‹ Prequel: It's Not A Love Song

Was I The Only One?

If I gave you a chance to make things right

Luckily for me all the fans had been let in and I could hear the support act on from outside the venue so I made my way to the back of the venue where one of the guys who worked on the Jonas tour was on the gates along with some other venue security.

“Sorry, ma’am you can’t come past here.” One of the guards said, stopping me.

“Gavin!” I shouted loudly, “one of the venue guards won’t let me past.”

Gavin looked over to me and grinned, “Let her through!” He shouted.

The man put his arms down and I ran towards the entrance, Gavin hooked a pass around my neck and gave me a high five. “Nice to see you’re on this tour.”

“Glad to be back at work.” Gavin smiled letting me past. “See you later.”

“Bye dude!” I yelled running through the slightly familiar corridors.

I passed some recognisable and unrecognisable faces, but no one was paying much attention to me as I scurried through the corridors looking for Nick’s dressing room. I didn’t even take time to look at the pictures of all the artists that had played in this venue though I was very curious. My phone was ringing my purse that was thumping against my thigh as I ran, but I ignored it.

But eventually when I reached the white door with ‘Nick Jonas’ on it, I didn’t want to go in. I could hear everyone talking inside, no doubt it would be filled with all the Jonas family especially their grandparents who I knew loved me but I didn’t know how they would feel about me now. And their parents too, it would be awkward after me deciding to decline their offer to spend Christmas and New Year with them but instead go to their son’s ex girlfriend’s home.

Then I remembered another factor, the supposed ‘leaked pictures’ that I hadn’t even seen yet. They could be minor, like us two goofing around, or they could cause some drama, like the ones of us kissing in bed. Even in those it’s not like we’re naked but they have a young audience… things like this needed to be taken into consideration.

I knew I had to go in eventually, or else they’d come outside and see me stood in the corridor like a loser. I raised my fist to the door and knocked against it, I listened as everyone stopped talking so I knocked again. I wiped my clammy hands on my skirt and let out a long breath that was cut short as the door opened.

It was Denise. Her eyes lit up as she saw me, “Nicholas…”

She pushed the door so that it swung open, suddenly there was several pairs of eyes on me.

“Hey.” I waved anxiously, most were smiling except Joe who just looked at me blankly. I cleared my throat. “Sorry I’m late, I got… caught up.”

Nick stood up and jogged over to me, he gave me a tight hug. “I knew you’d come, thank you.” He whispered.

“I wouldn’t miss it.” I told him with a smile.

I went around and greeted everyone. It seemed all the Jonas family had come out for the occasion, the Grandparents were here, the brothers, Danielle, and Aunts, Uncles and cousins were there too. Seeing everyone was nice, it seemed normal. My mom looked very happy that I was there and smiled joyously as I chatted to Emma and Denise.

Denise said how Christmas felt strange without me and Emma was teasing me as per usual. Joe sat talking to Chelsea Staub who had came out for the show, I didn’t want to go over there and say hi while they were mid conversation so I left it.

I frowned as I noticed that Emma, Chelsea, Joe and a few others were all dressed in some form of Nick Jonas and the Administration merchandise. Soon after I had came everyone left Nick to go with his band as they were on stage in 30 minutes, we headed to the VIP lounge near the VIP area on the balcony. I walked with Emma who seemed to have drunk over 10 red bulls as everything that came out of her mouth was rushed and high pitched. She claimed it was just excitement for Nick though, I didn’t doubt that it was I just think the red bulls added to the hyperness.

While I sat with Emma listening to her talk to Grandma Jonas I announced, “I’m just going to get a merch shirt.”

I got a quick mumble from the two of them that they had heard me, I just shook my head and strolled out of the lounge. I followed the signs towards the lobby and eventually managed to find it, a few girls gasped and screamed as they spotted me but I just kept on walking towards the small merch booth. The guys working it recognised me and let me behind the stall where I picked out a white shirt, they gave me my size and I scurried back out from behind the booth.

Once I’d made it to the doors where security was I took the time to take some pictures with girls who had stalked me from the booth to the doors, they were all very nice to me though. I spent a good ten minutes chatting with them before I slid off to the bathroom to change shirts.

It made me smile to wear Nick’s shirt but I was still nervous to re enter the room of family. But I did get a shock when I came to the top of the stairs.

