Status: only a few chapters left

Kill Me.

2

Lee rushed through the double glass doors at City Sun newspaper office. In slow motion, one of those glass doors happen to smack into a man's face. The voice groaned from the pain.

"Oh my god! I am so sorry about that. Are you okay? Do you need an icepack?" Lee rushed to aid the man that was bending over while clutching onto the bridge of his nose.

"Lee? Why are you in such a rush?" The man just had to be his boss, Mr. Callaghan. Lee gulped down some build up in his throat.

"I am so sorry, sir. I was late for an errand you required for me to do." Mr. Callaghan chuckled at the flustered boy, before wincing.

Mr. Callaghan's beady eyes trailed down the boy's slim figure; observing every curve. Lee shivered, completely uncomfortable with the fact that his boss was staring at him like that.

"Ah...s-sir?" Lee stuttered. Mr. Callaghan cleared his throat and adverted his eyes to face Lee.

"Uh...Here." Mr. Callaghan thrusted some papers out to Lee for him to take. Lee reached his arm out and gripped the papers in his fingertips.

"What are these?" Lee skimmed his hazel orbs down the Arial font printed on the papers.

"Lists of interview times from Rock Publishers." Lee's eyes shone with a certain happiness and his lips curved upward into a smile.

"Really? Oh wow." Mr. Callaghan nodded with a simple grin upon his lips; he walked towards his office. Lee's eyes followed Mr. Callaghan's departing figure, until the figure was out of Lee's view. Lee turned and walked to his small-box cubicle.

~*~

"What are you doing here at..." Pete lifted his Mickey Mouse wrist-watch to read the current time, "ten pee-em?"

Pete is the only person that talked to Lee. Apparently, the employees saw the new intern as competition for them. Only Pete saw a talented person with a gift of writing.

"I'm just finishing off my article. Come see 'n' tell me what you think." Pete rolled his electric blue orbs and walked around the cubical, entering behind Lee at the computer. Pete leaned down, his warm breath hitting the back of Lee's neck, making the boy shiver.

"Any person subject to this chapter who, without justification or excuse, unlawfully kills a human being, when he-"
One: has a premeditated design to kill,
Two: intends to kill or inflict great bodily harm,
Three: is engaged in an act that is inherently dangerous to another and evinces a wanted disregard of human life; or...
Four: is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of burglary, sodomy, rape, robbery, or aggravated arson; is guilty of murder, and shall suffer such punishment as a court-martial may direct, except that if found guilty under clause one or four, he shall suffer death or imprisonment for life as a court-martial may direct." Pete read out in a deep mumble.

"Hmm...that's deep shit, man. How'd you find this out?" Pete asked Lee in curiosity. Lee minimised the article to the bottom bar on his desktop.

"Well, off random sites I looked up on Google and it's true facts, as well. There's always a reason for killing and - or murdering someone." Lee shrugged with a smile curved onto his lips.

"You're really into this murdering stuff, aren't you?" Pete chuckled at the boy.

"Yes. It's quite fascinating, don't you think?" Lee tilted his head to the side in question.

"Not really. I'm not into that stuff. I'm more of a natural disasters journalist." Pete straightened his back and stretched his arms out, with a yawn erupting from his widened mouth.

"Suit yourself." Lee's lips stretched into a sheepish grin.

Pete rolled his electric blue orbs and walked out of Lee's cubicle, sending a small wave of goodbye. Lee waved back and turned around to face his computer screen.
Lee saved the document as 'Why We Kill - Murder Article' and clicked the red button at the top right hand corner.

Lee sat back in his black leather office chair. His mind wondered to various things. From the latest killings, to the way Pete's hot breath caused him to shiver.
Lee asked himself why his body reacted to Pete's breath, like that. He also asked himself who the killer could be. Lee even had the suspicion that it could be that creeper, Mr. Callaghan.

Lee imagined Mr. Callaghan with a knife clutched in his large palm and violently puncturing stab wounds into the victim beneath him. Lee shivered and shook his head, ridding away the awful thought.

All Lee knows about this killer/murderer is that he currently resides in this city. On the inside, Lee was scared and cowering away like a mouse; but on the outside he was interested in unmasking the killer's identity to the world. Lee would have all the glory of the world's known 'Murder Journalist'.

Lee let a small smile curve upward onto his lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, guys.
Been a bit busy.
Thanks for the feedback/comments and subscribers. We both appreciate it!
=]
Word count: 822.