‹ Prequel: It's Not A Love Song

Was I The Only One?

I'm just following the road

That night I fulfilled what I said I was going to do and went to the gym for a late night fitness work out. Though I wasn’t really in the mood for running on a treadmill and getting all sweaty I knew that I had to do it. I went to the gym that I had used since I started living in Los Angeles but it never once crossed my mind that there was a chance of Emma being there.

So you can imagine my surprise when I step into the baron women’s section of the gym to see Emma running on a treadmill as if she were being chased by a rapist.

I stood at the door in shock, she hadn’t noticed me but when she did it wasn’t very good. She tripped over her feet and fell on the treadmill that threw her to the floor behind it. I gasped and ran over to her huddled body.

“Are you alive?” I asked her, pushing her onto her back. She had her face scrunched up and her eyes shut tightly.

“I think so, maybe…” Emma croaked out, “Stupid treadmill.” I chuckled involuntarily then shook my head. “How’ve you been?”

I shrugged, “Better.”

I sat down next to her and crossed my legs, “Do I really need to say it?”

“Yeah, I know you’re sorry.” I mumbled, “So is everyone else.”

“Can’t we just forget it?” Emma suggested, “Please?”

I sat in silence. Did she deserve a chance? She was my best friend and someone who I loved to be around, she brightened most people’s days and made me laugh a lot. Up until that point I’d trusted her with my life and she had always been on my side. Though it would be hard to trust her now, I did want her in my life. But I knew it wasn’t the right thing to do. I’d lost more than her, but she’d lost a hell of a lot too.

I just shook my head and said, “So, what have you been up too?”

The two of us then sat on the floor of that gym for two hours discussing what we’d missed and bitching about pathetic things just like we had done months ago before life came along. I made sure that Emma knew she wasn’t forgiven when I decided it was time to leave, just because we’d had a talk on the floor of a gym didn’t mean she was out of the dog house. I was still very much so filled with hatred for her, but everyone makes mistakes and… maybe my mom was right, maybe it is time that I start to forgive again?

All I knew for sure was that my mind was all mixed up and confused, so I didn’t sleep too well that night but it was okay because I didn’t have much to be doing for the next day anyway apart from meeting up with Nathan for lunch. I dressed in a lovely deep navy coloured dress with a gold zip in the middle of the dress that went all up the front, it was very ‘in’ at the moment. I paired it with some gladiator sandals; today was very sunny in California and I planned to take advantage of it, rain seemed to be here all the time.

As I drove to meet Nathan at Clementine I thought about my time with Joe. It didn’t slip my notice how agitated Joe became once I’d finished talking to Nathan on the phone and especially when he discovered I would be going to lunch with him.

When I arrived he was already there and apparently he had ordered for me, he got me exactly what I wanted; a tuna melt.

“Oh my gosh, I’m starving, thanks for ordering!” I exclaimed, sitting myself down opposite him inside the café. I noted some high tech cameras were lingering around a few tables “What’s with the cameras?”

“Oh, those Kardashian’s are here.”

I contained my excitement quite well and just tucked into my tuna melt, but the truth was I was flipping my shit inside. Plus, I’d had a big celebrity crush on Rob for a long time.

I tried to focus on Nathan’s story about his skateboarding session but I was a bit too nosey and watched what was happening behind him. I jumped from fear inside when Kim seemed to catch me looking at her, I could feel my face flushing red and looked down to my plate.

“That’s what you get for staring.” Nathan sang capturing his straw in his mouth.

I giggled and kicked his shin under the table. “Yeah, that’s what I get.”

I had an okay time with Nathan, he didn’t have much to talk about and neither did I so it was kind of awkward trying to force conversation, I was kind of relieved to get away from him. Because of how lovely the day was I parked quite a distance from the small café so I enjoyed my stroll in the sun.

Well I did until I got closer to my car and there were a few paparazzi. I just ignored them and continued to walk.

I felt someone tap me on the shoulder from behind, I spun around to see a tall boy with the tan the colour of cheesy Doritos, I pulled out my ear buds. “Hi.”

