Betrayal

The end

Betrayal

“ I hate you!” , I screamed at Amanda. Her usual cheerful smile was gone, instead, replaced with utter shock, her eyes wide. She apparently had not expected this reaction. “ Why the hell did you tell?”

Everyone in the hallway had stopped what they were doing to watch the events unfold. I could see the flush creeping up Amanda’s cheeks as people began to whisper, not trying to hide the fact that they were talking about us.

“I thought… I was just… I mean …”She stuttered.

“No, you didn’t think, that’s just it .Did you even consider what this would do to me?

I stepped towards her, and she took an automatic step back. She was pressed up against the lockers, eyes fearful. She winced slightly as I took another step towards her. I was so close I could see the color drain form underneath her freckles. But still, I didn’t back down.

“ So what did you think about? Apparently not what this was going to do to me, to my family?”

I could see her eyes brimming with tears,” Haley, Im so sorry, I didn’t think. I just didn’t know what to do, I - ”

“You should have kept your mouth shut! You were supposed to be my friend. I see I was mistaken.” I spat at her.

“Haley, Im sorr – ” She began but I cut her off.

“I don’t want apologies, I want you out of my life.” And with that I turned on my heel and stormed away, shoving people out of my way as I went. How could she do this to me? She was supposed to be my best friend. Well at least one of them, we had been friends since first grade. I can’t believe she snitched.

Listen up because this is not the end/ you’re the last thing that crossed my mind/Relationships are based on trust/ well I guess this one was based on lies

A half hour later, sitting in Biology, I got a text from Gabriella.

Ppl are talking about u and mandy getting in a fight. What r they talking about?

I texted her back quickly, hiding the phone under the table,

She went and told. I cant believe her. I thought we were friends.

That’s bullshit. Im here for u tho hun. Don’t ever 4get that or Ill kill u. J

Lol. At least I can trust you.

Of course u can. g2g. See u after school.

I flipped my phone closed, five minutes left till bell. Finally it rang, I scooped up my books and headed upstairs to the third floor for Honors English.

Listen up the ones you trust/just a few by your side/give in/ everything is going to be all right

Amanda passed by me on the stairs but pointedly looked away. I could see her face red with concentration. I smirked. I didn’t care that I made her miserable. She deserved it.

And you don’t see/the things you said/ and now your dead/and that’s all right by me
♠ ♠ ♠
Word count - 508

Song- Listen up by Falling In Reverse

contest- media player shuffle by Itoshii Hito