Status: slowly active O:

Romance and Regrets

DOS

“I am going to kill you!” I hollered at Noah once I was in the kitchen.

Noah, being mentally insane and all, burst out into hysterics.

“This isn't funny,” I snarled as I punched him in his chest.

He grabbed my hands to stop further damage to his body. “I didn’t do anything.”

“Exactly,” I snarled again.

‘What did you want me to do, Kindle? Throw him out?” he questioned, letting go of my hands.

“Yes!” I exclaimed, throwing my now free hands in the air. “Why didn’t you think of that earlier?”

“He’s a paying customer, Kin. He has just as much right to be here as you and I,” Noah tried to explain.

“Not really. We’re the owners so we have more right to be here than anyone else does,” I made clear. “Now, please tell me what the lead singer of The Maine, my ex-boyfriend, is doing in our café?”

Noah shrugged his slender shoulders. “He was looking for you.”

I threw my hand over my face and moaned, “I was afraid of that.”

“Just go talk to him. See what he wants. The guy’s crazy for you, Kindle.”

“Well, that’s not sappy!” I leered as I stormed out of the kitchen.

John still sat at table three with annoying smirk on his face. I wanted to march right over there and smack it off his face. But I resisted the urge. He was writing in a worn composition note book, no doubt writing a new hit song.

As much as I hated to admit it, he looked downright adorable. For as long as I've known him, he’d always been all about his music. Something that I admired greatly, since I was a musician myself.

I don’t know what came over me, but the next thing I knew I was walking over to John, sitting down in the chair across from him and saying, “Nothing would ever keep you from writing, would it?”

He looked up at me, almost startled. “Nope; nothing.”

Just the sound of his voice made me tense up. “Your dedication is commendable.”

“Those are big words, Kindle,” he teased, putting his pencil down and sipping his black coffee.

I lacked a response, so we just sat there in silence for awhile. Which wasn’t awkward at all. Not. I don’t think I've ever experienced something so uncomfortable in my life. Not even that time I walked in on Noah and Paige getting down was as awkward as this. Oh, great. Now I have to get those images out of my mind.

Suddenly, I asked, “Why’re you here John?”

This question didn’t seem to affect John in the least bit. All he did was: lean back in his chair, chuckle noiselessly and drink some more of his coffee. And all that did to me was: piss me off.

“Nice answer,” I muttered, folding my arms across my chest.

He let out a light sigh, “You know exactly why I'm here, Kindle.”

I shook my head. “Nope, haven’t got a clue.”

“Liar, liar,” he said in a sing-song voice.

I narrowed my eyes at him. “Just go, John.”

“No, Kindle. I won’t go until I see her,” he stressed.

“See who, John?” I questioned, even though I knew exactly how he was talking about.

He leaned closer and fixed his hazel pools on mine. “Our daughter.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ohmy o.o

comments?