Status: May take a few days in between updates, but very much alive

Worth The Wait

ch 31- It’s always been you and me

CH 31

“Wh-what? What do you mean? How would we even do that?” Phoebe stammered out quickly. Sidney didn’t move from his place on the blanket with his chin resting on her abdomen. He was still looking up at her and Phoebe was sitting up on her elbows. “We’ll go sign a marriage license today and go shopping. You can get a dress and we’ll get our rings and we’ll get a priest to marry us on the beach tomorrow. We have the money, price isn’t an issue…I’ll take care of everything,” Sidney rationally explained to her.

“You-you’re serious?” Phoebe asked flabbergasted.

“Fuck yeah I’m serious. I want to marry you and I don’t want to wait anymore. We’ll avoid the drama and the stress and we’ll do it here. Our entire relationship has been between you and me, why change that now? Weddings are the most intimate part of a relationship and I really don’t care if anyone’s at it. I just care that you are.”

Phoebe wanted to say something but couldn’t find the words. Her heart was racing and her skin was on fire. She had knots in her stomach and her mind was running a mile a minute. Her jaw fell open and Sidney waited for her to speak. He was afraid he’d pushed her too far. He wasn’t sure if she felt like it was too ridiculous; too quick. Right at the moment when Sidney was going to attempt to save himself, Phoebe’s lips curved into a huge smile. “…Yes.”

Sidney wasn’t sure he believed what he just heard. He smiled a huge genuine smile and stared her in the eyes. “You’re sure?” he asked her anxiously.

She nodded her head. “I am. I’m sure. Let’s do it! I want to marry you…I…I think this is the best idea you’ve ever had!”

“You don’t feel pressured right? I didn’t push you-“

“No!” Phoebe interjected. “I want this. I love you.”

Without another word Sidney scooted up and slammed his lips into hers. “You really mean it?” he asked excitedly in between chaste kisses. “Of course I do,” Phoebe giggled as she ran her fingers through his sun soaked locks. “So as much as I love lying here on the beach with you…let’s go shopping!” she squealed.

A grin spread across Sidney’s face. “Let’s go.” He got to his feet and helped Phoebe stand up with him. They grabbed their blanket and with Sidney’s hand wrapped securely around Phoebe’s, went back to their room to change. As they opened their door Phoebe laughed. “I can’t believe we’re getting married! You aren’t going to change your mind right?”

“Hell no baby,” he answered her as he pulled a shirt over his perfectly ripped body. Sid walked over to Phoebe as she was pulling up a pair of shorts and wrapped his arms around her. “Listen, when we get to the mall we’ll head straight for Tiffany’s and pick out our wedding rings. After that we have to split up for a little, you need to get your dress and I have some things I need to pick up. Is that okay with you?”

“Tif- Tiffany and Company?” Phoebe asked in a pleasant shock.

Sid couldn’t hold in laugher. “Unless you have a problem with it,” he teased.

“No, no that’s…that’s…” she sighed. “Yes, I would love that.” She composed herself nicely. The thought of being in Tiffany’s and having the ability to pick out whatever wedding ring she wanted…well, it was a little more than she expected. Enough to catch any girl and take her breath away. “I just…well, you know, we don’t have Tiffany’s in the mall back in the burgh.”

“Yeah, I didn’t think you’d mind that.”

“I definitely don’t, oh my gosh!” she squealed. “I’m so excited!”

“And it’s really okay with you that you’re going to be picking out your dress by yourself? It isn’t going to bother you that you don’t have your mom or sister or anyone? I don’t want to do this if you aren’t one hundred percent happy.” Sidney was seeking approval, he didn’t want to back out but he held Phoebe’s happiness above everything else.

“Shhh,” Phoebe placed her index finger gently over his plump lips. “I’m marrying you. Everything you said before…I want it. It’s always been you and me, and I wouldn’t change that for anyone.” Phoebe reached up and slowly brought her lips to his. She kissed him passionately in a kiss that started slowly but picked up with the heat burning between them. “Now can we please go? Because, I’m getting married tomorrow and I have a lot to get done!”

*****

After picking out their wedding rings together, Phoebe was on a mission to find the perfect dress to marry Sidney in. Phoebe was overwhelmed with choices. There were so many dresses to decide from that she was having a difficult time coming to any conclusions. There were big dresses and satin dresses. Lacey ones and silk ones. Some were heavier, others were light and airy. She was never this serious about marrying Mike because to her recollection she never even thought about the dress she would marry him in. This was different and she wanted it to be perfect. She wanted to take Sidney’s breath away.

After about twenty minutes she had weeded through the dresses and knew she wanted something simple and something very comfortable. They were going to be married on the beach at sunset. It was just the two of them. That was all she wanted. The perfect dress wasn’t going to be elaborate and huge. The question was what the hell was it supposed to be. When Phoebe was about to start panicking, she saw the dress that she would say her vows to Sidney in. It was a similar feeling to when she met Sidney, she just knew.

It was everything she didn’t know she could have imagined. It was stretchy white silk that had spaghetti straps, a v-neck and an empire waist silhouette. It was long and the hem would glide across the sand. Shoes weren’t necessary, as she wanted to feel the sand between her toes. Both she and Sidney wanted the wedding as intimate and personal as possible; they wanted it to be them. She couldn’t believe Sid was going to be able to put everything together but he told her to trust him and she knew she could.

Phoebe went into the dressing room and slipped the dress on. When she looked at her reflection in the mirror she got the confirmation she needed to know that this dress was the dress she was meant to marry Sidney in; it fit like a glove. She admired herself in the mirror, not out of vanity, but because it was sinking in that she was getting her happy ending…and it was so much better than she ever hoped it would be.

Phoebe immediately purchased the dress and found a sparkly simple headband to accessorize with. There wasn’t much else she could say or do; she had her dream outfit for her wedding day. She headed back to the hotel as Sidney had left the car for her; he needed more time and had arranged his own way back. With time to spare and all the shopping she needed to do finished, she headed to the spa for a pedicure and massage. He had given her instructions to relax after all.

They had signed the license and now all that was left was marriage. Phoebe couldn’t wrap her mind around that and she couldn’t stop smiling. She blissfully glided back to their room only to find it empty. She yelled for Sidney but it wasn’t hard to see that he wasn’t there. She saw a piece of paper on the perfectly made bed and went over to see what it was. She picked up the white sheet and smiled as she read the words from the familiar handwriting.

My beautiful Bride-

I cannot wait to marry you! This time tomorrow you’ll be my wife. I want to do this somewhat traditional: I’m staying in another room tonight; I don’t want to see you until you are walking down the aisle towards me. I’ve arranged for someone to come to the room to do your hair and make-up. Expect some other surprises…

I’ll see you tomorrow…I love you so much…


Phoebe took in a deep breath to settle the butterflies in her stomach and pressed the beautiful note to her heart. She wasn’t going to see Sidney on this last night of singleness…and she also wasn’t going to have anyone to eat dinner with. She changed into her pajamas, which happened to include one of Sidney’s t-shirts, put on a movie and ordered room service. She knew she should fall asleep early but she was too excited to let it overcome her. Finally Phoebe fell asleep to the faint scent of her fiancé knowing that when she fell asleep the following night, she’d be in his arms and he’d be her husband.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if this is dreadfully boring!! It's transitional...I promise you that the next chapter will be much better. Regardless, I hope you enjoy it!

It's officially my birthday! So, since you guys are so friggin fantastic, make it a great one and comment...and those of you who haven't checked out my Zach sequel, consider it? Hope you guys had a fantastic Memorial Day wknd! :)

xoxo Jenna