Status: completed :)

You & I Collide

Forever

Paul

I drove to the beach with Rachel, all the while having her question where we were going and what we were doing. I didn’t answer. I didn’t have a ring, yet, but I knew that she wouldn’t care. As long as we could be together.

“Come on, Rach,” I said, taking her by the hand and leading her out onto the beach. It was where we’d had the bonfire those weeks ago. But now this place would have a much different significance for us.

“Paul…what are we doing here? Please tell me,” she pleaded.

“I will,” I promise, raising her hand to my lips and kissing it. “But there’s something I need to do first, okay?”

“Okay,” she said tentatively.

I took both of Rachel’s hands in my own and looked deep into her eyes. “Rachel Marissa Black,” I said, smiling hugely, though she probably had no idea why. “I love you with all my heart, and I know that that will never voluntarily change,” I said, wincing that I had to bring even the slightest inkling of imprinting into this. But I moved on. “And I hope that you love me the same way.”

“I do, Paul, I do,” she said, nodding vigorously.

“Rachel, I don’t want us to be separated; I love you too much for that to happen. So I want us to really feel the meaning of ‘forever’. Because that’s how long I promise to love you. So, Rachel Marissa Black,” I said, getting down on one knee. “Will you marry me?”

A smile spread across Rachel’s face. “Oh…Paul. Yes, I’ll marry you! Yes!”

“I don’t have a ring, but I figured—”

“That doesn’t matter, Paul,” she said as I stood up. “I love you so much.”

“I love you, too,” I said, and then felt my heart explode with happiness as Rachel leaned in to kiss me. Soon, I told myself, she would not be Rachel my girlfriend. Not even Rachel my fiancée, what she officially was now. Soon, though, she would be Rachel my wife….
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!
the story is almost complete!!!!! stayed tuned for the sequel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!