My Heart Is Yours

Maybe Tonight I Can Breathe For a While

Max’s pov

I couldn’t express how fucking happy I was right now. Wens and I had been curled up on the back couch together for the last hour or so. She’d gotten up twice to check that our daughter was still sleeping soundly before returning to my arms and granting me with a kiss.

“So tell me more about Lily,” I said, nuzzling into her shoulder and gripping her waist tighter. We were lying on the couch, her in front of me as I held onto her.

“Like what?”

“What’s her name?” She laughed at that, twisting around in my arms to give me an amused smirk. “I mean her full name.”

“Lily Noelle Green,” she said like it was the most simple thing in the world.

Wait. What was that? Lily Noelle Green? As in…my last name? I blinked, furrowing my brows in confusion as she smirked, blushed and then turned all the way around to nuzzle into my chest.

“I mean, Lily Lee just sounded retarded. And I was still…well… You’re on her birth certificate and everything…it was just easier.” she sounded embarrassed by the fact and I grinned as I tilted my head to peck her temple, squeezing her lightly. I couldn’t believe she’d claimed me as the father even if I was a total dick the last time I saw her.

“I am so fucking sorry, Wednesday. You have no idea…” I muttered to her. I pulled away slightly, cupping her face in one hand as I pressed my forehead against hers. She leaned into my hand and looked like she was about to say something before she yawned and sighed, closing her pretty eyes to the world.

“Don’t be sorry, Max. Things happen for a reason. Just…don’t let it happen again and we can do this no problem…” she muttered.

“That won’t be hard at all. I can promise you and mean it this time. I swear.” She sighed and smiled at me, keeping her eyes shut. She seemed tired. My assumptions with that were only justified when she yawned once more and sighed as she curled into me. “Tired?” I asked her and she nodded, keeping silent still.

“It’s been a really long few days…” she supplied, moving to curl into my chest even more than I thought possible at this point. I grinned, kissing the top of her head before I moved to sit up.

“Come on, you can stay in my bunk tonight,” I told her, smiling down at her as she peeled back an eyelid and smiled at me. She shook her head before curling back into the couch.

“I don’t wanna move, though… You were comfy…”

“My bed is more comfy. Trust me when I say that your back will hurt like a bitch tomorrow if you sleep on this couch.” Wendy smirked at that and then, reluctantly, sat up with me. She rested her head on her my shoulder for a few brief seconds before standing up and yawning.

I grinned and followed suit, wrapping my arms around her waist and walking behind her as we walked into the bunk hall. I could still hear chatter coming from the front of the bus, but I noticed that there were a couple of bunk curtains now closed for the night. Wendy had us stop to check on Lily briefly before letting me lead her to the bunk catty-cornered to that one.

We crawled into it, me on the inner half and Wendy on the outer. She said she’d be up early and if Lily needed her it would be easier than waking me up. I wouldn’t be able to express how good it felt to have her in my arms again after all these years.

Wednesday closed the curtain most of the way, leaving a little slit of an opening for one reason or another before she curled into my chest once more. I held her tightly, resting my chin on the top of her head as I stared up at the ceiling of my bunk. “I love you, Wendy…” I told her, squeezing her once more quietly.

“I love you too, Max.”

The next few minutes were spent in silence before Wednesday sighed and pulled away, frowning over at me. “What?”

“Now I’m not tired…” she muttered, frowning and scrunching up her face a bit. I smirked and pulled her closer to me, away from the edge of the bunk. We were on the bottom, so it wasn’t like it was that big of a deal if she fell out, but I still didn’t want her to have the possibility of that happening. I’d offered to sleep on the edge of the bed, but no. That couldn’t happen, could it?

She leaned up and kissed me for a few moments before pulling away. Her mouth opened, as if she was going to say something, before a loud burst of laughter came from the main room and her face turned into anger. She rolled away from me, sticking her head out to glare into the living room before looking back at where Lily was sleeping.

----

Wednesday’s pov

It would figure that, as soon as I was with someone that I was pretty sure I would be able to sleep well with, I couldn’t get to sleep. Granted, I wasn’t exactly trying very hard to do so because I was really just too happy with where I was to try to go to sleep, but still. I hadn’t slept well the last few nights because of the fact that I’ve been alone and trying to sort through everything.

So the prospect of me not getting any sleep because I was curled into Max’s side wasn’t very appealing to me right now. I guess I was just too excited about how right it felt to be where I was right now, but oh well. Could you really blame me? I was finally right where I belonged the entire time. I was pretty effing happy right now and damn excited about the future that would, hopefully, be pretty damn bright and cheery.

