Status: Also completed on Wattpad!

Celebrity Crush

Chapter 34

I pulled on a pair of lounge pants and a twilight shirt. This one had the Cullen family on the front. I was stuffing my feet in my crocs. They were the most comfortable shoes I had. My phone buzzed once again.

Kimi had found out from her mom that it was alright for me to come. She was concerned about me staying alone as well. Kimi kept texting me about everything. She was just trying to cheer me up. She was sending me the strangest one line messages.

My bags were packed for at least this coming up week. I could always come get more clothes if I had to. My phone kept buzzing and moving across the bedside table. I rolled my eyes as I walked toward the table.

I flipped open my phone and looked at the screen, One new message from *Kimi*.

I opened the message and looked at what she sent.

Outside to get you. Open the damn door be4 I freeze.

I grinned and walked out of my room. Sarah was rolling her suitcases down the hall. She had so many bags in her arms. I walked faster and picked up a bag that was about to fall.

“Sarah let me help you.”

She turned her head and gave me a smile.

“Sure just grab one that's not so heavy.”

I grabbed a couple bags and we continued down stairs. Suddenly we heard knocking from the other side of the door. I could hear Kimi's voice.

“Laura Robin May, you better open this damn door right this second.”

I chuckled and Sarah laughed. I was surprised she laughed.

“Don't worry Laura. I have always liked Kimi, she protects you from everyone even me. She's a great friend.”

I grinned as I pulled the door open. Kimi stepped inside and grabbed me in a hug.

“Oh there you are. I thought I was going to be an icicle before you opened the door.”

I chuckled and then stepped back.

“Kimi you can go ahead to my room. I need to help Sarah with her bags.”

Kimi's eyes bugged out of her head.

“Wha-Wh...

I laughed at her expression and the fact that she couldn't get her sentence out.

“Sarah and I talked this morning after I asked you about spending the night. Everything is great between us now, I promise.”

Kimi looked unsure but nodded none the less. She walked past me toward the stairs. Sarah walked out of the house in front of me and I followed behind her. She walked to her little green car and popped open the trunk.

I watched as she placed her bags inside and turned to me. I handed her the bags and she placed them inside. She slammed the trunk lid and turned toward me. She wrapped her arms around my torso and hugged me.

“Oh Laura please call me or message me about everything. I want to know about you and Robert. I want to know about Ben and his shit. Please just tell me everything.”

I smiled as she pulled away. She ruffled my hair and then walked toward the driver side of her car.

“I will Sarah. I will let you know about everything. I promise.”

She grinned and stepped in her car. I walked back toward the house and stepped inside. Closing the door after me I walked back upstairs. I heard Kimi in my room exploring things.

“Kimi what the hell are you doing?”

I stood in the doorway with my hands on my hip. She looked sheepish.

“Well I was trying to find your twilight movie. I can't find mine. I have wanted to watch it.”

Kimi's not a very good liar. It was obvious to me she was lying. The girl hid her movie under her pillow on her bed. She would never in a million years loose that movie. I stepped in the room and closed the door. I walked over to my stereo and the radio came on.

I turned the volume up louder and looked expectantly at Kimi. She just sighed.

“Well I was just searching your room. You told me about the money she gave you and I was just checking it before you opened it. I don't trust Sarah right now and I don't think you should either. I have a feeling that she's just playing you. We should find Luke and ask him about what happened.”

I nodded my head replying, “I understand Kimi. I just am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.”

She sighed and walked to me. She wrapped me in another hug.

“I am so sorry Laura. I was sure Robert wouldn't do something like this. If I had the feeling he would I wouldn't have pushed you so much.”

“Don't worry Kimi. None of this is your fault alright. I was more than willing to give my heart to him. I blame myself for it all. I was stupid to think he actually cared about me.”

We pulled away and Kimi noticed my silent tears. She wiped them away before I could even try.

“Well let’s get going. I told mom I would be back in an hour. She will send out a search party if we don't get back.”

I laughed. That sound just like her mom. Kimi grabbed my bag for me and handed me my jacket. I stuffed my arms inside. I switched off the radio and walked toward the door where Kimi was waiting. I looked around the room and noticed nothing out of place. The envelope Sarah had given me was tucked tight in my backpack purse that was on my back.

