Nancy Boy

Broken Promise

I sat there dumbly as my brother interrogated me, feeling like a dear caught in headlights. “Well?” he asked looking angrier than I had ever seen him, “We’re you?”

“I had a few beers,” I managed to mumble out under my breath.

His expression turned from angry to downright disappointed. “Are you kidding me?” he asked in a hurt tone. “After everything, you’re stupid enough to drink? And hang out with random fucking guys all night, are you really that irresponsible?” he asked, his tone, raising towards the end.

“Gerard, don’t worry about it, I kept an eye on her,” Brian said from behind me. “We were just talking about life, nothing happened between us and nothing happen between her or anyone else,” he added.

Gerard glared at Brian, “I don’t really fucking care, that’s not the point. I just came out to see my seventeen year old sister, buzzed and laying next to a 32 year old guy at five in the fucking morning!” Gerard said, yelling--- more like screaming--- at the end. “So you shut the fuck up!”

Brian gave me a sideways look, “Seventeen? Didn’t see that coming,” he said with a slightly nervous laugh.

Gerard yanked me away from Brian. “I don’t want you talking to her again,” he growled.

I pulled away from Gerard, my hand flying across his face in a slap, “Leave me the fuck alone Gee!”

He stared at me stunned, “E-excuse me?”

“I’m a fucking adult,” I growled, “and a pretty damned good one who doesn’t fuck up very often. I don’t need your permission to talk to the one person I was looking forward to meeting. We were just talking and we’re just fucking friends, so shut the fuck up! I see you once a fucking year, Gee, you’re not allowed to boss me around all the time...”
“You... You’re not an adult, Ash, you’re a kid!” he protested, his cheek red.

I glared at him, “You and I both know that I haven’t been a kid in almost five years.”

“Which is why I flip out when you disappear all Goddamned night,” he replied, trying to stay calm.

“Well, now you know where I am,” I said, still glaring, “so go.”

“No, come back to the bus, please...”

“I’ll sleep on the fucking ground, I’m not going back with you... not right now. No offense, but I kind of don’t like you very much right now,” I said, crossing my arms stubbornly.

“What are you going to do, Ash, sleep with Brian?” Gerard asked snidely.

“Fuck you Gee,” I spat before walking off.

“Ash!” Gerard called after me.

“Leave me the fuck alone, I’m going to see Adam,” I growled.

I heard Gerard talking aggressively as I walked away as Brian started to respond just as fiercely. I was about 90 yards from them, and almost at Taking Back Sunday’s bus when I heard the unmistakable sound of someone’s fist colliding with another person flesh. I turned to see Gerard standing over Brian as Brian quickly got up and tackled Gee to the ground. The two of them started throwing vicious punches at each other, rolling around of the ground. They were going to kill each other, I just fucking knew it.

I banged on the side of TBS’s bus, “ADAM!” I yelled, before running towards the brawl. I attempted to pull Brian off of Gee, while Adam came out of the bus with confusion, before spotting the brawl and running to help. In the middle of trying to pull them off of each other I got a lovely fist to the side of the face, I wasn’t sure from who though...

“Fuck,” I muttered before being knocked over. “What the fuck is wrong with you two?!” I screamed, kicking whoever I could and hard. I’m pretty sure I got both of them good, because the suddenly stopped.

Brian stood up quickly. “Ash, you okay?” he asked, offering me a hand.

Gerard pushed him out of the way and pulled me up. “I’ve got her,” he growled, giving Brian a death stare.

“No,” I growled, “no Gerard, you don’t. You’re acting like a fucking animal.” I paused for a long time. “Adam, I want to stay on your bus for the rest of the tour,” I said glaring at Gerard. “Otherwise, I want a fucking ticket home... I can’t deal with this shit... You act like a fucking child, Gerard...”

“Ash, I just---”

“I know!” I screamed. “You worry! Get over it! I did! Let me fucking live and stop trying to control me!” I yelled, as loud as I could, about an inch from his face.

“S-sorry,” he stuttered.

“Adam, can--”

“You can stay in our bus,” he said, giving a nod. He shook his head at Gerard.

“Don’t look at me like that dude, you have no fucking clue why I’m this way over her,” he growled.

Adam rolled his eyes, “Oh c’mon Gerard, this isn’t a fucking game. We get it, she’s your sister, but you take protecting her to a whole new extreme. You act like there’s some big fucking family secret.”

Gerard exploded, “Maybe there fucking is Adam... Maybe, just maybe, I walked in on my fucking 13 year old sister getting raped by my fucking friend cause I wanted to get wasted, so I left a fucking junkie with my sister,” he screamed. "Maybe that's why I don't fucking let her party or let her run around with random fucking guys."

I felt like someone had stabbed me as everyone fell silent and stared in my direction. I walked towards Gerard, raising my fists, wanting to hit him so badly... Instead I simply let my hands fall to my sides as my eyes watered, “You’re an asshole, Gerard,” I said softly before walking off, ignoring everyone who tried to call after me.