Status: Active

You've Got to Hide Your Love Away

I kept my distance, but that distance is too far

Billie was outside of Ava's bus, again. It might have seemed a bit suspicious, but he'd been pretty good at hiding his coming and goings from Mike and Tre. He knew none of her band members would be here now, so he just walked in.

He heard a soft melody coming from the back of the bus, a little bit of out of time guitar accompanied by an all too familiar voice. He grinned, walking through the aisle littered with empty Dorritos bags and plenty of chips crumbs to account for them along with some scattered dirty underwear.

The back room was separated from the rest of the bus by a single curtain, but Ava had left it open. Billie leaned against the doorjam, folding his arms over his chest as he watched her. Her back was turned, and her long red hair was uncharacteristically curly and un-styled, cascading over the back of her black t-shirt. She sat on a stool, her feet propped up on the couch edge as she strummed her guitar and gazed out the window. She'd left her cigarette stub barely burning in the astray beside her.

The song was soft and melancholy, but her voice was still strong, parading on through the somewhat harsh guitar. The chords rung out, strong and sure, filling the bus as they progressed.

“I've watched you from the distance/never knew what I was missing/Til that distance got too far/And now I need to know, just who you are.”

Finally, the chords resolved as she gave the guitar one final strum, letting the notes resonate. Even when the last one had faded, she didn't move her gaze from the window.

“You finished the song.” Billie spoke.

“I did.” She nodded, not startled by his presence. She must have known he was there.

“It's good.” He offered, not just because he felt the need to fill the silence, but because he actually meant it.

“It's not what I would usually play.” She answered, pushing away his compliment. He brushed off the rejection, he hadn't exactly expected her to accept musical advice from him anyway.

“I know.” He moved to sit in front of her. If she wasn't going to face him, he didn't plan on talking to her back anymore. “That doesn't change my opinion.”

She tore her gaze away from the window and smiled before looking away to place her guitar on the ground, sitting up.

“What's it about?”

“I think you already know.” She stared, smoldering him with the heat.

“That's what I thought.” He grinned mischievously.

“Then why'd you ask?” She prompted, trying to keep the smile that was pulling at the corners of her mouth.

“Just checking to make sure my actions would be welcomed,” He answered, leaning all the way forward to take her face in his hands and his lips with hers. When their lips touched, he could feel her upturned smirk soften and conform to his. Her hands moved up around his neck as she opened her mouth, allowing his tongue to slip between her lips. Ava moaned lightly and he dropped his hands to the stool legs, pulling her seat closer to the couch and almost throwing her off balance. She giggled at that. Fucking giggled. He didn't know that THE Ava Watson could giggle.

Her hands moved to his face, repositioning his mouth that had moved a little off target in the process. His hands ghosted up her bare legs to her waist, taking a firm hold on her hips and lifting her from the stool onto the couch next to him. Her eyes popped open for a second in surprise, but fluttered close again as she let herself trust him to hold her.

Her lips moved from his, kissing the side of his mouth, then his jaw line, then his neck. She turned so that he back was against the arm of the couch, pulling him down on top of her by bunching up his shirt collar in her fist. He groaned, moving his hands on her hips to bunch up that black-t-shirt and pull it over her head. His hands worked slow, teasing each inch of bare skin along the way. He could see the tip of a black tattoo on her left hip. He sat back a little, breaking their kisses to pull the shirt over her head. Ava lifted her arms to help him get it off, then shook her hair back into place before going back to work on the spot she'd chosen on his neck.

He shivered, feeling her lips against his pulse like welt velvet. He reached around her back, unclasping her bra and throwing that aside with the shirt. She pressed her naked chest against his and her bare breasts against his thin t-shirt nearly drove him mad. He pulled back again to pull off his shirt, Ava watching him with a certain scrutiny that made him a little uncomfortable. He tried to shrug off the feeling as he bent his head down and planted wet kisses on her bare breasts.

Ava took hold of his hair, pulling at the ends as she was starting to get a little worked up. He couldn't deny that he felt the same, and Ava knew it as she felt his arousal through the fabric of the jeans against her bare leg.

“We have to move.” He managed to get out between kisses and ragged breaths.

“Where?” She asked urgently, a little breathless too. That was a nice ego boost.

