Status: May take a few days in between updates, but very much alive

Worth The Wait

ch 32-...and you’re my wife

CH 32

Phoebe felt her eyes flicker open and realized that the reason she woke up from her peaceful slumber was because there was a light tapping on her hotel room door. It took her a minute to wake up enough so that she could answer it coherently, but when adrenaline hit her she threw her legs over the side of the bed, “I’m coming!” she yelled to whoever was on the other side. She flung open the door, still in Sidney’s t-shirt and a pair of boxers to find a hotel employee on the other end. “Ah, good morning Mrs. Crosby,” he smiled at her knowingly. “I believe your…uh, husband…sent these for you,” he handed her a vase full of roses.

Phoebe gave one of those smiles that can only be a result of pure surprise and overwhelming happiness. “Thank you,” she gushed. The employee nodded as he turned to leave and Phoebe closed the door as she walked back into her room. There was a little card sticking out from the top of the full bouquet and Phoebe pulled it out as she placed the vase down on the table.

Mrs. C-

Forever starts today…

SC


Butterflies filled Phoebe’s stomach when she read the words he had handwritten for her. She loved that Sidney still had that affect on her; that he would always have that affect on her. It was her wedding day and she was marrying her prince. She called room service to order breakfast and jumped in the shower so that she would be out before her food arrived. While she was in the shower she thought back to the first day she met Sidney. That chance encounter with the disheveled, hung over almost unhappy shell of a person that walked into her life was the best thing that had ever happened to her. She thought back to how hard he fought for her, how he pushed her to stand up for herself.

Phoebe stepped out of the shower and teased her wet hair with her towel. She put on sweats and by that time her breakfast was delivered to her room. As she ate she reminisced back to the first time she and Sidney had made love; she thought back to the first time he actually vocalized the words ‘I love you” and how stubbornness combined with fear kept her from telling him. She laughed to herself though because she’d been in love with him from that first night despite how much she tried to fight it. Now here she was, waiting to get her hair done so that she could marry him.

Phoebe knew that Sidney was doing the right thing by not being together until the ceremony but part of her had an overwhelming desire to be with him. She picked up her phone and was just about to attempt to call him when there was another knock on her door. “Oh thank God,” she sighed out. She rushed over to the door and opened it. “Good afternoon Mrs. Crosby, are you ready to get your hair and make up done?”

“Yes, thank you! I am,” Phoebe greeted her excitedly. She loved the fact that they referred to her as Mrs. Crosby, and she was sure that Sidney had gave them instructions to do so.

Phoebe sat in the chair and explained how she wanted her hair to look. “Very soft curls. I want to keep it down and as natural as possible.” She then grabbed the jeweled headband she had purchased with her wedding dress, “And I want this to accentuate it. Nothing too crazy. I just want it to rest in my hair.”

She felt like a princess sitting there getting pampered. There were people gliding around her room spoiling her. It was as if Sidney had brought the spa to her. She got her hair done, a facial, her nails polished and her make up applied. While the craziness that surrounded her was at its peak, all Phoebe could think about was Sidney. When the chaos around her subsided and everyone was leaving it was just about time for her to put her beautiful dress on. The dress was hanging in the bathroom and Phoebe stood in front of it, in her robe, taking everything in.

Once again, Phoebe was interrupted by a knock at her door. She was glowing as she answered the door. “Hello Mrs. Crosby,” the man greeted her. “I am here to deliver this for you.”

Phoebe took the bag he was holding out for her. “Thank you!”

“My pleasure,” he nodded his head at her and turned back down the hallway.

Phoebe’s jaw dropped as she shut the door behind her. This wasn’t just an ordinary bag; it was a Tiffany & Co. bag. She hesitantly peeled the tissue paper apart and pulled out the infamously wrapped box. Phoebe untied the beautiful bow and delicately lifted the top off and when she did she saw a breathtaking necklace. It was so simple, a very skinny, shimmery platinum chain with diamonds sporadically breaking the chain apart. It was perfect and matched her dress magnificently.

