Status: May take a few days in between updates, but very much alive

Worth The Wait

ch 27-I think you’re about to jump to the number one position of America’s Most Wanted.

CH 27

“I can’t believe how much snow fell,” Phoebe was in shock as she looked out the window and saw the snow that continued to accumulate while they were sleeping.

“I can’t believe you agreed to marry me,” Sid wrapped his arms around her waist as he stood behind her.

She turned around in his grasp and smiled. “I can’t believe you asked me,” she squeals as she looks down at her left hand and sees her new engagement ring give to her by Sidney.

“I told you I was going to put new rings on that finger when you came back from Philly,” he smirked. “God,” he sighed. “I can not wait to marry you.”

“Yeah I know what you mean.” Phoebe played with the hair on the back of his neck. “I meant what I said, I don’t want a long engagement. I want to marry you as soon as I can. Maybe when the season’s over. I know if we wait until next season you will be insanely busy and I want a proper wedding and a proper honeymoon.”

“Me too. I only plan on doing this one time, so I want it to count. I want it to be everything you’ve always wanted,” he rubbed circles on her lower back with his thumbs.

“I’ve got to start planning! It’s going to be so much fun! Have you told anyone? Does anyone other than us know?” Phoebe asked with anticipation, her eyes widening with excitement.

“No one knows it’s official, Jordan had a heads up that I’d be asking soon.” Sidney gripped her sides and lifted her up so that her legs would instinctively wrap around his waist. “I’ll call him. I think he’s going to want to ‘throw us a party’ as in, drinks on him and all the guys wishing us congratulations. And probably asking you about our sex life,” Sidney laughed. He walked back to the bed with Phoebe still hoisted up and wrapped around him. “But I’d rather make love to my fiancée than call him,” Sid placed her down on the bed and nibbled at her neck, “If that’s alright with you,” he breathed into her ear.

Phoebe moved her head so that Sidney had better access to her neck, “I…I don’t mind,” she moaned, under the spell that Sid was placing on her.

“Good.” Sidney knows Phoebe, and he knows exactly what to do to get her off, to make her feel good. He knows what to do to get her wet, give her pleasure, and make her ready for him, and he does it with ease. He likes the reactions she gives him; he likes hearing her and feeling her squirm. Sidney loves her and he wants to make her happy. It doesn’t take long until Phoebe is bucking beneath him, crying out as her orgasm fills her senses.

When their lovemaking concludes and both of them are breathless, Sidney lies next to Phoebe and runs his fingers through her hair. “I’m guessing you didn’t tell your parents yet,” he looks over at her.

Phoebe snorts out air, “No, I haven’t told them yet. You’ve been with me every second since last night. I will tell them, today. I’m so excited and incandescently happy that I don’t want them to kill my buzz.”

“I don’t blame you. Don’t worry though; they’re going to love me. Not that I’m cocky, I just know they’ll realize how much I genuinely love you and I mean, really, how can they hate their daughter’s soul mate?”

Phoebe feels a sense of complete peace. “I guess you’re right, aren’t you?”

“Let’s not think about it now. Let’s enjoy our first day as an engaged couple. I’m going to call Jord and the guys, fill them in and let them demand we go out and celebrate. I don’t know about you, but I think a celebration is in order.”

“I think you’re right, I can’t wait. I’d love to see what these guys have in store. You’re positive they’re going to be happy about it?” Phoebe asks hesitantly but her tone is sarcastic.

“Babe!” Sidney can’t believe she’s asking him this. “Are you out of your mind? They’re going to be thrilled. Don’t worry about a thing. Get in the shower, take all of this in and realize it’s happening. I think you’re still in a state of shock,” he laughs.

“No! No, no!” Phoebe bounced up and down on the bed. “Call Jordan first! I want to hear you tell him!”

Sidney was amused and very happy with her excitement. “Okay, Okay baby.” He searched for his phone and dialed Jordan, waiting anxiously for him to answer. “Hey Jord, what’s up?” Phoebe could only hear Sidney’s half of the conversation. “Tell me I didn’t wake you up. Are you serious? Dude, that’s funny. Listen, I have some news. Yeah. I asked Phoebe to marry me last night. Swear. She said yes! I know! I figured you’d say that. Where are we meeting up with you tonight? Your place? That’s true, I don’t want to get ambushed. Okay, we’ll be there. Eight? That’s a little early. Oh okay, sure we can get dinner too. I’ll see ya then man. Thanks. Yeah, I’ll tell her. Peace man.”

Sidney turned to a beaming Phoebe who instantaneously blurted out, “So what’d he say?”

“He’s thrilled. I told you he wants us to go to his place around eight tonight, get some dinner, then all the guys will come over and we’ll have a party. They’ll have lots of alcohol, I’m sure, so it won’t be boring,” he reached and kissed Phoebe on the forehead.

“This ought to be interesting,” she could only imagine the possibilities.

*****

“Hey Jordan!” Phoebe enveloped him in her arms, she was practically bouncing with happiness.

“Phoebe, I hear congratulations are in order,” Jordan waited for the inevitable response and Phoebe did not disappoint. She immediately lifted her hand up and showed her newly decorated wedding finger to him. “Wow, Crosby! Shit man that’s fucking huge! It’s beautiful! I’m so happy for you guys.”

Sidney wrapped his arms around Phoebe and stood behind her. “Thanks man. It’s pretty cool so far. I love it.” Sidney liked the new feeling of security he had with Phoebe. He liked knowing they were bound to each other, that they were one step closer to making the promise to always be together no matter what.

“I have something for you,” Jordan turned his attention back to Phoebe, “But I’m not giving it to you until later.” The smirk that crept across his face made it clear that he was up to no good. “I don’t know how I feel about that,” Phoebe blushed. If there were something embarrassing to be done Jordan would be the one to think of it.

After they’d gotten a bite to eat and everyone had piled into Jordan’s, Phoebe began to feel a little overwhelmed. It’d been a while since she had been surrounded by so many people and she didn’t know what to expect. Last time she was with the guys they decided the best topic was talking about Sidney’s past whores. Phoebe was hoping they’d leave that alone tonight. Everyone was getting drunk and lost in a world that was consumed by alcohol, and though all the guys hugged her and gave their congratulatory messages she still was unsure of whether or not Jordan was going to embarrass her in front of everyone or not. It didn’t take long to find out. When all the guys had managed to make their way into the living room, Jordan disappeared upstairs and quickly made his way back down.

“Excuse me! Everybody, listen up!” he screamed at the top of his lungs with a beer in his hand. It was no easy task getting all the people in the room to quiet down, but after a couple threatening words he was able to grab onto their attention. “Now. As you all know, we are here tonight to celebrate the engagement of our friend and captain, the lucky bastard officially has it all. And Phoebe, be good to him. I think you’re about to jump to the number one position of America’s Most Wanted.” Phoebe, Sidney and all their friends erupted into a fit of laughter when Jordan said that. It was probably true. Girls were going to want her head on a platter; it wasn’t going to be the easiest road to travel, that’s for sure. “I got you a little something. Now, don’t get all excited, it’s nothing fancy but I think it’s very fitting.” He reached down and picked up something that Phoebe couldn’t make out. It wasn’t until he held it up and everyone started whistling and laughing that Phoebe put her hand over her head, laughing herself. It was a tee shirt and on it had the words Marry Me Sid. “I think you may just be the only person who has the right to wear this psychobabble shirt, and I know my buddy will have no problem in fulfilling this request. So, Phoebe, whenever Crosby gets mad at you, just wear this shirt as a reminder…with nothing but a pair of sexy ass panties. Ya know. Maybe a thong or a little boy short action...”

“Okay, okay! Continue Staal,” Sidney bellowed. He was laughing right along with everyone else but the image of Phoebe in that outfit wasn’t for his friends to be fantasizing about. He preferred it was only for him.

“Sorry man!” No he wasn’t. “And Crosby, next time you get mad at her, look at her in nothing but this shirt and her sexy unmentionables, throw your anger aside and remember on top of everything else that you’re getting laid by a hot girl everyday for the rest of your life. So,” Jordan raised his beer higher in the air. “Let’s all lift our glasses to our dear friend and his beautiful bride-to-be. Congratulations guys! I think I speak for everyone here when I say I cannot wait for this wedding!”

The room was filled with noise as all the guys clanked their bottles, screamed their excitement and cheered on not only Sidney and Phoebe but Jordan as well. Sidney turned to Phoebe and kissed her more passionately than he should have in front of everyone, but he didn’t care. “Thanks for saying yes,” he told her with his nose pressed to hers. She smiled. She was a little tipsy and still coming to terms with the fact that this entire situation was true, it wasn’t a dream and it wasn’t going to go away.

*****

Sidney had the leave the following afternoon for a road trip. Both of them had woken up with massive headaches and not much recollection from the night before. Phoebe looked down to see that she had on nothing but the Marry Me Sid shirt and a pair of panties and she laughed. “Well, I guess we took Jordan’s advice last night.”

Sidney was wincing as he opened his eyes as the lights were acting as the enemy. He looked at Phoebe in the now wrinkled shirt and barely-there material. “We clearly had a good time last night.”

Phoebe looked at her disheveled fiancé. He didn’t look much better than she did. “You feel like shit too don’t you?” she asked him but her tone was more of a declaration. Sidney nodded his head. “Yeah this trip is going to suck. This day is going to be hell.” They needed more time to sleep it off but there wasn’t much of an opportunity for that.

“When do you need to leave?”

“Realistically I need to shower and get out of here, like now. Believe me,” he rubbed his head, “I don’t want to leave. I really don’t want to leave. I would much rather stay in bed with you all day where I can lie down and not feel like the room is trying to swallow me.”

Phoebe rubbed his head, ran her hand down the back of his neck and pulled him into her. She cradled his head in her chest and rubbed his shoulders. “C’mon champ. You’ve dealt with worse hangovers than this before I’m sure.”

“Yeah but it’s been a while,” his voice was muffled.
“Get up and I’ll make you some food and coffee before you leave so that you feel at least a little better okay?” she padded him on the back to urge him to get in the shower.

“Mmmm, fine,” Sid groaned. He pulled himself out of bed and stumbled his way into the bathroom. Phoebe smiled to herself and shook her head. After a magical past few days with Sid proposing, their inability to get enough of each other in bed and their wicked fun party the night before, reality had to sink back in. Even though they both felt like death and went a little out of control the night before, their sickness would subside and reality really wasn’t going to be so bad after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it, PLEASE COMMENT. it's really encouraging/motivating. you're taking the time to read it and i really appreciate your feedback. i'll try to update soon.

ALSO...check out my Zach sequel. show it some love. its really fun to write this stuff but its nice to hear from you guys who are reading.

[sorry for the delay pheebs] enjoy everyone xoxo