A Wolf's Mate

Epilogue

“You will NOT talk about my mate that way!” Samuel says, eyes narrowed as he glares at Kane.

“Look, you hired me to do a job. Do you want me to do it or not?” Kane demands, throwing his arms into the air in exasperation.

“Why did you really come here?” Samuel questions, suddenly growing suspicious. Kane grins and shows off two canine teeth. “Who are you…werewolf?”

“My name is Kane Taroma, alpha of pack Saiyan.” Kane says, standing up straight. Kanashii looks up at him at that.

“You belong to my mother’s pack?” Kanashii says after she had transformed.

“Hahaha! You’re joking, right?” Kane says, throwing his head back to laugh before turning to look at Kanashii with a grin on his face. Kanashii looks confused got a minute, then understanding dawns on her.

“What…what is Kane short for?” Kanashii demands, suddenly growing worried.

“Clever girl. You guessed it. My full name is Kanaya Taroma.” Kane says, grinning. Samuel raises at eyebrow in surprise.

*Jealous one?* Samuel questions, looking back at Kanashii in surprise.

*Yeah well…my aunt never was very good at choosing names.* Kanashii says with a mental shrug. Samuel looks at her with horror.

*AUNT?!?!?* Samuel demands, looking at her with something akin to surprise. Kanashii sighs as she looks back at Kane.

“So…what is it that you want?” Kanashii demands, looking at Kane with narrowed eyes.

“To kill the next in line for the title.” Kane says with a nonchalant shrug.

“Huh?” Samuel asks, looking at the two of them with clear confusion on his face. Kanashii smiles at him.

“Well, you see…The alphahood was supposed to pass to my mother since she is the older of my aunts, but to the fact that she died. The crown is supposed to be passed to me. My guess is that he is the temporary alpha until they were able to find me.” Kanashii says in a voice that states how old news this is to her. Samuel looks shocked.

“So, you plan on killing her so that the crown will pass to you?” Samuel questions, turning to look at Kane with narrowed eyes. Kane merely smiles evilly.

“You guessed it.” Kane says, nodding in approval. Samuel steps in front of Kanashii.

“I won’t let you.” Samuel says with all the force of an alpha wolf protecting its mate.

“My fight is not with you, wolf. So step aside and let me dear cousin fight her own battles!” Kane says, glaring at Samuel.

“NEVER!” Samuel says in an angry tone.

Meanwhile, Kanashii is standing behind Samuel, tapping her foot in impatience.

“Will the two of you STOP!! I have no intention of becoming alpha of that blood thirst pack. You guys could all go out and drown yourselves for all I care!” Kanashii says with a growl in her voice. Both the males stop to look at her.

“But cuz! A whole pack!” Kane says, eyes wide with surprise. Kanashii looks at him, confused.

“Weren’t you just threatening to KILL me?” Kanashii questions, eyes wide in confusion. Kane grins and steps toward the door.

“So long as you stay away from the pack. I do not care if you are alive.” Kane says with a wave before he transforms and jumps out the window that was behind him. Suddenly, the whole building begins to shake.

“What the hell?! What’s going on?” Samuel shouts, eyes wide as he grasps the table to keep his balance. Kanashii’s eyes go wide, and she transforms before running off toward the room that Kane had been using. Before she even makes it down the steps, Samuel’s right next to her. *What’s wrong?* he asks, worry in his voice as he runs next to her.

*Just a bad feeling. I'm not completely sure yet.* Kanashii says. As soon as they get to the room, Kanashii throws the door open and runs inside. She instantly goes into attack mode when she sees all the blood and body parts lying all over the room. She ignores it and walks toward the briefcase sitting against the far wall. *I was right.*

*About what?* Samuel questions, looking at her in confusion. She walks over to it and quickly transforms into her human shape. She unlocks the briefcase, and opens to it reveal, *A BOMB!!!* Samuel shouts, eyes wide in horror as he watches the numbers slowly decrease on the small clock.

“Yep, and a pretty advanced one at that. I do not think I will be able to deactivate it though.” Kanashii says with a sorrowful look on her face. He eyes grow wide when the clock begins to tick on the bomb. “Damn!” she shouts as she runs out of the room and out the door just in time. When she gets about five feet from the building, it explodes. She goes flying backward and suddenly slams up against something. When she looks up, she sighs with relief when she sees Samuel. “That was one of the more powerful ones.” She says with a sigh. “He’s gotten better.” She says in a quiet voice. Samuel sets her on her feet, and pulls her up against him.

“Well, I guess we should try to find a new home.” Samuel says with a resigned note to his voice as he looks at their destroyed home.

“I suppose….hey Sam?” Kanashii asks, looking up at him.

“What is it?” Samuel asks, looking at her with a sorrowful expression.

“Could we go to my pack? I really would like to see my father.” Kanashii says in a timid voice. Samuel’s quiet for a moment before sighing in defeat.

“Very well.” Samuel says. They both transform and run to the packs cave. Kanashii slowly enters the cave. Her father walks toward the two of them. Kanashii lies down on her belly and whines.

“How DARE you bring a lone-wolf to the cave!” her father shouts, aggression clear on his face.

*But father! He’s my mate…* Kanashii says in a soft voice that pleads for understanding. Her father goes quiet for a moment before turning to Samuel.

“So you are her choice.” Her father says, looking Samuel’s wolf form up and down with inspecting eyes.

*Yes.* Samuel says, standing proudly. Her father circles around him a few times, inspecting him. When he finishes, he turns to Kanashii.

“He is strongly built. I understand your choice.” Her father says with a nod. He walks away from the two of them. Samuel looks at Kanashii in confusion when he had gotten a good distance away from the two of them.

*That was….interesting….* Samuel says with confused eyes. Kanashii smiles before running up to him. She nips his nose.

*Come and get me, if you can.* Kanashii says as she turns and runs away from him. He smiles and runs out of the cave after her.
♠ ♠ ♠
well, heres the final chapter sorry it took me soooo long to finish this story :/ it really shouldnt have taken more than a few months since i had everything written out before i even started typing it. well anyway. thats for all those of you that have dealt with my insufficient amount of updates and hope you'll go read some of my other stories if you havent already :)
Peace!!
KcA