Sequel: Chasing our Fate

You Can't Fight Fate

Good luck

I quickly wiped away my salty tears, feeling foolish that I was crying in the first place over something that happened years ago. It was hard for me to accept the fact that because I was born, my dad never had the chance to live his dreams. I see him watch other bands and I could just tell he wishes that could have been Chasing Fate. It was even harder with die-hard fans. When I wasn’t in my parents plans and they never got to where they wanted to because of it.

I sat at the edge of the bed, unsure of what to do next. Moments later, I heard a faint knock on the door. I quickly turned to the window to hide my puffy, red eyes.

“Stevvie…” I heard Nick’s soft voice coo to my surprise. I was expecting my parents or Johnny. I stayed quiet, too embarrassed to reply to him. Before I knew it, I felt his bed sink down next to me at his weight.

“So…” he began to say.

“It’s stupid Nick. I don’t want to talk about it because I know I shouldn’t feel this way,” I muttered before he could finish, “you wouldn’t understand anyway.”

“Well, in a since I don’t,” he stated, “but, in another since, I think I do. It’s like my diabetes.”

“How?” I asked, genuinely curious.

A slight smile formed on Nick’s face as he turned to face me. He took my hands and spread them palm side up. Then, he placed his PDM in one.

“It’s simple, I don’t think I intended to get diabetes and I’m sure you never intended on coming early,” he began to push buttons on his PDM, I assumed he was checking his blood sugar. “I’ve been off all day. It’s getting annoying,” he muttered, “Anyway, neither of us had control of it.”Nick unzipped a little pouch that held his vials, needles and pills. He popped one open and slipped it into his mouth, jumping up to grab the diet coke on his dresser.

“But…it did…and it was our fate, and you can’t fight fate. God gave me a blessing in disguise….now I get to inspire and help so many kids so they don’t feel alone and they don’t feel like diabetes is a curse,” he continued. I watched him prick his finger as if it was nothing, “…and I guess God wanted you to make an early arrival and that was Chasing Fate’s destiny. Think about it, if Chasing Fate made it big, would Todd ever have created Jatsa records? Now, he gets to make so many artists and musicians’ dreams come true.”

I bunched my eyebrows together, reflecting on Nick’s statements. Nick raised his eyebrows slightly, waiting for my response. I chuckled to myself at his boyish messy hair. I loved it when he didn’t do anything to it, and the fact that he still hadn’t gotten a hair cut.

“Stevvie, I could get mad and frustrated because I have to prick my fingers fifty-billion times a day because it gets annoying honestly, but I can’t hide the fact that I have diabetes. It’s a big part of my life and I chose to accept it and embrace it, just like you can.”

“Despite what you think, there’s so much beauty in that story and in that simple song. One little mistake…just one, created you,” he smiled as he caressed my cheek softly,”…the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on.”

I bit my lip and look away, knowing I was probably turning bright crimson.

“Wow...I-I don’t know what to say…I guess I’ve thought of it that way. You’re amazing…I mean, for the first time…I can feel okay about this whole thing…thank you for that…you think I’m beautiful?”

Nick gave me a shy smile and nodded. A giggle slipped from my mouth, causing Nick to chuckle. I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a tight hug. I might have just maybe kissed him on the cheek…and well,(if my plans are about to go correctly) one thing should lead to another….

<->

“You‘re too adorable Stevvie, I can’t take it. You have no idea how much I missed you,” I replied to her though laughs. Butterflies swarmed my stomach as her sweet aroma distracted me. I noticed she smelled differently, but I couldn’t tell what had changed. I held her hands and gazed into her eyes. Finally making my decision, I moved a piece of her hair from her face and leaned in to kiss her. I was filled with excitement and anticipation, only to be shot down by a familiar…deep and slightly irritated voice.

“Stephanie darling,” Todd cleared his throat and called out.

I froze in my position, just centimeters from Stevvie’s lips. Instantly, I removed my hands away from her body, and stood up to greet him. I only hoped her dad didn’t realize my intentions.

“H-Hi, Mr. Jameson,” I jutted my hand out to shake his. His eyed me up and down and ignored my hand instead, “…um, St-Stevvie’s okay now.”

Todd glared at me in a somewhat disapproving manner with an eyebrow cocked. I decided the best thins was to shut my mouth. All the times when Stevvie mentioned how he was a bit overbearing when it came to her and boys came flooding back to me.

“Hey Todd,” she stated, surprisingly calm, “don’t worry, I fine now. Nicholas helped a lot.”

Stevvie smiled at me flirtatiously, causing me to cringe mentally since it was right in front of her dad, and she just wanted him to kill me didn’t she?

“I bet he did…honey, why don’t you go help Denise and Jennifer make dinner,” Todd suggested.

“Okay, come on Nick,” she grabbed my hand, urged me to go.

“Actually, Nicholas…I haven’t gotten a chance to talk to you…privately.”

I sighed at his statement. I knew it was coming…”The Talk,”…the infamous Father to boy-who-must-be-crazy-enough-to-mess-with-my-daughter talk that could make or break a relationship. I luckily haven’t had many, but the fact that Todd was my Idol freaked me out.

“Oh come on Todd! What am I? 14?,” Stevie complained, “I’m a grown woman, and seriously, it’s just Nick.”

