Status: finished : )

Too Much

Simple, silver band

[ one year later ]

Jasey sat in the middle of the bed with her legs under her. She was playing with the simple, silver band around her finger on her left hand. Somehow, even though things were going so well, she couldn’t help but get nervous at this point. This was, after all, the dreadful conversation that had ruined things oh so long ago.

The front door opened and closed while her heart thudded. “Jase! Sweetie? Where are you?” Alex yelled from downstairs. Her mouth was too dry to call out to him. “Jasey?” His tone quickly turned worried as she listened to him bounce up the stairs. He always got a bit hysterical when he thought she was gone, because of the one time she did run off on him. Course she wouldn’t dream of doing that again.

“I’m here.” She croaked as he was about to pass their bedroom. He entered and gave a huge sigh of relief as he shrugged off his huge coat.

“God, Jase, you scared me. Why aren’t you getting ready for Jewels’ party?” He chuckled as he kicked his shoes off. “Are you not feeling well, babe?” Alex sat on the bed as his eyebrows scrunched together and he reached out to place his hand on her cheek. He was starting to pick up on her anxious vibes. “Jasey, what’s going on?”

Jasey wasn’t able to look him in his eyes. Instead, she shifted her gaze continuously as she stumbled over words. “Alex, I, I-I.” There were tears starting to well up as she tried to spit it out. Alex quickly scooted closer and cupped her face in both his hands. His big brown eyes finally connecting with her green ones. “I’m pregnant.” This time it just slipped out.

A wide smile broke out on Alex’s face. “That’s what’s got you so fused up?” He chuckled.

She was a bit taken aback by his response, but mostly it just hurt her feelings to see that he found this funny. “In case you don’t remember,” she started with a little anger in her voice. She was about to remind him of the fight they had ages ago, but he cut her off as he pressed his lips against hers.

He pulled back after just a few seconds and rested his forehead on hers. “Of course I remember, but things are so different now. We’re different.” His voice was low as he kept his hands on her, gently stroking her cheeks with his thumbs. “And there is nothing I want more than to have a baby with you, except for maybe getting you to finally set a date.” He grinned as his right hand dropped to find her left. As he started to play with the same silver band on her finger, she let her tension ease away.

“Well, it’s going to have to be soon, before I swell up like a pumpkin.” She sighed and closed her eyes. She liked the feeling of his forehead against hers and the light sound of his laugh in her ears.

“You are going to look gorgeous, no matter how big you get.” They both laughed at that.

“We’ll see what you think six months from now.” She grumbled and pulled away from him, even though she didn’t want to. “I guess we’d better get going to Jewels’ new place then. She’ll be dying to hear how you took the news.” Jasey went to get up from the bed, but Alex wouldn’t let her. He pulled her back down to the bed and quickly straddled her hips as he pinned her down.

“She got the news before I did?” He arched one eyebrow at her as she giggled.

“Well, duh. Somebody had to be there while I peed on stick after stick.” She squirmed a little.

“Well I think we should make her wait to hear the outcome. Drive her a bit crazy like you two do to me.” Alex smirked and bent down to kiss Jasey.

“But-,” Jasey tried to talk, but Alex kept on kissing. It wasn’t until the two were desperately trying to peel off each other’s clothes that Jasey got another chance to speak. “Jewels’ is supposed to be telling Jack about her and Zack today.” Alex groaned at her words as he finally pulled his shirt off. “But like you said, they can wait until this evening.” She smirked and placed her hands on his neck, tangling her fingers in his hair as she pulled him back down to her on the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
the end : ) there will be no sequel or prequel; this is the end my friends.
thanks to : Faireway, she floats., AJ Vengeance Roars, Tasssshhh, rainbow.veins;, OhMyGaga, TheHider;, YourFavoriteMistake, Starscream_x, where do we go?, Rawr! I'm a dinosaur, carleebear, Kizzerrrr TEE EMM, smileforthem013, save your heart., Punk_T, Caleb Turman., trishaBOOB, and U.SNAVY_Gurl. All of your comments are appreciated and helped pull this along; I owe you all so much. Thank you and farewell : )
xooxDee