‹ Prequel: A Part Of Me

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 1

Broden POV

“Mommy, mommy, mommy” That is what I woke up to; Blake’s little voice calling out for me over and over again. I didn’t want to wake up because I was comfortable lying in Max’s arms; as I eyes my eyes I felt Max’s arms tighten around my waist as he too heard our daughter’s voice. I rolled over in Max’s arms and looked at the alarm clock; I signed quietly as I saw it was 5:30 AM.

“Blake, what’s wrong? Why are you awake this early?” I asked as I leaned up on my elbow; my eyes landed on my daughter who was still in her fairy pajamas, her little beds were gripping the edge of the bed as her big brown eyes locked onto mine.

“Can we go get Uncle Ronnie now?” Blake asked hopefully; Ronnie is all she and Phoenix talks about right now, they both can’t wait to meet him. I would have taken Blake to the prison with me when I visited my brother; but Lex didn’t think taking the girls to a prison was a good idea, and of coarse Max agreed.

“It’s to early to go get Uncle Ronnie; besides Uncle Ronnie won’t even be awake yet, he won’t be ready for us if we go now” I told Blake as I helped her climb into my bed; she was soon pouting as I laid her in between Max and I, the pout that she got from me.

“But Uncle Robert told me that if we went early then Uncle Ronnie could come home” Blake pouted as Max wrapped his arms around both of us; I smiled when I saw Blake snuggle into her father’s warm body.

“Don’t listen to Uncle Robert baby; now let’s go back to sleep” Max said as he kissed the top of Blake’s head; soon the three of us were fast asleep once again.

After a few more hours of sleep I woke up and found Blake gently tracing Max’s tattoos; something that I always do. As I climbed out of bed I noticed Blake following me; Max watched us as we both walked into our bathroom. I placed Blake up on the counter as I got her toothbrush ready; she must have left it in her last night when Max got her ready for bed. Once we both finished brushing our teeth and flossing; I helped Blake undress and then we both had a shower together.

Once we were dried off I did my hair and makeup with Blake watching me; once I was finished Blake ran back into the bedroom. I smiled when I heard Blake squealing and laughing; meaning Max got her. I walked over to the closet just as Max walked out into the hallway with Blake over his shoulder; I got dressed and headed to the kitchen. I made some bacon, eggs and toast for Max and I with a coffee; then I got Blake some toast with peanut butter and a glass of orange juice.

Once everyone had finished breakfast Alexis and Phoenix arrived; the girls ran into the living room and started watching Scooby Doo. I could tell Lex was nervous but excited about Ronnie coming home; she made herself a cup of coffee as Max said goodbye to the girls, he didn’t think it would be a good idea to be here when Ronnie came. Max and Ronnie still weren’t really talking yet; neither was Ronnie and Craig, I thought it was stupid but that’s guys for you.

Max kissed me, told me he would be at Craig’s house and that he would be back later. After a few hours of Lex and I talking about the wedding it was finally time to go get Ronnie; the plan was that Blake and I get Ronnie, take him out for lunch and then come home. Alexis and Phoenix were going to stay here, have some lunch and then just wait of us to get back. I picked Blake up in my arms and placed her on my hip with my arm under her bum; I kissed Phoenix’s forehead as she waved us off from the doorway.

Once I parked my car in the prison car park I again placed Blake on my hip; we went through security without a problem, well apart from Blake wanting to see the guard’s shiny handcuffs. But that only got a laugh from all the guard’s and they let Blake hold the handcuffs too. We were placed in a different room which I suppose was for the released prisoners; as we were waiting I let Blake play with a Barbie doll that I brought just in case she got bored. She was busy playing when I saw Ronnie walk through the door; I felt a big smile form on my lips and my face light up as I saw him.

He was wearing the clothes that I sent him, he wasn’t wearing anything jail related, his black hair was a bit shorter but still messy, and he looked great. I was quiet to make my way over to him; I threw myself into his open arms and hugged him tight to my body. Ronnie wrapped his arms tightly around my waist and lifted me off of the ground; I blinked back my tears as Ronnie kept whispering how much he loved and miss me into my ear. After our little reunion I felt someone wrap their little arms around my leg; I looked down to see Blake staring up at me.

“Blake this is your Uncle Ronnie, Ron this is your niece Blake” I introduced my daughter to my big brother; I watched as Ronnie squatted in front of Blake making him her height. Before Ronnie could even open his mouth to speak Blake threw her little arms around his waist; Ronnie’s smile grew bigger as he stood up with Blake in his arms.

Once Ronnie was free to leave we walked over to my car and climbed in; Ronnie commented on how I still have the same car after 4 years. Soon I was driving away from the prison and I could tell Ronnie was relaxing; for lunch we stopped at a little café that Blake picked out. Ronnie lifted Blake into his strong tattooed arms as we walked into the café; I was glad to see that my daughter and brother were getting along straight away.

Throughout lunch Ronnie and I caught up on everything that had happened while he was in jail; and there was a lot to tell him too. Blake even told Ronnie about her last birthday party that he missed; but Ronnie didn’t seem to mind listening to her, he actually looked so happy and proud. Once we all finished lunch I paid the bill and we left; Ronnie was again holding Blake as she traced his neck tattoo. Once we were all in the car and Blake was safely buckled in I started to drive towards home; Ronnie was enjoying himself with looking out the window.

Once I parked my car in the garage; I got Blake out and let her walk this time, she ran into the house with me calling out for her to be careful. Both Phoenix and Blake are hyper kids; but I guess that comes with being a Radke, both Ronnie and I were the same when we were younger.

“Grandpa” I heard Blake squeal as she ran into the living room; as Ronnie and I walked into the living room I saw Lex, Phoenix and Dad standing there.

Ronnie placed his bags on the ground as Dad placed Blake on the ground; as Dad and Ronnie hugged Blake ran over to me so I lifted her up into my arms. Ronnie then turned to Alexis who was starting to tear up; Lex wrapped her arms around Ronnie who held her tight to his body. Dad guided me into the kitchen so Ronnie, Alexis and Phoenix could have some time alone.

“I like Uncle Ronnie, Mommy” Blake told me; she had her stunning smile on her lips, the smile that you couldn’t say no to.

“I know you do princess, finally he’ll be in our lives again” I said before pressing my lips onto her forehead.

I was just hoping that Ronnie could finally get his act together and stay sober from now on; he has a family to look after now and he has a lot of catching up to do. He’s missed so much of Phoenix and Alexis’ life; also he’s missed a lot of Blake’s and mine life. Hopefully he can see just how much he’s missed and keep clean; I don’t know if I could keep going if Ronnie left me again. And I know that would hurt Alexis, Phoenix and Blake; Ronnie has a good life here now, I know he won’t mess that up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alexis & Broden Outfits

Phoenix & Blake Outfits

Alright first chapter for the sequel, comment and tell me what you think!