Status: finished

Nothing You Confess, Could Make Me Love You Less

May I Have This Dance?

As we were eating I ran up to my room and grabbed my dad’s wedding invitation and went back into the kitchen.

“Where did you go?” My mom asked once I had returned to Jacob’s side. I set the invitation down on the table and slid it towards her a bit.

“Dad sent me this. He said he would really enjoy it if we all came, but you didn’t have to if you didn’t want to,” I said softly. My mom slowly picked up the beautiful card and read it over carefully.

“I see. Are you going to go?” she asked glanced at me. I nodded.

“I planned on it.” My mom gave the card over to Nick and rested her head in her hands.

“I guess the least I could do is go after he let you stay with him after you and Jake fought,” she mumbled.

“Dad’s getting married?!?!” we turned our attention to Nick who looked shocked at what he was reading. Embry chuckled and took the card from him giving it back to me.

“Do you want to come too?” I asked Jacob. He looked down at me and smiled happily.

“Do you think your dad would want me there?”

“Of course, you’re my boyfriend!” Jacob chuckled and said okay.

6 Months Later

“…I do,” Every clapped as my dad and Nora kissed under the flower decorated arch. Jesse sat next to me with Jacob on my other side. Nick was next to Jesse and Mom.

Dad and Nora held hands and faced everyone with wide smiles.

“Let’s head to the reception!” Everyone cheered and followed the happy couple to the outside reception. Everything looked beautiful. It was almost summer break now and Jake and I were about to graduate high school.

“Let’s start this party off with the Father Daughter Dance!” The DJ said into the microphone.

“May I steal my daughter from you?” My dad asked Jacob. Jake nodded his head and I walked with my dad out onto the dance floor.

“I’m so happy for you, Daddy. Nora is great,” I told him as he twirled me around under the lantern lights.

“Thanks, Baby. I’m glad you got your mother to come. Maybe this is a good sign for our future as a family.” He said. I nodded and giggled as he dipped me. My light purple dress loosely hugged my curves and my blonde hair was curled as well.

“You’re growing up so fast. I can't believe you're almost out of high school. Are you and Jacob going to move in together?” he asked.

“I don’t know. We haven’t talked about it too much because neither of us want to be separated from each other, but that might happen in the end,” I pouted. My dad smiled like he knew something I didn’t.

“You’re hiding something from me,” I told him. He rolled his eyes and kissed my forehead once the song ended.

“Maybe I am, maybe I'm not,” he chuckled and led me back over to Jake. Now everyone was dancing.

“May I have this dance?” he asked. I stared into his beautiful brown eyes and nodded almost in a trance. Jacob held my hand and rested the other one on my hip.

“Are you having fun?” I asked him.

“Yeah, it’s nice to finally meet all of your family,” he said with a small laugh. We were quiet for a bit before he looked me in the eyes seriously.

“Let’s go for a walk,” he said. I glanced back at my dad and Nora hesitantly.

“I don’t want to miss anything,” I trailed off.

“It’s fine, I already asked your dad and he said not to stay away for too long,” I raised my eyebrow at him. So my dad did know something that I didn’t. I let Jacob lead me back to where the wedding took place. We sat down under the arch away from everyone else.

“What’s up?” I asked. Jacob held my hand in his and softly kissed it.

“We’ll be graduating in a few weeks,” he said.

“I know and then college. We may not see each other as often as we want to,” I mumbled.

“I don’t want that to happen. I want to be with you as much as possible,” he informed me. I already knew I was attending college in San Francisco, but Jake didn’t know where he was going yet.

“How are you going to do that? Fly out every weekend? Do you how expensive that’ll be?” I asked. I didn’t want Jacob to spend all his savings on me.

“That’s why I thought of this instead,” Jacob let go of my hand and reached into his pocket. He pulled out a rectangular box and fiddled around with it before finally looking me in the eyes again.

“This is the only way I could think about spending more time with you,” he said and took off the lid. I was confused at first when I saw a key inside the box.

“Jacob what is this for?” I asked taking the key out.

“That would be the key to our loft,” he said and showed me another key that was in his pocket.

“What? Our loft?” I asked with wide eyes.

“I talked to your dad about it. He co signed the papers and helped me find the place and the first two months are already paid for. Our loft is above a bookstore and a 5 minutes walk to your school.” He explained.

“But what about you going to school?” I asked.

“I’m going to college with you and I already have a part time job at a car shop down there,”

“What about the pack and La Push and the vampires? You’ll give all that up just to come with me?” I asked feeling like I was taking his life from him.

“Emma, stop worrying. I would give up so much more than that to be with you,” he leaned forward and softly pressed our lips together.

“Do I take that as a yes Jacob I would love to move in with you?” he asked against my lips. I smiled and threw my arms around his neck.

“Yes Jacob, I would love to move in with you,” I laughed and kissed him again. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me back.

“I love you.” I said but it came out as just a whisper.

“I love you too,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, this is the last chapter. Thank you to all who have followed this story and supported me with it. I really appreciate it.

I have a new Edward Cullen story out so check it out and tell me what you think(:
http://stories.mibba.com/read/255073/Ill-Be-Your-Melody/