The peal of loud and obnoxious laughter that had just come from the front of the bus didn’t help with my going to sleep. Growling slightly, I rolled over and stuck my head out of the curtain, glaring into the living room before I turned my head to look back at Lily’s bunk. I prayed that she stayed sleeping. Because if it ended up that she woke up and I had to go leave Max to comfort her and get her back to sleep, I’d kill someone. Because I would probably end up staying in that bunk for the night and not being able to stay with Max.

It would figure that it was just my luck that would happen…

My little girl’s feet were the first things that stuck out of the bed and I sighed, frowning and hanging my head before crawling out of the bunk. Max whined something and tried to grab at me, but I swatted away his hands. “Lily,” I muttered to him under my breath before I crawled my way over to the bunk, sitting outside it on my knees as the rest of my little girl’s body appeared. She smiled groggily when she saw me.

“Mama…” she murmured groggily, throwing her arms lazily around my neck and then falling into my chest. I smiled and nuzzled her against my chest, looking back towards where Max was laying. He was sticking his head out and watching us quietly.

“Can you sleep with me?” Lily muttered in my ear quiet enough for just me to hear. I tore my gaze away from Max to look at my daughter and kissed her forehead.

“Why, sweetie? You’ll be okay. I’m just right there with Maxie.” She shook her head at me and brought a hand away from around my neck to pick at her lower lip. She’d gotten that from me and it wasn’t really a habit that I’d wanted her to pick up. But here she was, doing it…

“I wanna sleep with you…” she whined, slightly louder. I sighed and looked back to where Max had been and I had to resist the urge to jump and run away. Because, somehow, that man had been a ninja and moved to crouch slightly behind me in the short span of time that I’d had my attention on…our daughter. I understood how he could have snuck his way over here, because I was generally pretty enthralled with Lily when it got down to having my attention on her, but still… I just…it wasn’t what I was expecting in the least…

“It’ll be a tight squeeze with all three of us in a bunk. We can do it, though,” he said, smiling. I smirked, raising a brow at him as Lily nuzzled into my chest and I wrapped my arms around her tighter.

“You sure, Max? You don’t have to sacrifice being able to sleep or anything.” He wrapped his arms around both Lily and I and kissed my shoulder, something that I had missed about him more than anything in the world.

“Are you kidding me? I wouldn’t be able to sleep anyway if you and Lily were over here away from me.” He smiled at me happily and I smiled back at him before yawning and shrugging.

“Okay…” I said, a little reluctant to have all three of us stuffed in one bunk. They were thick and Lily and I didn’t exactly take up a whole lot of space, but that didn’t mean that it wouldn’t be a tight squeeze.

I stood with Lily still in my arms and walked the few feet to Max’s bunk. Someone that sounded like Craig was grumbling in his sleep and I had to keep myself from laughing as I waited for Max to crawl back into the bunk. There were lights still on in the main room and I wondered who was awake as I lay Lily down next to Max. She watched as I climbed in after them and then closed the curtain fully, wrapping my arms around my daughter and holding her to my chest quietly. She yawned before curling into my chest.

I was surprised by how…spacious this bunk was. It didn’t seem like it could hold all three of us, but apparently it could because here we were. Max leaned over Lily to press his lips to mine, his arms winding around to wrap around the two of us. I smiled and kissed him back, finding myself guilty for wishing that Lily hadn’t woken up…

I pulled away and smiled up at Max quietly. He grinned back and leaned in for another brief kiss before nestling into the pillows. I sighed and yawned before I closed my eyes and let the beginnings of sleep overtake me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry for this taking so long you guys. AP Art History is really kicking my ass with how much homework we have and everything... xP I'll get more used to it, but I spent all weekend working on it rather than this like I would have preferred. But hey, I finally got a longer chapter out for you guys! I know it's not the best, but hopefully you like it. xP

Thanks everyone for all your well-wishes on my wrist. It's all better now and you guys made me feel awesome. <3 We have a snow day today, so I'm probably going to be working on this quite a bit over the course of the day because I didn't have any homework yesterday. Yay! xD

As always, your comments are awesome and same with the subscribers. I've got 7 stars on this now and you guys just make me feel so amazing. <333

Comment / subscribe for me, please? Thank you! ^^

The title for this chapter comes from the song "Feeling This" by Blink 182.