Status: May take a few days in between updates, but very much alive

Worth The Wait

ch 10- i can't right now...

CH 10

“What are you doing here?” she whimpered out in shock.

“You seem surprised,” he sarcastically laughed. “What? Were you expecting someone else?” his question playful but the undertone wasn’t.

“N-no, I’m just shocked to see you that’s all.”

Mike stepped into her apartment, dropped his bags and scooped her up into a big hug. Limp with confusion, Phoebe barely hugged him back and took note at how forceful he was holding her. He placed her down and immediately kissed her, causing a mix of emotions in her. “Mmm,” he moaned. “I missed you baby.” He pulled his face away from hers and looked her in the eyes, almost as if he were searching for something in them.

“I still don’t understand what you’re doing here. You didn’t call or anything,” Phoebe knew she should’ve been more excited to see her fiancé, but she felt a lump in her stomach instead.

“Well, that would’ve ruined the surprise.”

“You wanted to surprise me and that’s why you barely call me or ask me to visit you anymore?”

“Baby,” he pleaded. “Don’t do that. You know I love you,” he placed his hand on her cheek and looked her in the eyes. “You do know that, right?”

She lingered her gaze with his and finally nodded, “yes,” she was trying to convince herself more than answer his question.

“Good,” he smiled. “I’ve missed you more than you can imagine, that’s why I couldn’t resist seeing you since we have two days before our next game. So, as long as you’ll have me, I’ll be here all day today, all day tomorrow, and leave the following morning.”

Phoebe forced a weak smile at him. “That’s great babe.” She knew Sidney was coming back tomorrow and truthfully she was more excited about seeing him than she was about Mike standing right in front of her. He just wasn’t the same person she thought she knew.

“Now,” he moved his hand down to her waist and pulled her as close to him as she could go. “I think we have some lost time to make up for.” He hungrily crashed his lips on to hers, running his hands along her body, pulling her towards her bedroom. She gave herself reasons in her mind why she should enjoy this and let it happen. She realized that if she were marrying him then she would have to get used to him being with her like this again, that it was normal for them to be together in this manner, but she didn’t want it and as he ripped of her clothes she felt the urge to sob.

“Wait, wait,” he panted slowly as he removed the last items of their clothing. Instead of leading her onto the bed like he had so many times in the past, he turned her around and bent her over, inserting himself inside her like she were some type of whore. Phoebe wanted to throw up. He was the first and only man she’d ever been with, but when they made love, they actually made love. They experimented with different positions, but felt the closest when they faced each other. Him turning her around and bending her over made her feel cheap, something that was foreign to their relationship and she couldn’t understand why after months of not being together the first thing he would do would be turning her away.

She tried to relax as he slid himself in and out of her, his grunts and moans evidence that he was being satisfied. His hands stroked every part of her naked body and she could feel the sweat dripping onto her back. Her emotions were hindering her from enjoying sex with her fiancé, and she desperately wanted to, but when she dug her fingers into her pillow and pulled it close to her she quickly inhaled Sidney’s scent, and when Sidney’s face rushed to her mind she realized that being with Mike might not be what she thought she wanted. She instantly felt guilty, like she was cheating on someone she’d never even kissed with a man she’d given her word to marry.

When Mike collapsed over her, after riding out his orgasm, she closed her eyes and waited for him to pull himself out of her. “Oh God,” he moaned as she turned to finally face him. “That was incredible.” He quickly kissed her on the lips and turned to go to the bathroom.

Phoebe stood there as her mind rapidly went into overdrive. He didn’t even worry about satisfying her, didn’t ask her if she enjoyed it, didn’t want to hold her. He just went immediately to the bathroom to clean himself up. She followed him a few seconds later, wanting to jump in the shower and scrub herself clean but knew that she would have to get used to this the next two days. Considering she had postponed her shower to open the door for Mike in the first place, she figured that she had the perfect excuse to get in it.

“Hey babe,” she called to him.

“Yep.”

“I think I’m gonna jump in the shower if you don’t mind and then maybe we can get lunch?”

“Yeah babe, that’s fine.”

She stepped in the shower and let the hot water run down her body, cleansing it in more ways than one. She knew it was wrong, but she couldn’t shake the fact that Sidney was going to show up at her place tomorrow and Mike would be there. It was going to hurt him. It had to. But it was possible that it was going to hurt her more, she couldn’t stand the thought of hurting Sid…even if they were only friends.

