Status: Taking a little bit longer than I expected to get the next one out, but I'm working on it!

Everything You Are

Settling In

I stopped in front of the two vampires; there was an awkward moment of silence between us before Jane spoke in her sickly sweet voice. “Welcome to the Volturi. Your first order of business is: You are forbidden to wear sunglasses. You are to hand them over to me now.” I could hear the smile in her voice. She probably knew that I not wearing sunglasses was going to take me out of my comfort zone; this was also probably not going to be the last time I was taken out of my comfort zone. I let out an inaudible sigh but took off my sunglasses and placed them in her outstretched hand.
She then proceeded to let them drop to the ground and stomped on them. I said nothing, I could say nothing. As of right now Jane was higher on the food chain than I was, she could treat me as she pleased, and I would have to sit there and take it. Jane let out a small “Humph.” Most likely satisfied with her work. “Now it’s time for you to meet the others.” And with that she turned and walked through the city gates. I followed behind her, I felt an intense glare on my back and knew immediately whose it was, Alec’s. His glare did not break from my back as we walked soundlessly through the streets of Volterra. The glare only ceased when we reached the throne room. A quick sweep of the room from the ground showed that all of the Volturi was here, waiting for my arrival.
Jane spoke up “We’ve brought her here Aro.” Aro stood up from his throne, I looked at him without hesitation this time, I had already seen everything he had done in his life, and there would be no surprises this time. He smiled when he caught my eyes and clapped “Oh Stella it’s so good to see you, and you’re not wearing those sunglasses anymore. So, tell me, how was your flight? Was it comfortable enough for you?” I smiled slightly, Aro seemed like such a child when he was in a good mood, but if he wasn’t, the entire vampire world knew to stay away from him. “It was very comfortable Aro, and thank you for covering the travel expenses, you didn’t have to though.” I answered “Nonsense, you’re part of the family now. It’s the least we could do. It must have been a long flight and you must want to settle in here. I assume you will be sticking with your ‘vegetarian’ diet?” he asked. I nodded “Yes, I will be. Do you have any preferences of when and where I hunt?” Aro smiled “Not at all Stella dear. Jane will you show Stella her new room please?”
Jane simply turned around and walked out of the throne room. I followed silently, we walked swiftly through many winding corridors, and I kept my eyes on the scenery in the corridors or Jane’s feet to make sure I didn’t get lost. We came to a large corridor with many doors lining each side. I assumed my room would be in this corridor but we kept walking until the corridor branched off to the right or left. One probably lead to Aro, Marcus and Cauis’s rooms we went down the left corridor which held four rooms whose doors were larger than the others in the corridor. Jane stopped at the first door on the right. “This is your room, mine is across the hall, Alrick’s is next to you and Alec’s is next to mine. Here’s your cloak.” She handed me the almost black material. This surprised me, I held the same level of power as Jane and Alec, well not really but for show I did. I said a brief thank you and was about to open the door when a wave of pain hit me like a train. It was Jane, I knew that, but I stood still and said nothing. I wouldn’t give Jane the satisfaction of hearing me scream or make a sound of pain.
Jane obviously became tired of me not reacting how she wished because she stopped using her power and before I could recover shoved me into the wall. My eyes flashed to meet hers, we were about the same height and I regretted that mistake. All the people she had killed, tortured until they became insane, it was awful and horrible. I audibly gasped and shut my eyes but the images were already there, forever burned into my memory. When I opened my eyes again she was grinning “That got a reaction out of you.” She sounded delighted that I was in pain. “Now, I don’t know why Aro thinks you will be helpful to us with your meaningless gift, but you’re here. So, don’t get in anyone’s way, don’t think that just because Aro treats you with respect that we will to. Just live out your miserable life here and don’t get in anyone’s way.” She spat and with that she was gone. It took me a minute to compose myself, and then I entered my room.
It was large with white, brown and a baby blue being the stand out colors of it. There were draws, a desk and a low lying bed that were all made of a dark wood. The walls were white with blue and brown accents. There was a large walk in closet and a bathroom attached. I put my bags down on the bed and decided to take a quick shower first.
I know vampires don’t need to have showers but it’s a convenience for us. I took a quick shower and got dressed in a fresh outfit. I decided to put my wet hair up in a loose ponytail. I then began to unpack my bags that held all of my clothes, and me being like my sister, I had a lot of clothes. I also unpacked my laptop and I had brought my cell phone, I-pod and a few books. I put my bags on the floor in the closet then went to my bed and turned on my laptop. It turned on quickly and I signed onto my YIM account. I barely registered that Alice was online as well before I got a message:

Alice<3Cullen: Stella! How was your flight? Are you unpacked yet? Is everything ok? I saw what Jane said and did to you, are you alright? Everyone is really worried about you.

Stella<3Cullen: Everything’s fine Alice. I’m unpacked and the flight was great. I’m not taking what Jane said to heart, I knew I people weren’t going to like me when I got here. It’s a good thing Jane thinks that Aro only invited me here because of my ability. ;) I’d like to keep it that way to. Underestimation is the name of my game.

Alice<3Cullen: lol. You are our best strategist, and like me, you pack a punch even though you look delicate.

Stella<3Cullen: Ha. Ha. Yeah. It’s getting late here and I should go hunting soon. Staying on the wagon is going to be harder with everyone drinking human blood here. See ya. Ily.

Alice<3Cullen: You know we’re here for you if you need anything. Everyone says hi. Ily 2. Bye.

I signed off and shut down my laptop. My hair was dry now so I took it down straightened, my bangs and put it back up again so it looked neater. I swiftly walked out of my room and through the corridors, being the Volturi’s underground castle at night was different than being at my home in Forks. There we were trying to act human, here there was no pretending, you were a vampire and everyone here knew it. In Forks everyone had mates besides me, so everyone would spend ‘alone time’ with their mates at night. Everyone kept things as quiet as possible but I would just listen to music for the entire night.
Here there weren’t that many that had mates, so most were up and about at night. It was as if the day never stopped, which made it all the odder to me. I was about to walk through the door that would lead to the city when Jane called “Stella, where are you going?” I looked her in the eyes now, hers were crimson red no doubt the rest of the Volturi had just had a meal. “I’m going hunting. My kind not yours.” I through in at the end when she started to grin, her face fell after that. “Be back by sunrise.” She snarled. “Will do.” I called over my shoulder as I exited into the town.
There was night life in Volterra which we didn’t have in Forks. People were out on the streets, many of them young, partying and having a good time. I didn’t pay attention to them, just being around humans, that I knew weren’t going to die, and just having to act like them , remember to breath walk at their pace shift the way I walked now and then. It made me feel like I was at home again, just for a moment.
Once I was out of the city and away from curious eyes, I bolted for a secluded area where I could hunt. The mountains in Switzerland had many goats and mountain lions, so I made a meal off those. I was back in Volterra in a matter of three hours. The streets were quiet now; the partiers had gone home and went to sleep. I slipped back into the castle without being noticed. Or so I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments! Remember, comments= updates. I also know that this was a filler one, but some parts were interesting and there will be more Alec to come! I promise!

Stella Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/everything_you_are_stella_cullen/set?id=13664133