Joe was stood, resting on one leg against the wall looking down at his phone screen. He obviously heard me coming and turned to see who it was. I offered him a nervous smile which he returned.

“How did they leak?” I questioned randomly, he just looked at me. “Paparazzi asked me about some pictures or something, I haven’t been on the internet so I don’t know which ones they are.”

Joe moved upright to face me, “Urm, someone hacked into my phone.” I was smiling inside that he still kept the pictures of us on his phone. “Don’t worry though, it’s going to get sorted.”

I nodded, “Okay, well…”

“Where were you tonight then?” Joe asked, his voice jumping a bit.

“I was on a date…” he looked at me, waiting for me to continue, “with James.”

Joe’s eyed widened in shock, his eyes held a mix of anger and sadness. “Why?”

I shrugged, “Everyone deserves a second chance. But, he was a douche anyway. He just talked about himself.” Joe smiled at that one, “And made me pay for the tab.”

“That’s not good. Urm, do you want me to give you the money---” He went to reach inside his pocket.

“You want to pay for my date?” I chuckled shaking my head, “Joe, its fine.”

He smiled at me, a soft smile, one that I’d missed. “You say everyone deserves a second chance…”

I sighed. “You’ve had chances Joe… the flirting with Miley, then the flirting with Amelia, then your date with Emma, then you cheated on me.” I listed, it hardly hurt anymore to talk about it because I always felt hurt, but it was now just a numbing feeling.

Joe just looked at me and I looked at him. “Maybe after this we could talk… about everything.” He said sharply. “Please?”

“Where do you want to go?” I pondered unfolding my arms.

His eyes shone just that bit brighter. “I bought a small townhouse condo thing.”

“Oh you did?” I was surprised. No one told me.

“Yeah, it’s pretty sweet.” He smirked making me giggle, “Did you drive here?” I nodded, “Well, I’ll drive your car there?”

I didn’t even think about it, I immediately agreed. “Yeah, sure.” I smiled at him brightly then cleared my throat, “Maybe we should go in, he’ll be on soon.”

“Yeah, that would be a decent idea.” He commented with his lips pouted as he nodded his head. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

Joe opened the door for me and bowed as I walked past him. As soon as we came into sight the girls that were already in the balcony area, flashes went off like it was a red carpet. It was a good job I wasn’t epileptic! The flashes didn’t calm down for a while, except when Nick came on stage then the majority of them were aimed at him.

There was a completely different atmosphere at this show than a Jonas Brothers show, but it was still a Jonas fan atmosphere which was welcoming and loving. I sang along to every word of Nick’s songs, Emma was jumping around like a crazy lunatic. Every few seconds she would tell me how amazing he was doing and how confident he looked, she also took about 10,000 pictures. It was cute though. Half way through Joe placed his cowboy hat on my head, the gesture made me laugh loudly and Nick even had a little giggle while doing a guitar solo as he looked up to us.

After the show everyone hung out with Nick and the Administration in his dressing room for about an hour, we all complimented him while he was mentally running through things he needed to change and do. He was annoyed that he forgot the lyrics to ‘Fireflies’ but soon forgot about that as we bombarded him with love.

Joe and I were exchanging looks after around 45 minutes, we needed to escape from here and get going. I was ready and so was he, so at the appropriate time Joe stood up. We waited until his grandparents had gone as well as Chelsea and Selena, so that it was just family left in the room

“Well, Julia is going to drive me home so were going to get off.” Joe announced picking up his leather jacket from the arm of the sofa.

Everyone looked at us with smug looks on their faces and watched as I stood up. I didn’t even look at Emma, her face would be the most annoying and smug face ever to exist.

“Okay sweetie.” Denise smiled knowingly at him, he smiled back and gave her a sweet kiss.

“Bye everyone.” I said with a forced smile and a little wave.

I quickly turned my back on the staring faces and headed out of the room, with Joe following behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the comments on the last chapter. I apologise for this being late but I'm in the midst of AS exams and just had my history today. FAIL. So I'm cheering myself up by posting this update and writing some more! :D

So, leave me a comment and make me smile like this -----> :D

QOTC: Do you have a phrase that you say all the time?

I have loads! I tend to add 'and stuff and things' on the end of everything and I always say 'as the actress said to the bishop' whenever there is a sexual innuendo. Example of today;

Demi: "I hate this locker key. It's so hard to get in the hole!"

Me: "As the actress said to the bishop."

/youdontcaresoimgoingtoshutup