Status: May take a few days in between updates, but very much alive

Worth The Wait

ch 26- it just made me realize how much you mean to me

CH 26

“I don’t know if you realize how much you hurt me,” Phoebe said as she walked into the kitchen. Sidney followed on her heels. They had been awake no more than twenty minutes, but knew it was essential to talk everything out before they did anything else. They hadn’t even gotten out of bed before the conversation started.

“I do,” Sidney insisted. “I know how much I fucked up. Don’t you think I know it?”

“I don’t know! I mean, I would hope so, but we’re supposed to be a team, ya know? If we’re gong to be together, how do you expect to make this,” she waived her finger back and forth between the two of them so he knew she was referring to them, “work? How can you just walk out on me?”

Sidney sighed, he knew she was right; he had a lot of growing up to do still. “Pheebs,” he reached for her hand. “I know I was wrong. It hurt me; it still hurts me. The fact that I left you here, that I just walked out…it makes me feel so unbelievably horrible, there’s no way you could even understand.”

“Well, you can’t do that anymore,” she pouted. “You can’t just leave me. If we’re in this together then we have to work it out together.”

“I’m sorry. The way I behaved was bad enough, all of it. But the leaving part…I promise I won’t do that to you anymore.”

“No matter what?”

“No matter what. You don’t deserve that, and I shouldn’t act so immature.” He pulled her into a hug and kissed the top of her head. “I’m really sorry. For everything.” Phoebe settled into him. “Do you have any idea how hot it was watching you beat the shit out of Mike?” she smiled.

“It felt pretty damn good. I’m not going to lie about that,” he laughed back. “I just heard everything he was saying, all the lies he was feeding you and I was praying you didn’t believe him…that you wouldn’t give up on me. I know I gave you every reason in the world.”

“It made me think, yeah. But give up on you? No. I just can’t. Unlike you, I don’t give up that easily.” Phoebe made her way to edge of the counter and opened the cabinet to reach for a cup. Sid placed his hands on her waist and lifted her up so that she was sitting on it. He opened her legs and stood in between them, his hands still perched on her hips. “So, are we okay?”

Phoebe didn’t immediately answer. She looked him in the eyes and finally nodded her head. “Yes.” She wrapped her arms around his neck.

“I really mean it by the way. I’m sorry,” he said, his nose connected to hers.

“I know you are,” she smiled. She hopped down off the counter and went to get herself some orange juice out of the fridge.

“Are you going to come to our game tonight?”

“Hmmm. Am I going to go to your game tonight? Good question. Maybe I’ll go, but not for you. For Jordan, of course,” she teased.

Sidney laughed and shook his head. “I get it, I know. I’m an asshole.”

“But you’re my asshole,” she said as she took a sip of her juice.

Sidney loved when she flirted with him like that. He took in the sight of Phoebe, her in her short shorts and a tank top. She had thrown on a hoodie, one that he had given her, to keep warm when they woke up, but she was so irresistible to him. It’d been too long since he’d run his hands over her body and kissed her to the point where she was out of breath that he couldn’t take it anymore. Her legs were calling out to him. He walked towards her and got down on his knees in front of her. “What are you doing Crosby?” she smirked.

Sidney peered up at her, biting his lips. He placed his hands on her calf and slowly ran them up her leg. He ran his fingers up along the inside of her thigh and used the other hand to lift up her shirt just enough so that he could place his lips on her stomach and gently suck at the exposed skin. He traced his tongue down to the tip of her shorts, and ran fingers under the bottom, easily finding her slit as she wasn’t wearing any underwear. Phoebe’s heart was pounding and her blood was racing, she leaned back into the refrigerator and closed her eyes. Sidney lightly rubbed her throbbing bulb and brought his fingers back further, feeling the moisture that had secreted from her body. Wetting his fingers with her juices, he brought them to the cusp of her hole and slid two of them inside her, his shaft becoming more erect by the second. Phoebe moaned, egging him on, begging him to continue. Sidney was dying to please her; it was overtaking his senses. He pulled his fingers out of her, slowly slid her shorts down her legs and helped her step out of them entirely. He wrapped his hands around her leg, right above her knee and softly placed a kiss on the inside of her thigh. Sid lightly traced the tip of his tongue up to her clit and began sucking on her. She dug her fingers into his hair, pulling it as the intense sensation of satisfaction overtook her. Her legs shook and her moans grew louder and louder. Her orgasm came hard and fast, the juices dripping down her legs.