She let her thoughts overtake her for longer than she realized. She had been in the shower for longer than she ever was and she was ripped from her racing thoughts when her shower door slid open and she felt Mike step in with her. “You were taking so long I couldn’t wait any longer princess. I figured I might as well join you.” He pulled her close to him, spun her around and leaned her against the wall, planting kisses down her wet body and grabbing her breasts like water balloons. He pushed himself into her for the second time in the hour he’d been with her and went deeper inside her with each thrust. She surrendered, knowing that she had nowhere to hide, and let him do what pleased him. She didn’t want to enjoy it, but her body couldn’t deny it was feeling pleasure, though not the way it used to be, and that made her angry. Mike had never treated her this way, though she had to admit that their relationship had never been completely functional. He wanted her, she reassured herself that. He wanted to have sex with her…but he wasn’t having sex with her or making love to her. He was fucking her like some type of whore, not his fiancée.

When Mike finally took himself out of her again, he kissed her and lingered his lips with hers. “I’ve missed this.”

She looked up at him and searched his eyes for answers. He’d never only been interested in merely having sex with her. Their relationship wasn’t built on that, and the way he treated her and this entire visit…it just wasn’t right. “Me too,” was all she could say, as much of a lie as it was. She briefly thought about the days when they used to be happy…at least when she used to be happy, then she realized she’d never felt as alive with Mike as she felt with Sidney…and their relationship was not even close to being this physical. It was different. It was intimate.

Mike crawled himself out of the shower, “are you coming babe?”

She nodded her head at him. “Yeah I’ll be out in a min.”

He nodded back at her and slid the door shut behind him. When he walked out of the bathroom and she heard the door close behind him she instantly started sobbing, not exactly sure why. She knew the noise of the shower would hide her sobs and the water would help wash it away. She finally composed herself and pulled herself together and got dressed, meeting Mike in the kitchen so they could go eat together. She decided to request they go out so that he wouldn’t try to have sex with her again.

*************************************************************

Sidney’s blood was flowing with anticipation. He couldn’t wait to start this game against the Caps so that he could go home to Phoebe. He missed her more with each passing second. The little road trip he went on made him come face-to-face with the extremity of his feeling for Phoebe. No other girls caught his attention, he didn’t care about who wanted to go home with him, all he knew was that he was more in love with her than he ever realized he could be and when he got home he was going to tell her. He couldn’t keep it inside himself anymore. She had to know.

The game went by in a blur, his adrenaline rushing the entire time. He had barely been sleeping because his mind wouldn’t allow him to, and when he got on the bus to go home his body collapsed due to exhaustion. He couldn’t wait to see her and the second he got home he took a nap so that he wouldn’t fall asleep immediately and got cleaned up. When he got to Phoebe’s place he knocked on the door and waited for her to answer, waited to tell her how he felt about her, knowing that she had to feel the same way.

When she opened the door he could tell by the look on her face that something was very wrong. “I can’t right now Sid,” she whispered extremely low, her voice shaking, as she quietly stepped out into the hall and almost closed the door behind her.

“What’s the matter Pheebs?” he was concerned and ready to bust into her place to protect her.

“Please. Just trust me, you don’t want to come in here right now.” He thought she was going to cry.

He put his hand on her waist and lifted her chin up with his fingertips. “What’s going on? Are you okay?” Then he heard someone yell from inside her apartment. It was a man’s voice. That’s when he realized it. It was Richards.

She swallowed and looked away from him. “Phoebe…did he hurt you?” he knew that her reaction to Richards being there wasn’t one of a girl who was happy to see the man she was with.

She wanted to say yes, but she shook her head no. She allowed herself to lean into him, giving him proof that she missed him as much as he missed her. “It’s fine, I don’t know why he suddenly showed up here. I didn’t know he was coming. I had no warning. He’s leaving in the morning. I have to go before he comes out here.” She reluctantly turned to go back into her apartment but Sid grabbed her wrist in desperation and spun her around, gently.

“Please,” he pleaded, holding onto her for dear life. “Please don’t go back in there to him.” Sid knew exactly why Mike was there and what plans he had on his agenda. He couldn’t stomach the thoughts of Richards being close to her that way, kissing her, feeling her, being inside her. He felt his throat closing, “Phoebe,” he whispered, looking her in the eyes. “please.”

Seeing the despair in his eyes nearly broke Phoebe’s heart. She grabbed his hand and squeezed it, trying to take in one last touch. “Sid,” she said in a voice so low it was barely audible. “I have to.” Sid could see the tears welling in her eyes as she looked up into him. She slowly reached up and kissed him on the forehead and Sid knew that she was completely miserable. When she turned to go back to the man Sidney hated and shut the door, she took his heart with her, and he went home numb.
♠ ♠ ♠
please don't hate me!! i hope you like the story, comment comment comment and let me know what you think!! i'll update this soon, promise :)