Status: completed :)

You & I Collide

Cullens

Rachel

Over the next few weeks, my house became unsettlingly empty. Jacob and Paul were always away, hunting Amun. Billy constantly escaped to the Clearwaters' place, and that left me all alone. Which, considering the circumstances, was far from being a good thing. I spent my days trying to occupy my thoughts with my sketching, but somehow the horror of what was happening always crept in there.

One Tuesday afternoon, I had endured enough solitude. My father was fishing with Charlie, Jacob and Paul were out on patrol. I decided that I was going to spend some quality time with the Cullens. I didn't even call to ask - the phone rang not ten seconds after I had made up my mind.

"Alice?" I asked when I picked up the phone, because of course it would be her.

"Are you really coming over, Rachel?!" she asked eagerly.

I laughed at her excitement. "Yes, really. Can I?"

She snorted. "Well, duh, of course you can."

"Great. I'll be over soon."

We both hung up and then I hurried out the door, already dressed in a long-sleeved white shirt and jeans. My necklace hung from my neck as usual, and my hair was swept into a loose ponytail. I jumped in the driver's seat of the sleak, silver Dodge Challenger SRT10 that Jacob and Edward had built for me. Jacob had started, and had accepted Edward's offer for help. One day, Jacob had been out on a patrol, so Edward had brought in Rosalie for assistance. Jacob would freak if he knew that 'Blondie' had helped build my car.

I drove through the bumpy roads of La Push, through the simple streets of Forks, and then through the winding roads towards the Cullen house. I parked in the driveway and then let myself in. Alice came rushing down the stairs, a streak of pale skin, dark hair, and purple fabric. She hugged me for a minute and when she pulled away, I saw the striking purple dress she wore.

"I'm so glad you came!" she exclaimed with glee.

"Me, too," I told her.

"Rachel, it's great that you came!" Esme anounced, appearing at the top of the winding staircase with Carlisle at her side.

"Yes, we've been missing you," Carlisle added with a kind smile.

Just then, Emmett, Rosalie, Jasper, Bella, Edward, and Renesmee came in through the front door, startling me as they appeared behind me.

"Hey, Rachel!" they all greeted me. Bella gave me a hug, and Nessie smiled up dazzlingly. Edward grinned.

"It's good to see you, Rachel. You haven't been up in a while," he said.

I shrugged. "Well, werewolves make you busy."

Emmett chortled boisterously. Then he stepped forward and swung me around in a playful hug. I was shocked when tingling electricity shot through me at the touch of his cold skin. I felt happy around Emmett...and alive. Not that I didn't feel those things around Paul. I was just far more aware of it around Emmett because it shocked me into realization.

I spent the afternoon talking with all the Cullens, chatting in the huge living room. I pretended not to notice that Edward kept giving me odd looks, and then I remembered that he would have read my thoughts when Emmett had hugged me. I flinched, tensing instantaneously.

"You'll stay for supper, right, Rachel?" Emmett asked hopefully.

I wanted to say no, because I wanted to get back home if Jacob or Paul came back. But for some reason I couldn't comprehend, I found myself agreeing. "Yes, absolutely."

Then I stopped for a minute, as if I was being released from some kind of controlling power. I thought about that for a minute, and then the notion hit.

"Jasper! No fair!" I wailed.

We all laughed, including me. Jasper could sense peoples emotions, and control them. It could come in handy sometimes.

Supper was only for me and Renesmee, since the rest of the Cullens didn't eat human food. Renesmee, being half-human, half-vampire, enjoyed delicious spaghetti that Alice and Esme had prepared. The Cullens were the only people I felt comfortable eating in front of - I was used to it.

After the absolutely wonderful day at the Cullens, they all wished me a goodnight as I headed out the door. On my way back home, I began to ponder the intense feeling about Emmett I had felt. The electricity, the energy....

No, I told myself. I was with Paul. I loved him, he loved me. I needed him, he needed me. We were essential to each other. So why - why in the world - did I question that as I pulled up at home, with Emmett Cullen on my mind?
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what you think please comment or subscribe or both!!!! :)