Stevvie stood up to her father; they eyed each other jokingly from what I could tell.

“You know you’re not going to be able to keep up with that little act of yours,” she decided, “plus, Nick’s not intimidated.”

They both looked at each me expectantly.

“Oh trust me sir, I’m intimated,” I assured him.

Todd smiled smugly at his daughter.

“You hear that Stephanie…hmmm….this should be fun…”

I looked to the ceiling and prayed God to look over me and watched Todd nudge Stevvie out of the room.

<->

“…so, you’re saying you have never kissed my daughter…” Todd asked for the fourth time.
Nick sighed and shook his head. “No sir.”

“…But, you were going to when I came in right?” he asked.

Nick’s eyes widened. “…ummm...”

“Yes, that’s what I thought…Nicholas you are aware you aren’t even dating her yet? Which means I have a reason to have a problem with you trying to make a move on my daughter in your room with the door closed…right?” odd asked sternly.

Nick bowed his head in embarrassment. “Sir…I’m sorry…um, I really wasn’t thinking, and I understand why you would be upset. It won’t happen again.”

Todd narrowed his eyes at me.

“You really like my daughter don’t you?”

He nodded his head, “She’s all I think about sir…can I say something?”

“Of course,” he replied, crossing his arms.

“Look…I know you probably think I’m sucking up to you sir, but I promise that I’m not. I understand your concern over our relationship…we had a rough patch, but Stevvie’s an incredible woman and I’m crazy about her. I can’t promise a perfect relationship, but I can promise you that I will try my best to make her happy.”

Todd didn’t rely for what seemed like forever, he just sat there with his hand on his chin as if he were thinking. Finally, with a sigh he spoke.

“Son, I’m not concern isn’t over you dating her…you’re a good boy with good morals. But, maybe I’m just an old fart because of this…it’s just the fact that my little girl is exactly what you said…a woman now and I’m just having a little trouble trying to accept it. This whole thing with dating just turned a lot more serious ever since…now I have no control over whom she dates…as if I ever did in the first place. Anyway, all I can say is her favorite flowers are white roses, she likes tickle fights and…good luck because with her, you’re going to need it.”

I took in the information he gave me with a smile. A few seconds later, he stood up and gave me a pat on my shoulder. Though he didn’t say anything, I could tell it was his was of my approval. He genuinely liked me.

“Why?” I couldn’t help but ask.

As Todd was exiting my door, he looked back with a smirk. “Oh, you’ll see…she’s a handful…but I think you can handle her.”

With that, he left…leaving slightly confused and very curious.

<->

I let out an impatient sigh while mixing a batter of cookie dough. My dad and Nicholas had been in his room for the past hour talking. I only assumed it was about me since he caught us almost kissing. I wanted Nick to kiss me so bad, frustration surged though my body when he walked in.

Finally, my dad’s raspy voice soared jokingly over everyone else’s conversations, causing me to jump.

“All right, Nick and I are going to hit up the court…this boy thinks he can beat me. Who wants to watch?”

Nick sauntered in with a cocky look on his face and his arms crossed. I smiled at him when he made eye contact with me. I bit my lip at how good he looked in his black Henley shirt and gray sweat pants. They must have had a lazy day with the family because all of them wear as equally under dressed as we were.

“Hey,” he stated as he walked up to me.

“Hey,” I replied.

“So…I really missed you,” he said, “can we both agree never to do this again?”

I smiled up at him, “Absolutely.”

I also noticed his eyes were still a bit red from us crying earlier, I didn’t even want to see mine.

“Good…I’m glad you came here…thank you for apologizing.”

“Me too…,” I replied, “Um, no thank you for forgiving me.”

“Like I could ever not forgive you,” he stated, “you kind of have me just a little bit addicted to you…I don’t know what it is, but I just couldn’t let go. I could be the fact that I never wanted to…maybe it was just my competitive side? You actually made me work to get you to like me…or were you just faking it and you thought I was so dreamy all along?”

I scoffed at his sarcasm. “Trust me babe, if I was faking…do you really think I’d be holding out on you for so long. I just know how irresistible you think my soft skin and blue eyes are”

“Don’t think I don’t see how you look at me when I have my shirt off...besides Storm told me you had a massive crush on me before we met...and by the way…its your smell and curves that I find irresistible,” he murmured in my ear, “I like them…I don’t know why, but just the way you tease me when you show them off drives me crazy…its sexy.”

My jaw dropped as he walked away. Was Nick Jonas actually talking naughty to me and did he really just call me sexy? Where did my too polite little virgin boy who could never say sexy without laughing go? I didn’t hear a laugh and he sounded completely serious. Things have definitely gone back to normal…maybe just a little more intense too. School was going to be very interesting once we got back…oh boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D ha! I love the ending lol
You guise are lacking in comments I'm afraid...:) So, I'm putting you guise up to a challenge! would it be too much to ask for at least one comment from every reader...just so I can see who actually still reading and just this once pwease. even if its just a ":)" or something. but don't refrain from stating what you think like you know "Oh yeah, I love that part!" or something. I'm trying to write the sequel and I want to know what exactly you guise want to have more of..k?? Thank you guise so much for sticking to this story, there's still a couple more chapters but I'm sad and happy to say it is indeed coming to an end.