Phoebe went back to her dress and finally took it off the hanger so that she could step into it. As she did, she savored every second of the process. The fabric hugged her like a glove. All that was left was for her to put the finishing touch on: her new necklace. She put it around her neck and closed the clasp shut, took a step back in front of the mirror and admired herself as a bride. She’d never felt more beautiful in her entire life.

*****

The time was now. This was the moment they’d been waiting for. The sun was getting ready to descend and everything was set. An aisle runner covered the sand though it wasn’t safe from it and flower petals were strategically scattered down the aisle. Phoebe was still hidden from Sidney’s sight but wouldn’t be for much longer. When the music started playing it was time for her to walk to her new life and leave her single-self behind. She slowly put one foot in front of the other, holding her bouquet right under her bust. Phoebe thought she would be scared, reserved, nervous, but when she looked up and saw Sidney standing at the end of aisle waiting for her, his mouth agape and his eyes sparkling as he looked at her, she had to resist sprinting the rest of the way to him. Her face was plastered with an uncontainable smile and she had a glow about her that screamed to everyone how happy she was.

It was surreal, walking down the aisle, each step bringing her closer to Sidney who was patiently waiting for her to become his wife. He’d had a busy night in preparation for their wedding, but he also found it difficult to keep his word. He had left that note for Phoebe telling her he wanted to not see her until this moment so that they held some tradition, but spending a night without her felt like an eternity. He was marrying her because he didn’t want to spend his nights sans Phoebe and it took discipline- and lots of it- to keep from pillaging her in her room.

Sidney was completely frozen, Phoebe was walking towards him and she looked more stunning than she ever had before. Her dress made her look like a princess, the headband and necklace…they just fit and he was happy to see she liked the jewelry he had picked out for her. When she was finally standing in front of him, Sidney grabbed both her hands into his and mouthed the words “I love you.”

Phoebe had tears glistening in her eyes. She still sported the smile on her face and mouthed “I love you,” back to Sidney, who had faint tears in his eyes as well. The preacher happily united the two much to the delight of the observers. They had chosen traditional vows because of the simplicity and romance behind them and as soon as the preacher declared the couple husband and wife, Sidney grabbed his new bride pulled her to him and crashed his lips down onto hers. They turned to march back down the aisle together, their fingers intertwined and the giddy observers cheering on the newlyweds who were so crazy in love.

“That was unbelievable!” Phoebe squealed as they entered into a private white tent that was set up on the beach exclusively for them. The opening of the tent faced the ocean and was where Phoebe and Sidney would enjoy their first dinner as a married couple.

“I know,” Sidney wrapped his arms around her, leaned down and kissed her once again. “You look absolutely…speechless. Beautiful doesn’t even come close.”

“So you like the dress then?” she teased.

Sidney chuckled, “Like it? Baby you’re breathtaking.” He kissed her neck and whispered, “and you’re my wife,” into her ear.

“You’re stuck with me for life. You think you can handle that?” Phoebe asked.

“I think I’ll be able to manage. Are you sure you’re happy though? Our wedding, how we went about it…it didn’t disappoint you did it?”

“Sidney, you’re my husband there is literally nothing that could take me down from the high I’m on right now.”

“So we get to eat in our own private tent on the beach, how’s that for a first meal? Anything you want, it’s yours. Just tell them,” Sidney escorted her into her seat at their private table that was decorated with candles then went to sit in his.

“Well,” she pouted. “There is one thing I want before dinner.”

“What’s that?”

“It doesn’t matter, we’re already sitting down.”

“Hey, Mrs! Just tell me!”

“Well. I wanted to have a first dance with my new husband.”

Sidney grinned at her, “I’m happy you said that.” As if on cue soft old-fashioned music began to play and the little, romantic, dim decorative lights turned on throughout their tent. He stood up and went to his new wife, “I believe it’s time for our first dance.”

“Oh my God!” Phoebe gasped flabbergasted and put her hand over her mouth in shock. “How do you do all these things? I can’t…I just can’t believe this!” She got up and let him envelope her in his arms. “It’s because I’m in love with you,” he said gently as they swayed back and forth to the music the band was playing. “And it’s our wedding day, what kind of husband would I be if I got off on the wrong foot.”

“I don’t think it’s possible for you to be a bad husband,” she looked up into his eyes.

“Let’s hope you’re right,” he laughed. “But honestly, this is the best day of my life.”

“Me too,” she smiled.

After their dance ended they took their respective seats as a waiter came to take their orders and bring them congratulatory champagne. When he left Sidney filled both his and Phoebe’s glasses, handed it off to her and held up his glass towards her. “Here’s a toast, to the rest of our lives being as beautiful, private and personal as this wedding.”

“I love you,” Phoebe breathed out, tears lightly falling down her cheek. Sidney leaned over to kiss her; he couldn’t stop himself. This entire day was about celebrating them and their love for each other, if there was ever a time to be overly romantic, this was it.

After eating their meals Sidney held onto Phoebe the entire way back to their room. They walked freely through the sand and anxiously quickened their pace on the concrete of the resort. When they got to their room, Sid opened the door and Phoebe gasped. Their room was filled with dozens of candles. The lights were off and the glow of the room from the candles was sexy and romantic. There were rose petals trailing from the door to the bed. The bed was covered in them, the tub was drawn; there was champagne on ice and chocolate covered strawberries on the nightstand next to the bed. “This…is…incredible…” Phoebe turned to Sid after they walked in and inspected the room.

“I know,” his lips curled up in a smirk.

“You had something to do with this. I know you did!”

“And if I did?”

“Get me out of this dress and get on top of me on that bed.”

“It would be my pleasure, Mrs. Crosby.”

Phoebe threw her arms around Sidney’s neck and brought her lips to meet his. She moaned lightly at his kiss. “Mmmmm, you taste good.” She ran her fingers up his shirt and unbuttoned the linen fabric as she grinned at him seductively. His fingers found the zipper on the back of her dress and slowly pulled it down exposing her back. Then Phoebe pulled away and put her hand on Sidney’s chest as if she were pushing him away. “Just wait here. I have a surprise for you.” Then she disappeared into the bathroom.

When she reemerged she had on a white teddy that was lace on the bra cups, tied at the middle of her chest and the rest of the sheer material fell loose and open. She paired with it a white matching lace thong, garter belt and sheer white stockings. Sidney’s mouth fell open when he saw his wife standing in front of him in the very sexy, barely there little outfit. “Wow.” He didn’t waste any time, he walked over to her and took her in his arms. He ran his hands down her back and grabbed her bare behind, lifted her up and wrapped her legs around his waist so that he could carry her over to the bed. Sidney laid her down and positioned himself on top of her, running his hands over every crevice of her body appreciating the bridal lingerie she sexily demonstrated for him. Making love to Phoebe that night was different for Sidney. It was more freeing, more satisfying and more sensual than before because there was a newfound commitment there. She was his wife; she belonged to him as he belonged to her. Their futures, wherever they were going to go had one thing in common: each other.

After they had satisfied each other in the most erotic of ways, their sweaty, flushed, tingling bodies separated. Phoebe’s naked body curled up into Sidney’s and she nuzzled her head in his shoulder. “I love you,” she said quietly.

“I love you too,” Sidney squeezed her tighter to him. “Oh man,” he burst out into laughter. “Jordan is going to be pissed!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not going to lie, I'm really not sure how well the wedding came out. It took so long to post because I wanted it to be good...I hope I succeeded at that. Leave me comments and let me know how it came out, if you liked it. I sure hope you do!

This story is winding down...not many chapters left. So, get invested in my Parise story. That'd be awesome...and I think I'm going to start up a Toews story. If you have an opinion, give it to me.

Thanks for reading. Enjoy, comment, be awesome! ;)