All's Fair in Love and War

o3.

“Okay teams! Rally up over here! We’re going to look at the points system now.” Phil said and all the teams surrounded his podium. Behind him was a large board with four columns. Each column had a team color, and a long row.

“This is how points work. Each time you win an event, you get 15 points. Second place gets 10, third 5, and last none. Points can and will be added by the kids at home who play games online and donate to their favorite teams, so kids, help out your team and play, play, play!” Phil said. The cameras panned over us, and everyone began mouthing ‘Help us!’ to the kids watching at home. Then they cut to commercial, and Phil put down the megaphone.

We chattered for a few more seconds, and then Ellie and Selena walked over to Demi and me.

“We heard about your little bet with Joe!” Ellie exclaimed, grinning widely. Demi giggled again.

“It was great. They were all up in each other’s faces and everything!” She said, giving Selena a high five. I rolled my eyes.

“It was freakish. Weird. Annoying.” I kept listing adjectives, not noticing all three of them giving me Looks. Yeah, looks with a capital L.

“You agreed to it.” Selena pointed out.

“Only because I didn’t want to look like a chicken.” I replied.

“You do know what this means right?” Demi asked, her eyebrows raised.

“That I have to win?”

“That no matter if you win or lose, you’re going to kiss Joe Jonas.” Ellie said solemnly, shaking her head. My eyes widened and I realized she was right. What had I gotten myself into?!

“Oh, no. Not happening. I’m going to go find him, give him a piece of my mind, and then call this bet off.” I growled, moving towards the red team’s tent. I heard them laughing behind me, but ignored it. I had other things to think about, like the fact Jonas had just tricked me into kissing him.

I stormed into the tent where all of the team members were celebrating. I stood in the doorway (tentway?) with my arms crossed and the scariest death glare I could muster, all pointed at Joe. The excited chatter fell silent as everyone noticed me there.

“Can I help you, Parker?”

“Yeah, Jonas, you can. I’d like to know where you got the idea it was okay to trick me.” Joe put on this fake innocent expression that made me want to punch it right off his cocky little face.

“Trick you? Parker, what are you talking about?”

“Our bet.” I spat. “You tricked me into agreeing to kiss you.”

“Only if you lose. Which you will.” He said casually.

“One, I’m not going to lose. Two, I’m not going to kiss you.” I snapped. Joe shrugged.

“You agreed. Are you calling off the bet? Are you afraid you’re going to lose?” He asked, standing up from the chair and walking towards me. I scoffed.

“If I’ve told you once, I’ve told you a thousand times. I am not going to lose.” I practically spat.
By this time, the tent was completely silent. Everyone was watching us, but I paid them no mind. I was here for one reason and one reason only: to get Joe to call off this bet.

“Then why in the world would you want to call off the bet?”

“Because I don’t want you kissing me!” I almost shouted. His over-confident, completely calm voice was really getting me upset. Joe rolled his eyes.

“Don’t lie to yourself, Lucy. Every girl in the world wants to kiss me.” He said, a smirk on his face. I clenched my fists together and resisted the urge to punch him. I’m sure it was against the rules, and I wasn’t going to get disqualified just because of Joe.

If I wasn’t so upset, I would have realized that was the first time in a long time he called me by my first name.

“How about we remake the bet?” I said, taking in a deep breath to calm down. Joe raised one eyebrow.

“Go on.”

“If I lose, I have to kiss you. But if you lose, then you have to be nice to me for the rest of eternity.” I said, grinning confidently. This was one bet I could live with.

Joe smirked. “You’re on.” He said, and we shook hands. I left the tent feeling considerably better. Now I had to win, because there was no way I was going to kiss Joe Jonas.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow update!
(: