Status: May take a few days in between updates, but very much alive

Worth The Wait

ch 22- I don’t remember any other girls before I fell in love with you because they didn’t matter

CH 22

Phoebe was getting frustrated with Sidney’s persistent schedule that was more frequently keeping them apart. Things were great when he was home but the more he was gone the harder it became. She still couldn’t believe how much she missed Sidney when he was gone for days or even weeks. With Mike they’d be apart for God only knows how long and she didn’t really feel any pangs of separation anxiety.

Patrick eased the pain of being alone because he reminded Phoebe of Sid every time she looked at him, but it still wasn’t the same as holding Sidney in her arms or him pulling her into his as they slept. It was just as hard for Sid to be away from Phoebe as it was for Phoebe to be away from Sid. He missed her more than he let on. When they were apart he’d text her whenever he could and spend hours laughing with her on the phone before bed. He sacrificed nights out with the guys to hear her voice. She was his best friend and no one else mattered to him, no one else even came close.

“I miss you baby,” Sid said softly into the end of his phone. He was leaning against the headboard on the hotel bed in his pajamas.

“I miss you too,” Phoebe pouted back. “I’m not the only one though. Patrick misses you too. He wants to know when his daddy is coming back.”

Sid smiled though she couldn’t see it. “I know. I’m sorry. It sucks being away this much. I hate being gone for days, see you for one then leave again for weeks. Believe me, it isn’t my plan to be away from you. Or away from Patrick for that matter.”

“It’s been over a week since Valentine’s Day and I haven’t seen you since.”

“This trip is almost over and we’ll be home for a while. I promise this time next week I’ll be laying in bed with you and holding you in my arms- not wishing I were next to you, miles away, talking to you on the phone.”

“Where are the guys?” Phoebe was in her bed as well, also in her pajamas, with Patrick curled up next to her.

“They went out. You know Jordan can’t resist meeting new people,” Sid laughed. “The new ladies in the new town we’re in.”

Phoebe wasn’t as amused as Sidney was. “I love Jordan, I do. But, I don’t like the fact that he’s such a whore. I’m telling you, I’m afraid he’s going to convince you to do something stupid.”

“If anything I’d be the one convincing him to do something stupid,” Sid joked back.

“That makes me feel so much better.”

Sid genuinely laughed, pleased that he had pushed Phoebe’s buttons. “C’mon baby. You know I’d never do anything.”

“Yeah but you got stupid fan girls lining up everywhere they think you’ll be, ready to throw their panties at you so they can persuade you into their bed or let you lead the way to yours.”

“So what. I don’t care about them. There’s plenty of Jordan to go around and I’m very happy being me and having you.”

Phoebe frowned into her phone. “I know,” she sighed. “I’m sorry. I just want you with me. I guess that’s kind of selfish.”

“Nah, don’t apologize,” Sid contentedly smirked. “If you didn’t care so much then I’d know you didn’t really love me. I feel the same way I just don’t vocalize it like you do. I can’t. If I get wrapped up in it I’m afraid I’ll walk away from the team, sweep you off your feet and take you away somewhere, where it’s just you and me.”

“I wouldn’t object to that.” Phoebe smiled. The best part of the night was flirting on the phone together, making each other beam and laughing together. Not only were they in love, they were best friends.

****************************************************************

Four days later Sidney was back in Pittsburgh and wasted no time in getting over to see Phoebe. His body was hungering for her. He had off for the night and a game the following night. He was getting slammed with a tight schedule but it was always more manageable when he was home. Sid drove quickly over to Phoebe’s and when he stuck his key in the door to unlock she finished opening it for him. She jumped in his arms and squealed with excitement as she wrapped her legs around his waist. It felt so damn good for him to be holding her that he squeezed her into him tighter as he walked deeper into her apartment, slamming the door behind them.

With her arms still securely wrapped around Sid’s neck, Phoebe crashed her smiling lips onto his. Sid welcomed her kisses and pushed his tongue into her mouth. Sid wanted to sit down and relax, holding her in his arms but he couldn’t place her down. Feeling his cock twitching for her encouraged him to hold her up and instinctively walk into the bedroom. Phoebe was satisfied with his decision and moaned in delight at his passionate kisses that were breaking up and beginning to travel down her neck. Sid placed her down on the bed and immediately ripped her shirt up over her head. He hadn’t seen her breasts in so long and just the sight of them made him more erect. He dug his face in her breasts and traced his tongue along her nipples. Phoebe clawed at his shirt hungrily. Once it was successfully crumpled on the floor she unbutton his jeans and pulled them off of him leaving him in only his boxers. She grabbed his hard cock and gave his package a little squeeze eliciting a moan, which made her wetter for him. He peeled her pants off of her and slid his hand between her legs. She was moist and he easily slid two fingers inside her, which felt so good she instantaneously arched her back in pleasure. He curled his fingers inside her, rubbing his thumb against her clit and flicked her nipple with his tongue. He spoiled her body with satisfaction and after a while she couldn’t take it anymore. She was at the brink of an orgasm, which Sidney could tell by the way her body spasmed and the feeling of her tightening around his fingers. Phoebe cried out as she was peaking, Sid, still shoving his fingers in and out of her and steadily massaging her clit, loved hearing her cries of ecstasy; loved knowing he pleased her. She screamed his name, her body trembling and begged him to enter her. Sidney couldn’t resist anymore. He kept rubbing her as he put one hand around his painfully erect cock and assisted it into her hole. He held her hips up and slammed into Phoebe, her hands wrapped around the headboard rails. He would’ve given up hockey permanently to stay in bed and feel like this. Not only was their sex passionate, he loved her and nothing else could even compare.

It’d been too long since he’d felt her skin against his, been inside her that he couldn’t help himself. The moans she let out and the way she said his name, watching her tits jiggle about as he pushed harder and harder into her, it didn’t take long for him to finish inside her. After riding out his orgasm, Sid pulled out and let out a deep breath. He momentarily collapsed next to Phoebe but quickly they both went into the bathroom to clean up and as she slid passed him he lightly wrapped his arm around her and placed it lightly on her stomach as he kissed the back of her neck. “I love you.”

She turned around to face him. “I love you too.” She was smiling so happily that it reminded Sid of the first day they met.

“How was that for you,” he smirked and quickly raised his eyebrows already knowing the answer to his question.

Her smile went from pure happiness to slightly deviant, “Awesome! How about you?”

“Look at me,” he teased referring to the fact that he was all red and flustered. “Does this look like it was bad?” he laughed. “It was fucking incredible. I don’t know how much longer I’m going to be able to keep leaving you for days on end.”

“I’d never complain if you stayed. You just better not be doing anything with any other girls while you’re gone.”

“Never. Don’t even worry about that,” Sid confidently yelled from the bedroom as he pulled his shirt over his head.

Phoebe came out from the bathroom and began to redress herself. “Good. Because I don’t want to have to kill the most loved man in the league.”

Sid came to her and quickly kissed her on the lips. “Me either. What do you want to do for dinner?”

“I’m cooking for you. Just pull out some sweats and relax. I know you’re exhausted,” she yelled as she made her way into the kitchen and started taking out things for dinner.

“Hey babe,” Sid yelled as he plopped down on the couch. Patrick soon joined him.

“Yeah?”

“Staal and the guys want to go out for drinks later. They want to know if we want to come along. I’m not really feelin it but he hasn’t stopped pestering me about it so if we make an appearance for a little while we can come back early and just hang out together. I mean, I don’t really give a shit about going out with them. I’ve seen them every day and I haven’t seen you in what feels like forever.”

Phoebe felt a little annoyed. She didn’t want to hog Sid but like he said, he’d seen them for the majority of the past few weeks. “Sure babe. We can meet up with them for a little while.”

“You sure you don’t mind?”

“I’m not super excited about it but no I don’t mind.”

“Alright, thanks Pheebs, I promise we won’t be out late.”

******************************************************

After dinner and lounging on the couch, Phoebe and Sid got ready to go meet the guys at a local bar. There really was no desire to go on either account, but they didn’t mind seeing everyone for a little while at least. When they got there, they were greeted by Jordan, Kris, Geno and Flowers. Some had girls, some didn’t and it didn’t really matter if they learned the names of these girls because they would be long forgotten in the morning. Kris ordered a round for everyone and there was a landslide of scotches, martinis and vodka. It didn’t take long for the affects of the liquor to kick in and soon Phoebe was entertained by the tipsy to drunken stories they were telling.

“Dude,” Kris yelled at Flowers, “Do you remember that time we were in Montreal and you got your ass kicked by that guy?” Kris was clearly amused, Marc-Andre, not as much. “Yeah well if you weren’t piss drunk you would’ve been able to help me out. And I didn’t get my ass kicked. He just got a few punches in.”

“And why was that,” Jordan egged him on.

“Because he grabbed the dude’s girl’s tits,” Kris yelled out in a fit of laughter.

They all started laughing, Marc-Andre turning a little bit redder than he already was. “Man, shut the fuck up. At least I still fucked her that night.”

“You did?” Geno asked. “I didn’t remember that.”

“Of course not. Letang only tells the other part of the story,” Marc-Andre sarcastically glared at Kris. “Besides, I’m not the only one who got some that night.” He looked at Sid who had been unusually uninvolved in the conversation. “You got laid too. Remember that girl? She had huge tits and more mascara than I’ve ever seen a girl wear in my life.”

Phoebe felt her stomach get knots and took in a deep breath as she leaned back. The last thing she wanted to hear about was her boyfriend’s former conquests. Sid’s body tensed and he closed his eyes. He wasn’t proud of his past and he didn’t think his friends would throw it in his face in front of Phoebe, forcing her to hear it.

“Holy shit! That’s right!” Kris echoed. “She was fuckable, but nothing tops Crosby’s lay when we were in Chicago.” He looked at Jordan, as if trying to get him as reinforcement. “She came up to him and literally took her thong off in front of all of us and held it in front of him and then…” Phoebe didn’t stay to hear the rest of the story. She stood up quickly and ran into the bathroom. She was sick to her stomach and angered beyond belief. If they wanted to talk about the sleazy girls they’d had sex with in the past, they didn’t have to bring Sid’s into it and they certainly didn’t have to disrespect their relationship by doing it with Phoebe sitting right there. Not only did she not want to be anywhere around them, she also didn’t want to be anywhere near Sid. It was hard enough to picture him with other girls but to hear about it first hand made her not want to even be in the same room as him.

Once she had somewhat regained her composure, Phoebe quickly slipped out of the ladies room and snuck out the back door of the bar, undetected by the boys because they couldn’t see her from where they sat. She had her keys since she drove her car there and walked her way from the back of the building to the front so she could get in her car and go home. Sid could get a ride from one of his asshole friends. Maybe he’d just go back to his place and she could get what she wanted which was to not look at him. Inside of the bar might have been crowded, but the parking lot was not. Phoebe enjoyed the quiet. Her heart was still pounding and her nausea was no less than it had been inside. When she got to her car, she clicked her keychain to unlock her doors but when she put her hand on the door handle she felt her body forcefully spin around.

“No, no, no,” Sidney rapidly pleaded with her. “Please, please don’t.” He pulled her into his chest. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I didn’t expect them to do that. I’m so embarrassed,” his voice was so agonized and shaky that Phoebe could feel a lump forming in her throat.
Phoebe stiffly rested against his body, him touching her was something she didn’t want right now. “I was about to reach across the table and punch him in the face when you ran off and truthfully I don’t blame you. Don’t worry I dealt with him after you were gone.”

She pulled away from him and coldly looked into his eyes. She felt like she didn’t know him in this instant. “How many girls have you fucked Crosby? How many more stories am I going to get the privilege of hearing about in the future?”

Sid squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head. He swallowed and looked down at his feet. It was just as hard for him to hear as it was for her and he hated the way he knew it made Phoebe feel. He took a deep breath and finally got the courage to look back up at her. “Pheebs…” he couldn’t stand to see the faint tears welling in her eyes. “I fucked up in my past. Alright? I told you, I wasn’t someone who did admirable things. Off the ice I was a complete tool. I let who I was get to my head and I wish I could take back every single one of the mistakes I made because none of it made me happy and none of it even compares to what I have with you.” Phoebe was still standoffish and waited to hear what he had to say next. He was just grateful she was giving him that opportunity. “I know that nothing I say is ever going to make it go away but I can’t stand the thought of you hurting because of something I’ve done…and knowing that there’s nothing I can do to make it go away.”

“How am I supposed to know you don’t want to be that person anymore?” she asked him hesitantly.

“Because that person was someone who didn’t know what it was like to be with someone who made him want to be a better person, someone who made him laugh and listened when something happened. Someone who set his skin on fire with just a touch and made his heart race the first time he touched her hand. Phoebe…I don’t even remember what it was like to be that way anymore. I don’t remember any other girls before I fell in love with you because they didn’t matter.” He walked the two steps closer to her and grabbed her hands into his. “If you’re leaving, that’s fine. But I’m coming with you. I’m most at home when we’re together and believe me, that’s never going to go away.”

A tear slid down Phoebe’s cheek as she looked up at him. She swallowed but didn’t say a word. Instead, she pulled her hands out of his grasp and wrapped them around his neck, cradling his head that he buried into her shoulder. “Let’s go home,” she whispered into his. He nodded into the crook of her neck and pulled away, revealing his tortured face to Phoebe. They got in her car and made their way back to her apartment, mostly in silence. When they got home they went straight to bed and Sid had her wrapped into him tighter than ever before, thankful now more than ever that she was his.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while, i know! Hope you enjoy. PLEASEEEE COMMENT!!

thank you xoxo