Sidney didn’t waste any time. He kissed his way up her torso as he stood up, picked her up by the back of her legs and carried her over to the counter. He sat her down on it and spread her naked legs open, exposing her moist and dripping part. He couldn’t take it any longer; his cock was painfully throbbing for her. He put one hand on the base and guided it into her. She gasped and threw her head back adjusting to the feeling of him being inside of her. Sidney thrusted into her hard, his hands clamped around her rear, puling her to him. Phoebe wrapped her legs around his waist as he pushed deeper into her with each plunging motion. Her moans and his grunts were making him rapidly reach orgasm. He was about to explode inside her and it was going to be incredible. His movements were growing harder and more forceful. Sid threw his head back as he busted his load and rode out his orgasm with Phoebe kissing and sucking his neck. “Oh my God,” he breathed out, gasping for air. “That was…oh my God.”

He pulled out of her and she slid off the counter. “Incredible,” she sighed as she made her way to the bathroom to clean herself up. “I don’t even know what to say,” she yelled.

Sidney stood in the doorway and walked towards her as she pulled her shorts back up. “I love you,” he whispered as he lifted her chin up and kissed her.

“If that’s what our fights will bring us, I can deal,” she giggled and kissed him back.

They’d spent the day lounging on the couch watching bad television. It’d been too long since they just got to relax together. Sidney and Phoebe both were tired of the drama and simply wanted to enjoy each other’s company before the game tonight. When the time came for Sidney to leave, Phoebe walked with him to his car and leaned against him. “Hmm. It looks like it’s going to snow,” Sid looked up at the gray sky, “It’s very crisp out.”

“I hadn’t even noticed,” Phoebe said softly, not taking her eyes of Sidney.

“I gotta run baby, but I’ll see you there right? Then we’ll come back here afterwards and cuddle up on the couch again. I missed that; I missed just being with you. After how badly I behaved and how I treated you, it just made me realize how much you mean to me.”

“I know what you mean. I was going crazy not knowing what you were doing, if you were thinking about me or not.”

“I didn’t do anything but think about you…” he paused. “And our baby. Well, the baby I thought we were having. I meant what I told you, you’re going to be an incredible mother and I’d love to have a family with you.”

“So would I, but not yet. I want time with you to myself.”

“Likewise,” he leaned down and kissed her. “I have to leave baby. I’ll see you later.”

Phoebe watched as Sid got in the car and made her way back inside. She had to get ready for the game anyway. After eating an early dinner, Phoebe put on her jeans and threw her Crosby jersey over her head, one that Sidney had given her, and made her way outside. Sidney was right- the air was stale and the flurries were falling. She noticed how the snow fell heavier with each passing minute as she made her way to the arena. She sat in her seat and proudly watched her boyfriend take the lead on the ice. Phoebe giggled to herself; she almost loved it as much when he took control on the ice as she did when he took control in the bedroom. Almost.

After the game, she met Sid in the locker room. Phoebe congratulated him on the win, hugged Jordan and left. She didn’t want to leave with him, she didn’t want to see girls throwing themselves at him or get blinded by the flashes from the cameras. Sidney promised he’d meet her at her place as soon as he could, and by now the snow had completely blanketed the city. “Please drive carefully,” he pleaded with her before she made her way out.

“I promise,” she reassured him.

The roads white and it was hard to see, but Phoebe made it home safely. She parked and got out of the car, made her way up to her door and was immediately greeted by Patrick. She then realized he needed to go out. Phoebe went inside, put on her boots, Pens beanie and coat. She grabbed Patrick’s leash and escorted him out the door. When she got outside she couldn’t help but notice how beautiful it looked. She wasn’t even that cold, the snow was falling and the streetlights made it look ten times more beautiful. She walked slowly through the virgin snow by her campus. The little brick wall that ran parallel with the street was piled with snow, the street lamps illuminating, giving the snow an almost angelic appearance. Phoebe hadn’t realized how long she had been walking until the only other body in sight met her.

“I saw your tracks,” Sid laughed as he jogged towards her. “I didn’t think there were too many people out with a tiny little dog.”

“I didn’t realize I was out for so long, it’s just so beautiful out here, I couldn’t help it.

