I Can See The Fire In Your Eyes.

Saying Goodbye.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and felt around for Brian. I heard faint music coming from the living room, I crawled out of bed and went into the living room. Brian was sitting on the couch, his laptop on his lap and a cold beer sitting on the coffee table.

"Hey baby." He said, smiling up at me.

"What time is it?"

"Three in the morning. You should go back to sleep." He said before shutting his laptop then moving it off of his lap and next to him on the couch.

"I cant sleep anymore, what were you doing?" I asked as I sat down next to him.

"Looking." he replied then pulled my legs into his lap.

"At what?"

Its been two weeks since I found out about my recurring cancer, Dr. Reed said that I could stop it but they didn't have the resources around here. So, the boys have been searching everywhere for a doctor and trying to find someone to pay for it. Kerry, Treva and Val stay with me during the day.

It kills me to think that they're going through all that for me. I owe them, not they owe me.

"I think I found someone to pay for your treatment." He said sadly.

"Oh. Who?"

"My grandma, she left me some money...well a great deal of money and I think it will pay for everything."

"I cant ask you to do this."

"Yes you fucking can Ivy. And you're gonna take it." He said sternly.

"I love you." I said, a tear slipping down my cheek.

"I love you too, with all my heart." He said then kissed my cheek where that tear fell.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Nothing."

"Don't lie to me."

"Its in England. It takes two years." He said then a tear fell down his face.

I stared at him. I cant go. No. I cant leave them.

"Ivy, don't you say no."

"How did you know what I was thinking?"

"I can read your mind."

"Pfft. No you cant."

"Okay I cant, I just know you really good."

I kissed his cheek then his lips.

"I don't want to leave you."

"You have to. Just for a little while." he said, faking a smile.

My heart broke.

"No."

He lost it. He moved my legs out of his lap and stood up quickly.

"Goddamnit Ivy! Suck it up! Do you think this is a fucking walk in the park for me?! You're gonna go and you're not gonna fucking whine about it! I love you. You leave tomorrow." he yelled as he threw his arms into the air.

"Tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow. I'll help you pack." He said then took my hand in his. We walked up the stairs.
I lost my final fight to disease, I feel that this is where it ends.
I woke with my head on Brian's bare chest. The memories of last night came flooding back, and instead of grimacing. I smiled and kissed his chest.
"Ugh." He groaned.

"Good morning."

"Hello." He said then kissed my forehead.

"Your flight leaves in an hour babe." He said then sat up in bed.

I frowned. He wrapped his arms around me and carried me downstairs. Everyone was sitting around the living room. Brian sat me on the couch then sat next to me. Kerry wrapped her arms around me.

"Im gonna miss you babe." she said, her voice was sad.

"Ill miss you too."

"You better miss me!"

I said bye to everyone, it felt like a blur. Brian drove me to the airport, we sat in the terminal waiting for them to announce boarding for my flight.

"I'll find you when I get out." I said listening to his heartbeat.

"Okay. Try not to forget to remember me."

"Shut up." I said then hugged him tightly.

"I love you, Ivy. I still want to marry you." He said then held my engagement ring out in his hand.

"I love you too." I said then slid the ring on my finger.

The announcer called my flight. I sighed, a tear fell down my face. Brian did the same.

"Don't make this any harder." I said then wiped the tear off his face with my sleeve.

"Okay." he said then stood up, I stood up too.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight to him.

He kissed me softly. I slid my hands up his back and he pulled away.

"I love you. You have the number and my email and shit. So if you fucking loose contact I'm coming over there. And you don't want that..."

I laughed through the tears and let go of his hands.

"I love you forever and always." I said over my shoulder as I went to board the plane.

My heart's with you now.