I'm the Kind of Human Wreckage That You Love.

The Long And Winding Road...

Now, Back to My POV

“Do we really get to do this all over again tomorrow?” I happily wondered out loud as we strolled back inside.

His hand was in my back pocket and mine was in his.

“Yep. We get to drive for a dozen hours in a crowded van, perform a 30 minute set, get shit thrown at us, get a nasty tan, come back, fuck in a black sedan, maybe eat something, then do it all over again the next day.” He rambled in a mock-sunny tone.

I hit him in the stomach for his pessimistic attitude, he just loved making fun of my good cheer sometimes, then rested my head in the crook of his arm. He kissed the top of my head to say ‘sorry’.

“We get to do all this tomorrow...” He said wistfully to himself.

Walking through the doors, Mikey and Sid greeted us. The four of us sat at the bar and shared some stories from our time apart. Buddy came over with Gerard’s camcorder in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

“So, do you guys feel better now?” Buddy asked, panning between the four of us.

“Uuuhhh, what are you talking about, dude?” Mikey asked, confused.

“Gerard knows.” Buddy revealed, he panned over to Gerard.

Gerard raised his eyebrows and waved nervously at the camera with a smile.

Buddy pointed the camera over at me, “And so does Katmandu.”

I casually smiled in satisfaction, recalling some... things. I grabbed the cigarette dawdling between his fingers and took a drag.

I blew smoke at the camera, “You KNOW I do, Buddy.” I seductively replied.

Gerard grabbed my jaw with one hand and kissed me.

“Okay. That’s enough of those two. How ‘bout you guys? Excited?!” Buddy said to Mikey and Sid.

“Oh, yeah. I’m excited about buying expensive art supplies and blaming it on Kat.” Sid remarked.

“Why? That’s not nice.” Mikey said.

“Whoever said I was nice, Mikey?” She questioned.

“Oh, yeah. You’re right...”

Buddy turned back to us and we were just sort of staring at each other.

“Gimme my cigarette back.” Buddy demanded.

“These things’ll kill ya.” I mumbled with the Marlboro hanging out of my mouth.

“Yeah, but they make you look so COOL... YEAH!” Gerard joked.

“So.. Buddy. How have you liked the trip so far? Have they been little pricks?” I asked pinching Gerard’s chest.

“No, it’s just that the tiny one is always getting into trouble.”

“Yeah. All he does is eat random people’s food and kick over equipment onstage.” Gerard said.

“Haha. Yeah,...” I reflected dreamily on Frank’s onstage antics, “I love that kid. I hope he comes back soon, I’ve barely seen him.”

Image

“What? I’m not enough?” Gerard griped.

“You’re too much...” I said and leaned into him.

He kissed my nose and I rested my head on his chest.

“I’m tired.” I mumbled.

“Yeah, me too.”

“Do we have to sleep in the car?”

“Would you rather drive?” Buddy pitifully asked me.

“No, I think’ll I’ll make Sid drive. Or maybe I could ride with you guys. Me and Mikes could switch places. That be okay with you Mikey?” I looked over at Mikey and Buddy backed up to fit all four of us onscreen.

“Sure. You can drive, right?” He asked Sid.

“Mmmhmm,” She responded tiredly, “But, you don’t get to sleep.”

“Ah, man!” He whined.

I turned my head away from the camera still on Gerard’s chest, “At least tomorrow we get to stay in a... hotel!” I whispered, like I’ve never been this excited before.

“Yeah...” He drifted lost in thought.

“Hey... Where the hell are Frank and Jamia? They’ve been eating for two hours!” Buddy, practically, yelled.

“Well Frank’s been eating...” I remarked, smirking.

Everyone laughed at my crude humor. Ray and Otter joined us and we laughed more and fooled around with the camera for a while when Frank and Jamia finally came back.

Gleaming, I might add.

Frank’s arm was around her, proudly showing ownership.

“You guys look like you need some coffee.” Gerard advised, it was his solution to everything.

“Mm, yeah!” Jamia agreed.

Frank looked over to her, “Coffee it is then.”

“They should have a coffee maker here...” Buddy said.

“And they should let us use it based on how many kids were here tonight.” I added.

“That’s true. This place was packed. It took forever to get them all out of here.” Ray said.

“Hey bartender! Two gallons of coffee over here!” Gerard shouted to whoever could here.

Please.” I reminded him.

“Right, please.” He added.

After we drank to our hearts content, we prepared for departure.

While boys packed up their equipment, us girls stole a quick moment to ourselves.

“This is so much fun!” Jamia exclaimed, reminding me very much of Frank.

“I know! That coffee was delicious!” Sid said, semi-mocking Frank and Jamia.

“Gerard was delicious.” I mumbled with a dirty grin, “It’s like Lent when you give up candy for a month. Afterwards candy just tastes so much... sweeter.

“Amen.” Jamia blurted out, “But what about you n’ Mikey?!”

“We’re not about that... I’m not a sex addict like you two!” Sid replied.

“Oh, c’mon...” I sighed, “Join us! Join us, Sid! It’s SO much fun!” I chanted like a zombie.

“Come to the dark side!” Jamia reinforced with her arms reaching out for Sid.

Sid waved her arms at us, “Stop it you guys! Leave me ALONE!” She joked.

She ran away and we followed with our arms stretched out towards her and chanting.

We were laughing when we reached the cars, which were now fully packed and rearing to go.

We settled sitting arrangements. It would be Sid & Mikey, and Frank & Jamia in my car and the rest of us in the van.

Gerard and I sat in the back, Otter sat shotgun, and Ray sat in front of us.

The car was mostly quiet the way there.

Silence being broken by Gerard and I not being able to control ourselves and making out until someone yelled at us to stop.

[img=http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6290/chillininavanwaycoolpv1.jpg]