Sid took Phoebe’s hand into his. “Yeah I know what you mean.” The two of them walked hand in hand, side by side. The barren tree branches mounting with snow, their surroundings quiet. It was as if everything had stopped; time was standing still. In their path was nothing but snow covered trees, antique lampposts and crisp, white snow.

“You’re too much,” Phoebe smiled at him.

“How so?” he asked almost taken aback.

“You just randomly find me!”

“Well I went into your apartment and you weren’t there. Neither was Patrick. I went back outside and like I said I saw both your tracks. It’s a beautiful night, why wouldn’t I want to come walk with you?”

“I’m glad you did,” she looked up at him.

Sidney let go of her hand and went under one of the lampposts, looking over the brick wall that was heightened by the snow. Phoebe followed him. “What’s up baby?”

“Nothing,” he answered. “It’s just nice to take all this in sometimes. To be out and it’s peaceful, no one running after you. It’s nice to be the only two people on the road. No cars, no noise. Nothing.” Phoebe didn’t respond, she just stood next to him and looked out on the blanket of snow in front of them, her hand rubbing his lower back. He was right; it was special.

With Phoebe taking in the scenery, Sidney bent down and began to pet Patrick. “I’m really happy with our life. Our family,” Phoebe heard him say. She turned to face him, him down on his knee, “I am too,” she smiled.

“I’m lucky to have you,” Sidney said softly. “With all the chaos in my life, you’re the one thing that’s given me stability. You’re kind of like this in my life.”

“What do you mean?” she cocked her head in confusion.

“I mean, my life is hectic and sometimes overwhelming. When I’m with you though, it’s like being in this snow. It’s peaceful, beautiful, breathtaking…perfect. I didn’t really care about finding the right girl; I didn’t think it was possible to find someone who could look at me as a person, not just Sidney Crosby, the hockey player. Then I met you and I had to fight so hard…” he swallowed. Phoebe looked down at him, listening intently at his outpouring of emotion. “I’d give anything for you. Anything. I fell in love with my best friend and you’re more than I could have ever wanted, hoped for, dreamed of. I know without a shadow of a doubt I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” He then reached his hand into his coat pocket, “and I was hoping…you’d want to spend the rest of your life with me.” Sidney pulled his hand out and held up a beautiful diamond ring between his thumb and index finger. “Will you marry me?” Sidney asked as he peered up at her.

Phoebe’s jaw dropped, her heart was racing. “Oh my God…” she gasped as a smile spread across her face. “Oh my God, yes! Yes!” Sidney took her left hand and slid the ring onto her wedding finger. He quickly stood up and tightly wrapped his arms around Phoebe’s waist. She wrapped hers around his neck as he scooped her up and twirled her around under the still-falling snow. Phoebe pressed her forehead to Sid’s, “This is unbelievable,” she squealed.

Sidney placed her down but his hands still held her waist and her arms were still wrapped around his neck. The huge smile of Sidney’s face made Phoebe fall in love with him all over again. “I bought it about a week after you came back from Philadelphia. I just didn’t know how or when…and tonight just was perfect. I couldn’t wait any more.”

“Sidney, wow,” Phoebe was speechless. “I love you. I can’t wait to be your wife. I don’t want a long engagement.”

“Good, because I don’t want one either. The sooner we get married, the sooner we can start working on having a family,” he flirted.

Phoebe reached up and kissed him, she let her lips roam over his and sucked on his tongue when it entered her mouth. When she knew her blood was racing more than was appropriate in the street, she pulled away and looked up at him. “You know, you have to meet my family now, and I have to meet yours. I don’t know how that’s going to go over.”

“I can promise you on my family’s part it will be fine. They already know about you.”

“They do?”

“I told them, they’re going to love you. They already do. I promise.”

“I just hope my family is as accepting as yours. For whatever reason they were seduced by Mike’s charade, I just don’t know how they’re going to respond to this. But you know what? I don’t care. I just want you.”

“Babe, you forgot I’m charming too. I got you didn’t I?”

Phoebe laughed, “Yes, that you did. You got me. And I’m yours for the rest of my life.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it! Please comment! Please! The story isn't done yet, so don't think it is ;)
sorry it took so long to post, i've been super busy.

also, i posted the first chapter to my Zach Parise sequel. Please read it, check it out, comment. I'm really going to enjoy writing that story...i hope you enjoy reading it.
thanks xoxo