A-Girl

Chapter 6

I lazily flipped through my latest Teen magizine and cut out pictures of A-girl and any other interesting articles. My parents had decided that Patty and her mother weren't to blame about my "shinanigans", and had come up with the idea that A-girl had convinced me to rebel. I refused the crazy idea, but my mother insisted that her pink hair and belly button ring were driving me insane with teen angst. Here's how our argument went:
"Mom, A-girl is an inspiration for all artists everywhere!"
Oh, I forgot, my mother refuses to talk to me anymore, so I'm actually talking to my father.
Ahem...
"Dad! A-girl is an inspiration for all artists everywhere!"
"Your mother and I have decided that she is a bad influence and not an inspiration for a young adult such as yourself!"
"But she's amazing!" I whinned, throwing my hands in the air in frustration. My mother lazily flicked through the channels on our TV set, and munched on my secret candy stash. I snatched my Crunch bar from her, already, chocolatey fingers and ran up the stairs to my room.
I slammed my door and locked it. How could they do this to me? I've been the perfect daughter before this! I've never done anything to hurt them, (besides the usual complaint of personal space and acting normal around people I know.)
My cell phone started to vibrate on my dresser and I picked it up with a huffy "Hello?"
"Gildy? Oh good! I've gotten through to you! It's Patty!"
"I have caller ID, Pat. What do you want? I can only talk for awhile, you know. The whole 'grounded' thing."
"Actually, I've never been grounded, so no, I don't know. But guess what!" She squealed on the other line. I sighed impatiently, not wanting to play her 'Guess What' games.
"What Patty?" I said, pushing my frizzy, black hair out of my face.
"You know how I said a few secs ago that I was glad that I got through to you? Well my family and I are going on a vacation to Mexico!" She screamed into my ear.
"What?" I shouted, then covered my mouth for my parents not to hear. "Patty, why are you telling me this now?" I paced around my room.
"I just found out, silly!" She giggled. I imagined her twirling a curly peice of hair around one of her pudgy fingers. "I'm so excited! Are you excited for me?"
"Well..." I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck. "What am I going to do without you? I mean, I could talk to Jacob at school, but what about the popular bitches that are always nagging at me?"
I heard Patty gasp through the phone. "Language Gildy! And don't worry! I'll be praying for your saftey!"
"Thanks...wear sunscreen!" I said before hanging up the phone.
"Virtual hugs and kisses!" She cried before she hung up too.
I sighed and plopped onto my bed. I grabbed my soft black pillow and screamed into it. Stupid grounded rules.
My old Spongebob TV blankly stared back at me. I grabbed the remote and lowered the volume. The news flashed on the giggling sponge's stomach and I laid down on my stomach.
"Yesterday night, teen sensation, A-girl's concert had over a million screaming fans packed into the baseball stadium for an uproaring concert." The newswoman said into the camera. "A-girl, or also known as Samantha Washington, was 'thrilled at the powerful energy coming from the fans', she told EV news."
Images from last night's concert flashed onto the screen. Samantha's face was stretched into a radiant smile, and her pink hair was up into curled buns. "Are you ready to rock?" She screamed into the night.
Gilda closed her eyes and imagined the same words being said from yesterday. She mouthed the words being sang through the TV screen and beat her hands on her bed's wooden frame.
"And now, we bring the fans today a little exciting news from their biggest hero, A-girl!" The woman said, and Samantha walked into the bright studio.
Gilda's eyes popped open and followed her idol across the stage.
"Hello everybody!" Sam cried, her smile stretching across her face, her blue eyes glowing as well. "I have special news for the people at my concert last night! I hope everybody is watching!"
Gilda shook her head, and her frizzy hair fell loose from its rubberband.
"I will choose a ticket number from the concert and whomever has that ticket will get to hang out with me for an intire day!" A-girl smiled.
Gilda frantically jumped up and flew clothes out of her hamper all over the floor.
"PANTS! WHERE ARE MY PANTS FROM LAST NIGHT!?" Gilda screamed digging through her smelly week-old clothes.
"And the ticket number is..." Samantha started, her eyes scanning a small peice of paper.
"Got it!" Gilda cried as she turned her pants pocket inside out, and grabbed the crumbled peice of paper.
"Middle section!" A-girl smiled and laughed as her co-host smiled too.
"Yes! Yes I was there!" Gilda said, aiming for her bed, missing, then climbing onto its blankets.
"Row fourty two..." Samantha read.
"Four? Oh! Fourty two! Yes! Fourty two!"
"Seat number..." the singer shouted, over the studio's drum roll.
Gilda's eyes were inches away from the yellow TV.
"Seat number... sixty seven!" A-girl cried throwing her hands up in the air as confetti flied down.
"SIXTY SEVEN!" Gilda screamed, dancing around the room and singing her number out loud. "I'm gunna meet A-girl! I'm gunna meet A-girl!"
Gilda kissed the ticket over and over again. The black ink clearly said... sixty six?!?
Gilda didn't win...Patty, who was next to her won...and she was about to board the plane to Mexico...
♠ ♠ ♠
You may have noticed that I've gotten rid of the whole two person perspective thing. I have decided to only write it in Gilda's point of view instead of her mother's too. It's actually better this way, (you'll see later!) It was good to show her mother's point of view in the begining because then you'd understand where she came from.
I'd also like to thank all my readers on this story! Please continue to read! (Add comments if you'd like to too! I like to hear feedback! :-)) I know I haven't updated in awhile, please be patient! Thanks for sticking with me all this time! I'd also like to hear some sugguestions for the story too if anyone has any! Thanks again!
~Rachel <3