Status: Active

Four Letter Lie

Quality Time with Johnny

“Do you even know what colors you want?” I asked Christina while I was hunched over the drawing table at the back of the shop, drawing out a tattoo for a client.

“Nope,” she answered and started swinging around in a circle in the swivel chair.

“Well, everyone knows that Brian is going to want that fruity ass purple color in the wedding somehow,”

“Purple isn’t a fruity color,” Christina continued to twirl in a circle. I hope she gets sick.

“It is for a guy,” I shrugged.

She rolled her eyes and leaned her head back and still twirled around in the chair. I shook my head at her and kept drawing the rose that was at the bottom of a cross.

“You’re going to get sick and dizzy,” I pointed out to Christina.

“No I won’t. I’ll be fine,”

“Fine, but when you try to stand up, don’t ask me for help,”

She immediately stopped spinning and I gave her a smirk.

“I can’t wait to get married,” Christina sighed happily.

“When do you guys want to get married?” I asked.

“Mid April,”

“Well, if Brian does decide to go with purple,” I rolled my eyes at the thought. “Then I would suggest using a light purple, since the wedding is during spring,”

“That sounds good I’ll tell him that,”

“You’re going to forget,” I stated.

“No I’m not,”

“Whatever you say,”

“Why are you always insulting my intelligence?”

“I never insulted your intelligence I just said you’re going to forget,”

“Yeah, whatever,” she rolled her eyes. “So, do you think I should have a big wedding or a small wedding?”

“I think you should leave me alone with all this wedding shit,”

“Oh come on, Veronica!” she whined. “You’re my maid of honor you’re supposed to be helping me with all this stuff,”

“Get a wedding planner so they could help you with all this stuff,”

“You’re no fun,” she pouted and crossed her arms.

“I’m shit loads of fun,”

“You’re always working like today. It’s Sunday, the shop is supposed to be closed,” Christina pointed out.

“So what? I had nothing else to do,” I shrugged.

“Well, Brian and I are supposed to go out and eat lunch with the guys and their girlfriends. You wanna go with us?”

“Is Zack gonna be there?” I asked and leaned back in my chair.

“Yeah,”

“Then no,” I said and put down my pencil.

“Just ignore him Veronica, please come out with us,” she pleaded.

“Fine,” I sighed and got up from my chair.

“We’re eating at Panera Bread, I’ll meet you there,” she said and walked out the shop.

Half an hour later I pulled up in front of the restaurant and got out my car. I went inside and immediately spotted the group near the back of the restaurant sitting at two tables that were pushed together. I waved to the girls and I saw that the only place left to sit was next to Zack. Christina saw my face drop and she sent me a look that said for me not to say anything.

“Ugh,” Zack said when I sat down and I bit my lip so I wouldn’t say anything.

“Hey Veronica,” Jimmy grinned.

“Hey Jimmy,” I smiled and thanked the waiter who put a menu in front of me.

Conversation went around while we all decided what to eat. I accidently knocked my fork off the table and it fell underneath by my foot. I scooted my chair back and bent down to retrieve my fork. When I got back up I saw Brian giving me a funny look.

“What?” I asked.

“How come you were under the table?”

“Cause she was giving me a blowjob,” Zack replied before I could with a smirk on his face.

“That’s it!” I screamed and slammed my fork down on the table. Before my hands could even reach around Zack’s neck someone had yanked me backwards. The commotion at the table had drawn everyone attentions in the restaurant and a few customers were giving me dirty looks. The warm air hit me in the face once I got outside and I took a few calming breaths. I saw that it was Johnny who had taken me out here and he fearfully looked at me. I sent him a small smile to assure him that I was okay now.

Poor Johnny, he took shit from everyone and still kept his head up with a smile on his face. Besides Jimmy, Johnny was another one of the guys who were my favorite. He was always nice to me whenever Zack insulted me and was always asking me how my day was going when he saw me.

“You want a cigarette?” I offered to him after I sat down on the small bench in front of the restaurant.

“Sure,” he shrugged and took a seat next to me.

I gave one to him and handed him my lighter after I was done using it. He lit his cigarette and handed me back my lighter. For the next few minutes we sat in a comfortable silence and just smoked our lives away.

“You alright now?” Johnny asked.

“A lot thanks,” I smiled at him.

“No problem,” he sent me a grin. “You just have to ignore him. I learned how to do it over the years. The way he is with you now is the way all of the guys were to me in the beginning so you have it easy,” he took one last drag and flicked the cigarette on the ground before stepping on it.

I chuckled. “I guess I never thought about that,” I continued to smoke my cigarette. “He just gets on my nerves ya know? I try my best to ignore him but it’s just so irritating,”

“I know, but just ignore him. He knows that what he does annoys you, which is exactly why he keeps doing it,”

“I swear one day I’m going to punch him so hard in the face,”

“Make sure I’m there so I can video tape it and put it on the internet,” Johnny chuckled.

“You’ll be the first to know when I’m going to do it,” I laughed along with him.

Our laughing calmed down and we sat in silence. I was at peace, that is, until Johnny opened his mouth.

“I think he likes you,”

I inhaled too much smoke and ended up choking. I coughed and felt Johnny pat my back.

“Who likes me?!” I squeaked and coughed a little more before stomping out my cigarette.

“Zack,” he chuckled.

“Ew,” I shuddered.

“You know you like him too,” he teased and poked me in the arm.

“Yeah right, I’d rather get hit by a car then think about kissing him,”

“Sure you would. You know that deep down in your aggressive little body there are feelings for our pudgy friend, Zack,”

“First of all, I’m not aggressive, and second Zack is your friend,”

“Okay, I’ll let it go for now. But one day you’ll realize that you and Zack belong together,” he smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Veronica's outfit

Sorry for disappearing on you guys, but I was having serious writers block and I just couldn't find the inspiration to write. But now I'm back! So for old time's sake, tell me what you think.

=]