He surveyed the room quickly, but didn't find any great options. As a last resort, he stood up from the couch and tried to free his feet from his high tops while unbuckling his belt. Ava laughed outright at the site of him doing a desperate, hopping, strip dance. Her head rolled back, hair falling over the arm of the couch and breasts jiggling as she drew in breath.

“Ha-ha.” He deadpanned, still trying to toe out of his sneakers, nearly tripping over all of abandoned drum sticks and records scattered over the floor. “You gonna help me, or what?”

“I dunno. I'm really enjoying the view.” She stopped laughing and propped herself up by her elbows, eyes dark.

“Come on, Ava. We both know I'm not smart enough to get out of this one on my own.”

“Men and their one track minds.” She sighed in mock frustration, bending down to unlace his right shoe, then pulling it with both hands and flinging it across the room. She did the same with the left, the pulled down his jeans and boxers.

He yelped in triumph as he stepped out of the pile of fabric and jumped back onto the couch. Ava screeched as he nearly landed on her, grabbing at her bare stomach. She laughed as he tickled her, kicking at him and flopping around like a fucking fish out of water. Amidst her laughing, Ava arched her back as if one cue and one of his hands snuck around to pull down her silky shorts and panties in one fluid movement. With the shorts gone, he could tell that the tattoo was a blackbird, mid-flight.

And suddenly, everything was skin to skin and the tension that filled the air became almost tangible. He looked into her eyes, and what he saw kinda made him do a double take. They had the wisdom of years, but the naivety of a child at the same time. They looked both trusting and doubtful. He never knew that one person could be so many different people at once.

But then again, he'd never met anyone like Ava before, and she really was turning his whole world upside down.

He smiled softly, the right corner of his mouth going up in a smirk as he brushed a few stray tendrils of hair behind her ear. He nudged her legs apart with his knee and situated himself in between them. She moaned against his lips as he entered her, swiveling her hips beneath him.

Admits the pleasure, there was a brief moment of guilt. Billie pressed his eyes closed and buried his face in Ava's neck, kissing just beneath her ear, making her shiver.

Hell, there was no backing out now, so he might as well enjoy himself.

Not that it made him any less of a bastard, which he was ready to openly admit at this point.

Then he leaned down and kissed her, and it felt like a fucking switch turned on. Something was unleashed inside them both, an animal switch that ignited some abandoned flame. The pace became more fluid, and she felt so good he forgot his own name for a few seconds, let alone the guilt he'd been harboring just seconds ago.

He was fucking her in earnest, their eyes wide open and on one another. Every time he moved inside her she moved beneath him in just the right way, swiveling her hips or pushing her pelvis against his, using one foot on the ground to brace herself.

“Fuck, Billie,” She whispered, and he watched all of the emotions transform her features. She was nearly panting.

“Is that good?” He asked, reaching one hand down between their bodies to play with her clit. She nearly purred, arching her back.

“Yeah, baby,” She whispered distantly. “Oh God,”

“Come for me, Ava.” He said, wrapping her legs around his waist.

“Billie-” She panted, hands reaching up to grab onto his hair.

“Come on, Ava,” He breathed, his hands applying a constant pressure against her that nearly made her writhe. He knew he couldn't hold off much longer. Ava was so close, so close-

“Fuck!” He moaned as he felt her walls closing in around him. He came at nearly the same time she did, each only distantly aware of the other. Billie watched as Ava's stomach trembled with the orgasm, reaching down again to stroke her clit until the trembling ceased.

He grabbed her hips and flipped them over in a fluid motion so that she wasn't taking all over his weight. He could see the sweat that had formed along her hairline, and stroked the tangled mat of hair affectionately while she took in shallow breaths.

She kissed him with as much passion as she could muster, seeing as both of them felt pretty close to death at this point. She broke the kiss and rested her head against his chest, her hair and face sticking to his skin with sweat. The rise and fall of his breathing was a soothing rocking.

“Ava?”

She pulled her face from his sweaty chest, willing him not to say anything stupid. Couldn't men ever just ride out the post-orgasmic afterglow shit?

“Hm?”

“I'm glad you're here.”

She smiled. “Me too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its been kinda a long wait guys, i was busy wrapping up school shit before spring break :)

thanks you for all of the comments, as always, you guys rock!