I flipped the light out in my room and closed the door behind me.

“Kimi go ahead to the car. I am going to tell my mother goodbye.”

She nodded her head and turned toward the stairs. I turned around and headed toward mom's room. The door was creaked open with the light shining in the hall. I stepped closer to the door and I heard her talking on the phone once again.

“You mean to tell me you can't figure out where he went? This can't be happening.”

Silence.

“Okay I understand that. No I want to see him and convince him to come back is all I want. None of this makes any sense to me. I woke up this morning and he was gone. He left a note telling me he got called away to LA and he had to leave. I don't know why he didn't wake me up.”

Quiet.

“So you are saying he left last night? How can that be? Well yes I get that. So he must have left soon after Laura came home I guess. I was bathing when she first got home and then I went straight to bed.”

Silence.

“Yes we did. He doesn't want to tell anyone we did. Yes that, we slept together. We are dating and obviously that was going to happen.”

I was hearing so much more than I wanted to hear. I had a feeling they had slept together but I was still hard hearing it. I was tempting to knock when she talked once again in the phone.

“Yes we slept together last night. We came home early from the dance when Laura wasn't paying attention. He jumped me and that is what happened. I texted Sarah to let her know when to tell Laura to come home. I know I shouldn't have done that but we hadn't had any alone time. I was too worried about Laura when she went missing that we didn't do anything then.”

I had heard enough. I raised my hand and knocked on the door.

“Mom, are you decent?”

I heard her sigh and then hang up the phone.

“Yes, Laura, I am decent.”

I pushed open the door and walked in the room. Her bed was unmade and suitcases were sitting up and opened. I looked at her and she was putting clothes in the bags.

“Well, mom, Kimi's here. She's taking me to her house. Her mom said it was fine. I will get my jeep later in the week or something. I just wanted to let you know that I was leaving and everything.”

Not once did she look up from her bags.

“That's good Laura. Have fun with Kimi and try not to worry about everything.”

I sighed and just walked right back out of the room. She only cared about him. She didn't give two shits about me now that I was out of the hospital. I ran downstairs and out the door slamming it against the frame.

I was pissed beyond reason. My own mother cared more about her image and boyfriends than she did about her own fucking family. To top all of it off Robert had fucked my mother and then had the right to kiss me the way he did. I was mad, pissed, but most of all heartbroken.

***
Kimi and I pulled up into her drive way. I hadn't talked much since I got in the car. We had stopped by a restaurant, Gus's, and got some food. I opened the door and stepped out of the car. Kimi grabbed the bags with the food and I grabbed my bag of clothes from the back seat.

We walked toward the front door just as the door opened. Kimi's mom, Jennifer, stood waiting on us inside the house in the door way. Kimi smiled at her mom as we walked inside past her. Kimi directed us toward the kitchen.

“Hey Kimi?”

She sat the food bags on the table and looked at me.

“I'm going to put my bag in your room alright.”

She smiled a small smile and nodded. I turned around and walked toward the hall. Jennifer sat in the living room watching the television. She was watching some game show on the TV. I walked down the hall toward the end to Kimi's room.

Pushing the door opened I walked inside. My head was swarming with so many thoughts. How could Robert do this? It wasn't supposed to happen this way; he promised he wouldn't let my mom stop us from getting to know each other.

I hate this. I tossed my bag toward the corner of the room. Pulling out my phone I plugged up the charger. I sat on her bed and plugged the charger into the wall behind her bedside table. I pressed the send button turning the phone back on. I had turned it off once I left my mom's because I didn't want to read the messages from everyone else.

The phone finally came to life and nothing popped up. Tears slipped from my eyes as I thought about everything. I was just some sympathy case that he didn't care about just felt sorry for that was it nothing else.

He fucked my mom and then decided to kiss me. I couldn't believe that he had done this to me. Suddenly my phone went off and I looked down at the screen.

*Robert*

Flashed across the screen. My breath suddenly got caught in my throat. He wasn't calling me, he couldn't be calling me. Suddenly the ringing stopped and then the screen flashed again.

New Voice Mail

After I got my breathing under control I picked up the phone. I pressed the button for my voice-mails

Ring, Ring

“Welcome to voice mail. You have one unheard message from Robert.”

