Status: active but, coming along slowly :]

Better Off Dead Than Alive In Here

Chapter 14

I looked at my phone. It had been over 2 minutes so I went over to the little Platinum girls and said, "Alright girls, you ready to go?"

I got an excited cheer and we all waited in the back of the room. I looked at the girls in the group and saw Anna deep in conversation with Mikayla. Mikayla said something and Anna smiled and gave her a hug.

I walked over to the two girls and said, "Anna and Mikayla! Do you know each other already?"

"Yeah!" They both said, excitedly,

"Mikayla had a picture of a horse that looks like Eddy, so I went over and said 'Hey, I like the picture of the horse, there is one just like that here.'" started Anna.

"And then I said hi back," said Mikayla.

"And then we started to talk about horses and how long we're both staying and knowing people," said Anna again.

"And I didn't know many people, and Anna doesn’t like the girls that much, so we decided to be new best friends for the summer," finished Mikayla.

I watched each girl as they told their own leg of the story. I smiled, it would be much easier to have two kids who actually liked me.

"What about Jack and I? Aren't we your best friends too?" I asked Mikayla.

"Well.." she said confused and nervous,

"I think we can work out a sharing Mikayla schedule, right Lily," said Anna.

I smiled, "That sounds great,"

The Bronzes had just left so I said to the girls, "Alright girls, stay close and listen to me when we get down to the breakfast circle."

We walked down the stairs and out of the door. We started down the long hill, I was walking with Anna, Lily, and the other girls when a large arm swung around my back.

"Well hello there," I said to Gabe

"Hola senorita, thanks for this morning, I need it!" Gabe said.

I smiled, "No problem, but no promises about next week!"

Gabe laughed and smiled, "So I kind of got voted to tell you that we're all singing something together, the counselors I mean."

"What!?" I asked.

"See this is why I asked," Gabe said. "You can either play the guitar and not sing, or sing with everyone else. Alex, John, Travis, Patrick, Andrew, and I are in on the singing thing. Pete gave up guitar playing rights just for you.... he wanted me to say that, just FYI."

"I think I'll stick with guitar this week. What are you singing too?" I asked.

"Where Is Your Boy," he replied.

I smiled. "Alright, I'll do it."

"Muy bien, we have an acoustic out down there, we'll call you up for introductions then you can just sit down on the table and play it," Gabe filled me in as we crossed the small bridge leading to the circle.

"Alright thanks," I said and gave him a wave goodbye.

My group all filled in on the bleachers that formed a semi circle around the fire pit. I sat down next to Ryland and Mikayla.

Everyone was talking until Andrew said, "Alright, Alright! Welcome to camp! My name is Andrew and I am the cook slash head counselor at BCC camp. I am so excited to see you all here, smiling, and ready for an awesome week. During the week you will be picking two classes to do in the morning and then do group activities during the afternoon. We have a lot of fun here with the help of our counselors. So I'll start off the introductions. I'm going to say my name, which is Andrew. What I do at camp, which is cooking and planning your awesome days. Which group do I have and when I have them. I will be a day/night counselor for everyone. And finally what my favorite ice cream flavor is, which is strawberry."

We all listened to Andy. Gabe and Travis both called out "Ewwwww!!!" after he said strawberry.

Everyone laughed and Andy picked Pete to go up and talk next. He said he was the head of the barn, night counselor for everyone, and he likes chocolate ice cream.

Pete picked Gabe who picked Danny who picked Rian who picked Georgia who picked Elliot who picked Garrett who picked Joe who picked Nate who picked Drew who picked Alex L. who picked Jared who picked Kara who picked Ryland who picked Zack who picked Jersey who picked Kennedy who picked Andy who picked Victoria who picked Travis who picked Ashlee who picked Jack who picked Mike who picked John who picked Patrick who picked Suarez who picked Hunter who picked Alex G. who picked Pat who picked me.

I got up in front of the bleachers and said, "Hi, my name is Lily. I will be a counselor for the Golds this week, I teach horseback riding, and I am going to have to go with the one NO ONE said! Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough."

"Alright, Lily won hands down," said John. The counselors agreed and we planned a chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream party in Nate's bunk later. We were sitting on the picnic bench waiting for the song to start.

"Okay, so now, the counselors have decided to be awesome and give us a little show. We are going to be signing a song called Grand Theft Autumn or Where Is Your Boy Tonight. My band and I wrote this song, so if you like it you have great taste in music," Pete said.

I gave the guys the I'm ready sign and Patrick started it off singing"

"Where is your boy tonight?
I hope he is a gentleman
And maybe he won't find out what I know
You were the last good thing about this part of town

I started in on the guitar and watched the boys sing. Each had a different voice, but they were all amazing in their own way. By the second verse I was totally immersed in the song and nothing else

I smiled and finished the song. The guys got a huge round of applause. I clapped along with the campers and gave them all a hug.

"That was great, you have my approval," said Pete.

We all fake scoffed and gave him a dirty look. Pete laughed and shook his head.

I looked out to the bleachers for the first time. Oh crap...
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea why I am posting this......horrible mood right now, fml.....

This chapter is for you--thank you for reading.

Stuttering--The Friday Night Boys
High School--The Friday Night Boys
Slow Down--The Academy Is...
Season--The Academy Is...
Coppertone--The Academy Is...
Don't Forget--Demi Lovato

10 comments till chapter 15......

subscribe and all that.......

Claire