Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

Happy New Year

Franchesa

Do you know the last thing you'd expect to happen at a party? It's your parents celebrating it with you, in the exact same house. Don't get any images of drunk teens trying to hit on mothers, because that is definitely not what was happening.

Apparently all the parents in the school's parent council were invited to Huntington Beach High School's principal's house for a little get together. The little social gathering expanded to the parents, their children, and other students from the school.

Is it weird enough yet? I think it is. The bad thing is that there's no alcohol here since we have supervisors upstairs. We all had to settle on soda, water, and fruit juice. The good things are the principal's house is freaking huge, the adults are on the third floor, and the students are on the bottom floor.

In a few more minutes, the crystallized ball is going to drop, ringing in the New Year. I can honestly say that this past year has been good. Sure, things did happen that I wish didn't but you can't control those type of things. I have my family and friends. That's more than I could ever ask for.

"Alright people. It's going to be the start of a new year in a few minutes. What are some things we are happy about this year?" Jimmy asked to our little group. All of us formed a little circle in the middle of the room. Everyone else was busy dancing, making out, or eating.

"I'm happy for Zacky," Angel said shyly, a blush on her cheeks. All the boys slapped Zacky's shoulder. In guy terms, I guess that means he did good.

Leana raised her soda filled plastic cup to the air. "Our friendships survived another year!" she hooted.

We all cheered at her comment. How right she was about our friendships. None of us ever argued so horribly that we stopped talking to each other for months. I'm hoping it stays this way.

"Love!" Jessica smiled, clapping her hands. Only a handful of our group agreed with her. The single people stared off into the distance. It must be nice to have someone to hold you and tell you they love you when you least expect it.

Matt tapped Rafael's shoulder. "I'm happy I made a new friend like you, dude."

"One minute!" someone in the mist of the crowd announced. So many people screamed I almost lost my hearing. All of us stared at the TV, intently listening to Dick Clark. We watched the timer count down to the last 10 seconds.

Everyone throughout the room counted down with the crowds in New York. "10, 9, 8, 7,"

I heard others say that the first kiss of the New Year is special and it somehow gives you good luck. I don't know how that makes sense exactly but the thought of my first kiss on New Year's is nice. I want someone to kiss me...

"Franchesa!"

I turned a full 360 degrees, trying to find whoever called my name.

"3, 2, 1!"

I found myself kissing soft lips. I closed my eyes, reveling in the feeling. Party horns blared and streamers flew everywhere, some streamers landed on my shoulder blades. I could care less right now. Instinctively, I wound my arms around his strong neck. He followed my gesture, wrapping his arms around my waist.

After a minute, we broke apart. I finally opened my eyes.

"Happy new year Fran!" he smiled.

Oh my god, I locked lips with Brian.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just like the title states, have a happy new year everyone! I know my chapters are ahead of the holidays but it just happened and I can't take it back. I've written the next few chapters for this story already so I just need to post them. I'm looking to post a new chapter for the next few days, but I might be busy thanks to school. -_- I'll try my best though!