His voice was the one that said Robert.

“Hey Laura I know you are probably very confused. I will explain if you just give me the chance. Your mom thinks I am out of town but I am not. I got scared after you went to bed and I got a hotel room on the south side of town. Listen I just need to talk to you, your mom thinks I am in LA or New York which means it will take her about a week to actually figure out I never left.

I am staying at the run down hotel called The Hilltop. I really want to see you and explain. I have had time to think about everything. I really need to speak to you because I am going crazy about what you must be thinking about me right now. I hope that you are at Kimi's because of your fucking mother. She's ruining everything right now with her ass. Please come see me or something. I am in room number 17 on the second floor up the stairs. I hope to see you or talk to you soon, bye Laura.”

“Press one to archive. Press two to send this message. Press three to delete this message.”


I pressed the button one on the keypad.

“This message will be saved for Five days.”

I pressed end on the button cutting off the phone. I fell back on the bed thinking about my options. I didn't know what to do. I was scared incredibly scared that he was playing with me. My heart couldn't take this humiliation from him anymore, any longer.

Suddenly my phone rang again and I looked at the screen again.

*Robert*

I sighed quickly answering it before I changed my mind. I wasn't going to say anything he could talk and listen to me breaths.

“Hello? Laura?”

I just breathed deeply letting him know I was there.

“Okay I can hear your breathing. Listen Laura please come see me. I need to see you, I need to explain and I can't do that on the phone. Please find some way to see me I don't care how long it takes just see me before your mom finds out I am still in town.

Now I want you press a button twice if you can try to see me. Press once if you don't think you can. I wish you would talk to me.”

I sighed. Maybe I could get Kimi's car and go see him. She might kill me though. I decided to at least try.

“I-I”

I heard his intake of breath at the sound of my voice. I swallowed trying to clear my throat and spoke again.

“I-I can t-try to get Kimi's car.”

“Alright that's good just try. That's all I ask for.”

I smiled a small smile.

“I'll try. Bye Robert.”

“Bye Laura.”

I could hear the smile in his voice as I hung up the phone. I stuffed my phone in my pocket and stood to my feet. I was scared beyond anything in my wildest dreams but I wanted to at least hear him out. I walked out of the room thinking about what to tell Kimi. She wasn't going to like this anymore than I was.

I couldn't hear the Television in the living room anymore. I walked through the living room into the kitchen. Kimi and her mom were at the table eating, talking and laughing about something.

“Kimi, can I talk to you for a minute?”

Kimi turned her head in my direction. She looked confused. I was aware of Jennifer looking at me weirdly.

“Sure Laura.”

Kimi could tell that this wasn't something to share with her mom. She stood from the table and grabbed my arm pulling me toward the hallway.

“What's up?”

She looked worried about me.

“Robert never left town. He called me twice. The first time he left a voice mail and I answered the second time. He's at the hilltop on the south side of town and he wants me to come see him. Mom as no idea he never left. I want to go to hear him out; it might be something different than I thought. It has to mean something that he called.”

Kimi's eyes bugged.

“So you need to borrow my car right?”

I gave her a guilty smile. She sighed and pulled her keys out of her pocket.

“Don't be gone longer than a couple of hours Laura. Mom is worried about you as well so try not to be gone too long. If you think you are going to be gone longer call and tell me something.”

She pulled her keys out of her pocket and dropped them in her hands.

“What are you telling your mom?”

She tapped her finger on her chin, “Well I could tell her you forgot something at home and you weren't hungry right now. You were taking something to the hospital for Alex. That sort of thing would take a couple of hours so no big deal. If he hurts you again be sure to tell him he's going to have to go through me, alright?”

She was dead serious as she met my gaze. I was so lucky to have a friend like her in my life. I enveloped her in a hug wrapping my arms around her almost cutting off her air supply.

“Thanks Kimi,” I said as I pulled away from her.

She gave me a smile and waved me off toward the front door. I ran toward the door and pulled the door open running toward her car. I hopped in the front seat and stuck the key in the ignition. The car quickly came to life and I changed gears heading toward the Hilltop Hotel.

***
The hotel was really rundown. There were cracks on side of the building. I pulled the car into a parking spot. I looked from side to side trying to steady my breathing, I felt like I was going to have a panic attack or something.