“Hey, so, you’re hot.” I rolled my eyes and he looked at my iPod. “Music, cool, what music do you like?”

“Jonas Brothers.” I replied, showing him that I was listening to ‘7:05.’

“Oh, those fags.”

The paparazzi around me all went ‘oooh’ in unison and one man came closer with his video camera. “Wow, it’s actually sad how intimidated you pea brained people are of them.”

The boy was definitely turned off by my attitude. “I’m not intimi—”

“And the fact you judged me by that one fact says a lot more about you than it does about me.” I turned my back on him and began to walk away, then I stopped. “One more thing.”

I spun around and walked up to him then slapped him across the face. He smirked at me, “You slap like a pussy.”

I smiled at him innocently, then swung back and punched him dead between his eyes with all the force I could muster. And while he was momentarily dazed I brought my knee sharply up and smashed it into his privates. His face went a deep shape of pink and he crumpled to the floor. I watched as he rolled about in pain then crouched down to where his contorted face was.

“Oh, and just a little tip, don’t try and act cool. Doesn’t work very well,” I looked him up and down “…obviously.” I tapped him across the cheek with my hand gently then stood upright again.

“That was awesome!” One pap shouted.

I grinned all the way back to my car and drove home with the biggest smirk on my face. I soon realised as I was driving that I was going to pass a Jamba Juice so I pulled into a parking space and headed inside.

I strolled up to the counter with a smile, “What can we get you?”

“Urm, a mega mango and a strawberry whirl please.” I said with a smile.

I pulled out my blackberry and opened twitter. I stared at all my @replies in confusion.

“Nice day isn’t it?”

Then I realised, “Oh my gosh! How the!” I shouted. It had already gotten out that I punched that boy, how does it get out that quickly! It took me a few moments to snap out of my mind and realise I just shouted to a poor woman making me a smoothie. “Sorry.”

“It’s fine, we’re in L.A honey.”

I chuckled and handed her some money for the cups that were waiting for me on the counter top. “Thank you! Sorry for being weird!” I yelled as I left.

I heard her chuckle behind me as the door shut, I walked with a brisk pace over to my car and jumped inside being careful not to spill the drinks which I put into the handy cup holder; it was a bit of a squeeze though.

Juliharrr I’m about to bring someone a lovely Jamba Juice. :)

Juliharrr P.S Yes, I know it’s already out. And yes, be a complete douchelord and you will get punched.

I parked my car next to Joe’s on his drive way then collected my belongings and made my way to his front door.

I rasped my knuckles against the door, I watched the door fly open and flinched after Joe took a picture of me on his Polaroid camera. “You were expecting me?”

Joe nodded taking the drink I held out to him, “Yep, thank you.”

I walked inside the house and took a good look at him, my heart jumped into my throat and I began to sweat a bit; he was waltzing around in only his boxers. He smirked as he watched me try and compose myself.

“So, you knew I was coming but didn’t get dressed?” I questioned, hooking my finger on the waist band of his boxers. I pulled the fabric away from his sculpted body then let it twang back in place.

He shook his head with a cute devilish smile, “Nope, too busy playing with myself.” Joe proceeded to bring his right hand to my face and wiped it roughly over my face.

“Joe!” I screeched, jumping back and shoving his hand from my face. “You’re disgusting!”

“Oh, I was just kidding.” He laughed, “Don’t act like you’ve never played with me either.”

I blushed putting my embarrassment on full display, “Shh, or else I’ll take your jamba juice and go.”

“I’m just kidding.” He exclaimed still shaking slightly as he tried to contain the laughter.

I turned away from him and walked into his living room. “Go put some fucking clothes on!”
♠ ♠ ♠
:( <-- sad face. We were kind of lacking on the comments front, but that's fine!

It's appreciated when you comment, seriously. I love them like Joe Jonas loves to be a grammatical fail. So, click here!

QOTC: Do you believe in a God?

P.S Follow me on twitter. :)