I'm the Kind of Human Wreckage That You Love.

Get By With A Little Help From My Friends.

The skatefest tour ran for two weeks, from September 19 - October 1. It was September 17 and Gerard and I were packing his bag when Frank called.

“Ka-a-at, I don’t know what to pack! My Circle Jerks, Black Flag, and Misfits shirts? Or my Maiden, Smiths, and Mikey’s Night of the Living Dead shirts? What am I going to DO?!” Frank’s voice was high from his panic.

I gave Gerard sarcastic eyes, smiled, and shook my head in Frank’s hilarious alarm, “Okay, okay Frank. Calm down. What are you doing with Mikey’s shirt? No, no nevermind. What do you have packed already?” I asked him, in a motherly composed voice.

“Um... Let’s see... my toothbrush and a shoe. I can’t seem to find the other one...”

“Frank! Oh, babe, you’re so silly.”

“I have no idea what I’m gonna need. And Jamia hasn’t been around for, like, a week-”

“Alright, we’re coming over Frankie. Don’t hurt yourself before we get there.”

“Okay, cool, see you then.”

Gerard and I were practically done, so I grabbed my list and we headed over to Frank’s.

Gerard had me by the hand and pulled me up the walk way to Frank’s house. He had become very accustomed to showing me off in public and openly participating in PDA. He was so cute. We were so cute.

Not to brag or anything...

Gerard flung open the door and gave me a big kiss.

“Thank God you’re finally here, Kat... and man attached to her face...” Frank said skipping down the stairs.

“Hey, pal. Let’s get started. You guys leave tomorrow at, like, 9am.” I told Frank walking past him back up the stairs.

“Uuuhh, icky,” Frank complained, “Wait! I mean woohoo! We’re leaving tomorrow!” Frank shook Gerard by the shoulders.

“It’s pretty great. I can’t wait, but me and her have some shit to do... if you catch my drift.” Gerard hinted in a hushed voice.

“Oooohh, gotcha. I totally understand. I won’t keep you guys too long then.” Frank promised.

“Thanks. Is Jamia coming over tonight?”

“Ah, fuck. Don’t even mention her name. She’s driving me crazy. I’ve never liked a girl and had to work so hard at it. It’s like she doesn’t want to be with me. Me!!

What?! I don’t believe that. Maybe she’s just been sick or something.” Gerard wondered, playing in to Frank’s narcissistic blindness.

“Maybe...” Frank said down to the ground.

“Are you guys coming, or am I just your fucking woman who packs up your shit and cleans your clothes and makes your dinner?!”

The boys laughed from downstairs and apologized after meeting me in Frank’s room.

We, it was really more like I, had finished his bag and Frank had gone downstairs to answer the phone.

I was sitting on the bed when Gerard came and stood in front of me. His bat belt buckle (wow, say that ten times fast...) was at the level of my eyes and it made me giggle. I slid my fingers under it and pulled him down to the floor.

“On your knees, bitch!” I joked with him.

“As you wish, my queen.” He acquiesced, kissing the top of my hand.

As he looked up at me with his dark sage colored eyes that I wanted to die in, I combed his hair out of his face and leaned in to kiss him. He kissed me back and slid both of his hands under my skirt, but they soon found their way to the top of my legs. His thumbs were tickling me between my thighs, causing me to jitter and kick. He tilted his head and deepened the kiss while pulling me closer to him. His secure grasp was leaving impressions in my skin and I never wanted him to stop. My hands found their way to his belt, unbuckling it, then his zipper, leisurely unzipping it. I felt him smile.

“Yessss! Jamia asked me out on a date!” Frankie exclaimed entering his room.

I reached for Gerard’s hands and tried to pry them off me, but he persisted and continued the kiss.

“Um, hello? I have entered the room.... you can stop now. Jeez, at least pretend to acknowledge my existence. You know what FUCK you guys, I was gonna come in here and tell you Jamia asked me out for a goodbye fuck and you won’t even listen to me-”

At that moment we heard huge crash, the window shatter, and a loud thud.

I looked over Gerard’s shoulder and saw Frank’s incapacitated body huddled on the floor, blood pouring out of a hole in his chest.