Status: active, slow but surely.

He Doesn't Look A Thing Like Jesus; But He Talks Like A Gentleman

A Beautiful Lie

What the hell was that?

Jasyn Barakat thought as she rushed back to her table. She had spent her first class attempting to get away from one of the Gaskarths and come lunch time she’s making kind gestures towards the other? But for some reason, it just felt right to her. She sat back down and the boy next to her instantly put his arm around her shoulders. Jasyn loved her boyfriend Tommy. She just wasn’t sure if she was actually in love with him.

She smiled at him slightly before slyly looking over to the table that the Gaskarths were sitting at. Locking eyes with Chase for a second before the two girls both averted their gazes to the floor and not having time to notice that Alex had been looking at her too. Jasyn attempted to pay attention to the mindless chatter around her but nothing seemed to peak her interest. That was, until she heard a slew of sentences slip from her boyfriend’s lips;

“I know Jasyn sleeps around, doesn‘t really phase me. Those guys have nothing on me, right babe?” She turned to her boyfriend, an incredulous look on her face. Glancing around her table, she also noticed her brother and cousin laughing at what he had said for some ungodly reason.
“Screw you.”

Jasyn stood up before he could say another word, which was sure to be a funny one-liner about how they ‘screw all the time’. Too focused on getting as far away from her boyfriend as possible, she failed to notice the many sets of eyes following her out of the cafeteria. It was times like these that made her wonder why she did in fact stay Tommy in the first place. Oh yeah, she thought. He’s actually decent to me when we’re alone. He was also the only one that was there for her when she really needed him, which made her feel obligated to be with him. And she hated him for that.

Luckily, the bell signaling the end of the period rand and Jasyn checked her schedule to see where she’d be headed next. Room 205, Health, Mrs. Desmond. The room was conveniently on the same floor she was on and she was the first in the room. Mrs. Desmond was an older woman with reading glasses around her neck and hair beginning to gray. She had a nice smile that seemed to be permanently plastered onto her wrinkled face. The first genuinely friendly face Jasyn had seen all day.

“Hello dear, how may I help you?” Mrs. Desmond asked looking up at the pretty girl before her.
“Jasyn Barakat, here for class.”
“Ah yes! What a pleasure to meet you. I’m Mrs. Desmond. If you would, please, take a seat in the front of the room. It seems as though your peers would all rather sit in the back and I have a seating chart. The only one that is occupied in the front is the desk right next to mine, I have to keep an eye on one of the troublemakers.”

Jasyn nodded at the woman in thanks. The class began to fill up and the bell rang. Just as it did, a student rushed through the door in the nick of time.

“Mr. Gaskarth, I presume, please take that seat.”

Jasyn sat in shock as the seat next to her, the only other seat in the front row that was unoccupied was filled with the figure of the boy she had smiled at earlier. The one who smiled back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: A Beautiful Lie by 30 Seconds To Mars

Hooray for another chapter!
Sorry for me not posting one last night, but Kaylin being the amazinggggness that she is wrote two for you guys!
I'll be hopefully writing an extra one that I'll start right now to be posted as soon as I'm done.

Comments would be lovely. Please tell me what you like/don'tlike/think needs improvment?
Love you all!
- Aly :)