Gravity

Sweet Dream

Jacob Black woke up to the sound of screaming.

As soon as he realized it was Charlotte, he dodged out of the bed in the guest room at her house, down the hall, nearly tripping because of moving to fast, and rushed into her room, where he turned on the light beside the doorframe.

She wasn't being attacked, but she was thrashing, and screaming against nothing.

"Char." He called, rushing to her, and trying to wake her up, and she kept screaming, and saying words he couldn't understand because she was talking so fast. "Charlotte!" He repeated, he was afraid she'd hit him, with her arms flailing around, not because he didn't want to get hurt, but because from past experience: girls tended to break bones when they hit him. "Charlotte!" He demanded again, grabbing onto her one arm gently, he could hear Brian crying in another room, and Charlotte's dad bounded into her room.

"What's wrong?!" He demanded.

"She's having a nightmare, don't worry, I'll take care of her." Jacob said, her dad nodded, this wasn't the first time Charlotte did this, she's had the same nightmare, and reaction the last three nights since she's been home. Jacob grabbed gently onto her other casted arm, and her dad closed the door, probably to hush her screams from a now screaming and crying baby Brian.

"Charlotte!" He said again firmly, his face inches from hers, and her eyes snapped open, wild with terror. She gasped for air, and he let go of her casted wrist, but ran his thumb soothingly over her other wrist.

"I'm sorry." She said, after calming down.

He smiled gently at her, "It's fine."

She shook her head, "I never had this problem at the hospital." She mumbled.

"That's because at the hospital you were knocked out by meds at night." He responded, gently moving the damp, sweaty hair from her face.

She shook her head, "I still have to take medication for sleep."

"Only one though. At the hospital you took three before you went to sleep, all of them were a lot stronger." He pointed out, and she nodded slowly, "Same dream?" He asked, and she nodded again. She had constant nightmares about her attackers finding her, and hurting her again. Whether it was at night, or during the day when she tried to take a nap to catch up on sleep, she had the nightmare. "They're not going to get you Char." He practically whispered to her, moving so he was sitting on the side of her bed, as opposed to kneeling on the ground.

"I know, I know. 'You won't let them'." She said, quoting the sentence he had said to her multiple times over the last few days.

"I won't." He shrugged, "Want me to stay until you fall asleep?" He asked, already knowing the answer. She nodded her head, and moved so he could lay down as well. She curled up next to him, nuzzling her face into his side.

He had been surprised the first time she asked him to stay until she was asleep. Dr Cullen had told him multiple times that he'd have to restrain from too much physicaly contact with Charlotte, so the fact she needed him there kind of surprised him. He didn't ask why she was okay with it though, he wasn't complaining. Her dad did make a rule though when Jacob took up residence in the guest bedroom, one that told Jacob he wasn't to be sleeping in Charlotte's room with her at night; a rule most dads would make.

She fell asleep after forty minutes. Jacob learned that rubbing her back, or playing with her hair made it easier for her to sleep. He got up quietly, shut off the light, and went back to his room.

A half an hour later, after tossing and turning, his phone buzzed on the night stand. He furrowed his eyebrows, wondering who would call him at five AM. But, when he read the caller ID, he couldn't of answered the phone faster.

"Carlisle." He answered.

"Hi Jacob, I'm sorry for calling you so early." Carlisle responded.

"No, it's fine, what's up?" Jacob asked, knowing that Carlisle wouldn't call unless if it was something related to Charlotte.

"I know that Charlotte's father talked to you about the possibility that Charlotte may get AIDS," Carlisle started, "But, I came up with an idea, and called Alice." He said, and Jacob sat up at the mention of Alice, who could see into the future.

"Okay," Jacob said, urging him on.

"I asked her to look into my future, and she saw me get the test results. Charlotte doesn't have AIDS, Jacob." He said, and a huge smile broke out on Jacob's face, "But, she did see something else." Carlisle added, and Jacob immediately furrowed his eyebrows at Carlisle's tone.

"What else did she see?" Jacob asked hesitantly.

"Charlotte is pregnant." Carlisle said after a moment. Jacob's eyes widened.

"No, that's impossible! Ben said that they gave her the morning after pill so she can't get pr-"

"I can assure you that she can get pregnant, even after taking the morning after pill. It decreases the chances, but it's not a one hundred percent guarantee Jacob." Carlisle reasoned, and Jacob threw his head back, not knowing what to say or do.

"Well what else? Did Alice see what will happen after Charlotte finds out she's pregnant?" Jacob said, whispering the last part, as if someone was on the other side of the door listening.

"Yes, but remember Jacob, all of Alice's visions aren't completely accurate. Obviously they are medical wise, but anyone can change their mind." Carlisle stated, "In Alice's vision Charlotte wants to keep the baby."

Jacob bit his lip, "Okay, keep it as in: keep it, and put it up for adoption, or keep it, and raise it."

"I'm not sure. All Alice saw was me telling Charlotte, since Charlotte is only a couple of weeks in, she would be able to legally get an abortion, so in the vision I explained that to Charlotte, and she refused." Carlisle explained.

Jacob sighed shakily. He wanted to believe that Charlotte would give the baby up for adoption, he couldn't imagine her wanting a constant reminder of being raped. But, something told him she'd want to keep it, that Charlotte being the good natured person she is, would feel either to guilty, or to attached to give the baby up.

"I plan on telling her during her next appointment, since I'll be getting those results in a couple of days anyway."

"Isn't it to early for you to be able to tell she's pregnant?" Jacob asked.

"Usually, yes. But, since we've been doing a lot of blood work, and got urine samples from her, the pregnancy results will come back as positive."

Jacob sighed, "Her dad thought we dodged that bullet. He said she couldn't get pregnant."

"A lot of people depend on the Plan B pills Jacob. Just like they depend solely on birth control and don't expect to get an STI. Or like how they use only a condom, and think that will prevent both pregnancy, and an STI. It works most of the time, Charlotte unfortunately is in the five percent that gets pregnant, even after taking the pill." Carlisle explained.

"Okay." Jacob said, nodding his head, "Alright, thanks Carlisle." He didn't really know what he was thanking him for, since he didn't have only good news.

They hung up after saying good bye, and Jacob tossed the phone onto the carpeted floor, then laid back down on the bed. He knew he wouldn't be able to fall back asleep, his mind was going at a hundred miles a minute. The words Carlisle said replaying in his head over and over again.

Charlotte is pregnant.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was NOT planning to make Charlotte pregnant. Don't ask me where this came from!
Comments would be great, since this is kind of a big chapter and alllll.

P.S. I got Blackhawks vs. Sens tickets. Now Patrick Kane will definitely see me, and you know... fall in love with me, lol