I finally felt okay enough to leave the safety of the car. I looked around and found a winding white stair case over at the side of the railing. I took a deep breath and walked toward the stairs. I was slow walking up them taking my own time. I was nervous beyond a shadow of a doubt; I didn't know what was going to happen.

I got to the top and walked down the walk away. I looked at the numbers on the doors. 25, 24,23,22,21,20,19,18.

I stopped before I got in the window of room seventeen. I sighed and took a deep breath inhaling. This was harder than I thought. Suddenly the door came open from room seventeen and a head came out of the room. I could tell it was Robert just by the hair on the head and the shades on the face. His head turned in my direction and I could tell his eyes locked on mine. He stood higher on his feet and walked out of his room a little bit.

His hand grabbed mine and pulled me toward him. Once my body was in his grasp he pulled me into his room. The room held a big bed on the middle of the room. There were end tables on the side of the beds next to the bed. A small black twenty inch TV sat in front of the bed on a small wooden end table.

I noticed an A/C in the window toward the back of the room to the left. I saw a door which I guessed lead to the bathroom. The other door must open to a small closet across from the bathroom.

Robert shut the door behind us and hugged me tight.

“I am so sorry.”

I inhaled his scent. He smelled like tobacco and cologne. I smiled in his chest as his grip tightened around me even more.

I began moving around letting him know to loosen his grip. He smiled down at me as he removed his arms. I walked around him and sat on the edge of the bed.

“Start talking.”

Just because I was more than glad to see him didn't mean I had forgotten my reason for being here. He had a lot of explaining to do.

He began scratching the back of his head in the way people do when they are nervous. He walked toward the closet and opened the door. I watched him pull out a white fold-able chair and walk back toward me.

He turned the TV off and sat the chair right in front of me. The A/C was on so it wasn't deadly quiet in the room. He ran his hands through his hair once he sat down in the chair.

“I don't think I have a good excuse for what I did. Things are just so fucked up right now, pardon my French. I got scared after I realized what I had done. Thoughts just evaded my brain at different speeds, I was afraid of what I had done. I mean you are of age so that's not the problem. Your mom is the problem.

I went back to the bedroom intent on just going to bed and sticking to what I had told you. As I was changing for bed your mom mumbled in her sleep. She said my name and then the words that came from her mouth scared the shit out of me.

I love you, Robert.

I was scared beyond anything in my life. She loves me and I don't return the feelings. I haven't since that night you and I spent together. I think that's when I started feeling something else for you. We played board games and just had a fun night together. It was something I hadn't had in a long time.

Anyway I got scared and like the coward I am I ran. I had every intention of calling you and telling you to come see me. Then your mom called and started trying to get me to come back. You came in the room apparently while she was on the phone, I didn't want her talking to you about all of this. I wanted to be the one to explain everything. She fucked it up after that and I knew you hated me so I gave a few hours to calm down and get alone.

I hoped and prayed the first time I called that you either in your room alone or with Kimi. She knows my feelings for you way before even I did. That dance was something else.

Your mom had picked out my entire outfit and I hated it. There wasn't anything cool about it and then I saw you. We met before we went inside and my insides were going crazy. I thought you look so unbelievably beautiful compare to everyone else.

Your mom never realized or seemed to notice that I kept an eye on you during the dance. I couldn't keep my eyes away from you. That guy dancing with you had no idea all the ways I thought of killing him just because he had his hands on you.

You came over once your sister took him away and I got nervous. No one has ever made me as nervous as you make me. Dancing with you had been the high light of my night in so many ways. I know for a fact I would have kissed you then if your mom hadn't showed up.”

My heart was beating a mile a minute. I didn't know what to do or think. He was saying so much and I didn't know what to believe or not to believe.

“What about you and mom having sex before you kissed me?”

He blew out a breath of air, “How did you know?”

“Well obviously mom didn't tell me. She was talking to someone on the phone and told them about. She seemed to think you got scared of commitment and ran off from her.”

He stood to his feet and walked over to the end table with the lamp on top. I watched him pick up a carton of cigarettes and pull one out of the pack. He grabbed a lighter and walked back toward me. He past the chair and went to the door. He pulled the door opened and left it like that as he put the cancer stick to his lips.

