Nights Torn by Sunset

A Close One

"Ryleigh." Embry sanged my name.
"Yes, Embry?"
He gave me a funny look for 5 seconds and shook it off and countined to what he was going to tell me.
"We're going cliff diving today, right after skewl. You coming?" He had a smile on his face while asking.
"ah man, sounds great, buuuttt-"
"But? What do yu mean buuuttt?" he imatted me, " You always come with us to go cliff diving."

"Thank you for interuppting me." I raised my eyebrow.
"Sorry"
I smile.
"I would come, but .. My mom is leaving  to Texas and she will be gone for 5 months" 
"Ohhh. I understand. I'll make sure to tell ." he paused for a second. "no, wait nevermind." and with that he walked off. 

Strange kid.

Not even one step I  take and I hear my name being sanged again.

"Gee is today sing Ryleigh's name day?" 
"Oh, stop grumpy." Bailey smiles.
I took a deep breath and let it out. 
"Yes, Bailey?"
She gave me the same look embry did not to long ago.
"We're going -"
"I JUST told embry I couldn't go." i laughed. "I have to go, but I'll see yu later." 

I walked off from her and headed to the cafetira.

I saw Jacob, Paul, and Jared sitting at a table and I immedtly smiled when I seen Paul look up at me. I made my way over to their table when Blaine, Junior Jock, stood up in front of me and blocked me from walking. Paul quickly stood up.

"Where do yu think yur going?"
"To your moms house! Where else stupid?" A couple of his friends  laughed at my remark. Blaine shot them a look and they quickly stopped laughing and looked down at their plates. 
"Look, I don't have time for your pathetic crap, OK? So move out if my way." I tried walking pass him, but he would block me.

I sighed.

"Blaine, leave her alone." One of his friends spoke up.
"Shut up!"
"Maybe you should listen to him."
Paul said in a serious tone. 
I smiled to myself that he came over here to help.
 
"Or what? Go back to your steroid wannabe friends, yeah?"
I rolled my eyes at his comeback
"Suck on it, Blaine." 
"Suck on me, Ryleigh."
I scoffed and crossed my arms.
"Your so full of yourself!"

"Ryleigh!" Jared yelled.
I looked at him and he was pointing at Paul. He was snarling and shaking a bit. He was going to shift. 
Shit.

I pushed Blaine to the side and tried calming Paul, but he pushed me to the side and walked out the cafeteria side doors. 

I ran after him. I saw his wolf steps and follwered them. Though scattering dirt behind me as I went along. 

A few minutes later I find him. He's back side facing me. I slowly touch his fur, but since he was alarmed he quickly turned around and I jumped back in time before he clawed me. 

By now I was breathing heavily.

"oh my god." I laughed. "ohh that wouldn't have been good. Good thing I have fast reflexs huh, Paul?" I smiled, but he looked so angry. He ran behind a tree and 10 seconds later he came out.

"What the hell, Ryleigh?" He yelled. I flinched because he yelled right in my face.
"Why did you follow me? Ugh! I could've-" He took a couple steps back and turned around. He rubbed his temples and ran his hand over his face.

 "I could've tore your face off." He said just above a whisper, but I heard him.
"you could be dead right now!" he shivered at that thought.
 
"Yeah, well I have awesome ninja skills. I'm still alive." 
"This isn't funny Ryleigh!"
 
I shrugged in response.

He sighed and walked off.
"OK, look." He stopped walking and stood there. " I know your pissed at me. I know this isn't funny, but I'm trying to make it seem that way  because I don't want to face the fact that you could've killed me. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have follwered you. My mistake." I waited to see what would happen.

 He started to walk again. I ran after him and jumped on his back. My left cheeck rested on his shoulder. 

"You can't be mad at me forever, Paul"
I smiled. 

He grabbed my legs and slid me against his side to his front, to where I was faciing him. His hands held my butt to keep me from falling. This was akward, but I end up wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I can never be mad at you ... For a long period of time." 

We both laughed.

"I just wish you took that scene seriously and not make a joke out of it."

I placed my forhead against his.
"I'm sorry."