I watched as he lit the stick and took a drag from it. He flicked the ashes and then came to the chair. He was leaving the door open because of the smoke detector in the room.

“Your mom wanted to, I didn't.”

He grabbed an ash tray from the table holding the TV. He took another drag and then sat it on the tray.

He sighed, “She kept saying that I was blowing her off. I knew every time she wanted to I would complain of being way too tired even if I wasn't. She was getting upset and plus there was something I needed to know. I had this doubt in the back of my mind that maybe what I was feeling toward you was something along the lines of your blessing. I mean you are your mother's child and it could have been that simple.

So slept with her. During the entire thing though I thought about you. I thought about your smile, your laugh, even your angry face or embarrassed face, and then I remembered your tears after your mom had interrupted us at the dance. Your mom never noticed how I got turned off suddenly. I pretend to enjoy it when my mind was elsewhere.

Once it was over she went for a bath and I got dressed back in the tux. I knew then that what I felt for you was something more than just your being my girlfriend's daughter. I left the mask off and as I was walking out your mom got into bed and I help her.

I didn't really know what to do at that time. So I just left her in bed as she fell asleep. I heard the front door opened and I figured it was either you or Sarah. I had promised your mom before she fell asleep to make sure you came home and to turn out the lights in the house.

I had turned off all the lights thinking that the person that came in went to their room. I was turning out the light from the seating room when heard footsteps. I thought at first it was a burglar and I so went to investigate. Then there was a light that shown in the house through the window. I had seen that it was you coming from the kitchen. You were just so beautiful, even more with the cap thing off and the shoes off your feet.

I couldn't stop myself before I got to you. I could tell you were shocked by my actions but you didn't push me off. I took that in stride and just kept on. You smiled this smile I had never seen before when you left, I was on cloud nine. Then of course you mom had said all that and here we are.”

During his speech he kept taking drags from the cigarette. I could tell that this was a nervous habit. It seemed most people that started smoking used it as a stress reliever. I just hope I never start smoking that would be a very bad idea.

I dabbed the cigarette in the ash tray since it was done. He sat the tray back on the table and stood to his feet. I looked down at my watch and found I had been here thirty minutes. I sighed as he sat back down from closing the door.

“So Robert what happens now? Between us and you and my mom.”

He sighed and looked me in the eyes.

“Well I want to try to have a relationship with you. The only thing is we are going to have to go behind your mother's back. I don't want you in the spotlight of my life right now. I don't want that for you and that's one thing your mom has done right. She has kept her family out of the spotlight for their safety. I want to date you first and then we will see if that's what you want later.

After we have been dating behind your mother's back for a while then I will tell her. I don't want to hurt her if we don't work or something.”

This smile came over my face. I couldn't help feeling so happy, it was incredible. Robert's lips curved in a smile that must have mirrored mine. He stood to his feet and his hands cupped my face.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach and my heart began beating even more than before if that's even possible. His lips met mine in a sweet kiss. I felt him move toward the bed even more. I giggled against his lips and he smirked.

Suddenly his knees were on the bed and he pushed me back. I gasped and he took my lips back once again. I felt his teeth suddenly nibble on my bottom lip and I gladly let him in. We made out for a few minutes before we pulled back gasping for air.

He pulled me back toward the bed and just held me. I felt safe knowing that I got the man I was one hundred percent in love with. I just hope that mom doesn't ruin it for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well just to clear things up yes they are some what together. They just have to sneak around of course. I hope everyone likes them together now, I just couldn't drag it out any longer. Now don't think I forgot about Ben or Alex the story just took a turn.

Laura's Lounge Clothes:http://www.polyvore.com/laura_sleepover/set?id=40114496&lid=258026

Kimi:http://www.polyvore.com/kimi_pickingn_up_laura/set?id=40139226&lid=258026

Molly and her luggage:http://www.polyvore.com/molly_leaving/set?id=40112406&lid=258026

Jennifer (Kimi's Mom): http://www.polyvore.com/kimis_mom/set?id=40139842&lid=258026

Copy and paste links.

Well I surely hope everyone likes this chapter and the whole direction of the story.

Anyway,

REMEMBER COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE & TELL A FRIEND.