Anise

seachd.

Camaron woke to someone entering her bedroom. She rolled over and looked to see one of the maids entering the room.

“My name is Agnus and I am to be your lady's maid.” She explained in a quiet voice. “If you will get up, m'lady I will help you dress.”

“I don't have any other clothes,” she pointed out to the woman as she stood up and stretched.

“Laird MacLean has given me a trunk full of dresses, stockings, and slippers for you to wear. I only grabbed a dress, a pair of stockings and slippers for now until one of the others can bring it in here.” She explained as she laid out a deep green dress with matching slippers. “Goodness m'lady, tis hard to believe you slept in your dress.”

“It was really uncomfortable. I hardly slept.” She stated distantly as the woman began to unlace the dress. She knew that the reason she didn't sleep was really the conversation she had with Drustan and not the dress.

Camaron stepped out of the dress and sat down on the bed to take off her dirty stockings and replace them with the clean ones before stepping into the dress Agnus had ready for her. The dress was laced up quickly and she turned to look at herself in the mirror. “It's beautiful,” she breathed. One thing the 14th century did right was dresses, she decided. They might not have real plumbing but they had beautiful dresses.

“Aye, m'Laird will like it on you.”

Camaron frowned when the woman handed her the slippers and she put them on. “Come now. We have no more time to dally. Sir William has requested your presence.”

She followed Agnus to the lower level and to the large, airy breakfast nook.

William sat at the table, sipping tea and looked as if he had been waiting awhile.

“Ah! Good morn, Camaron. Did you sleep well?”

“Yes,” she lied with a pleasant smile as she sat down. “Thank you. Did you sleep well?”

“Aye. Bessa should be out with food shortly.”

Camaron sat across the from as he poured her a cup of tea, “Cream?” he asked.

“No thanks,” she smiled and took a drink. “Is Drustan joining us?”

“Nay, he still slumbers. He dinnae sleep until I woke this morn at dawn and made him go to his bedchamber.” He stated before saying. “Ah, the food is here!”

After they broke their fast Camaron wandered Duart Castle. Looking into rooms with closed doors and out the windows at the scenery and it was almost one in the after noon when she found herself in front of Drustan's door.

Biting her lip she knocked softly on the door but got no answer. She opened the door and slowly entered the room. She closed the door and turn dot see Drustan's naked body sprawled on the bed. He was laying on his back and the blanket was around his knees like he had kicked it off of him in his sleep.

His penis stood proudly form a thatch of midnight black hair, it was larger and thicker than she had first thought. She wet her lips and looked at his face, he had two days growth of beard which gave him a more mysterious air. Except as he slept he looked vulnerable, peaceful even.

Walking over she touched her hand to his jaw gently, “Drustan.” She whispered, leaning closer. “Drustan, wake up.”

His bright blue eyes opened and his hand snapped up to grab her wrist. “What are ya doin', lass?”

“Trying to wake you up.” She wet her lips and tried to not look at his body again. “It's... It's kinda late and I wanted to know if you wanted to eat a late lunch with me.”

Drustan released her wrist and stretched, “I would love ta, lass.” He rolled off the other wise of the bed and vent down, giving her the best possible view of his backside. He stood straight and wrapped the tartan around his hips before he stepped into his boots.

He walked over and strapped his sword to his waist before turning back to her and grinning, “Enjoy the view?”

Camaron's jaw dropped and she blushed, “After we eat will you show me around your land? It looks beautiful from the windows.” She asked, changing the subject as quickly as she could.

“Aye it is.” He agreed “I will have Bessa pack a lunch and we will tour the lands and picnic.”

Camaron couldn't help but smile a little and nod in agreement. Se followed him to the kitchen where he ordered bread, cheese, meats and fruit packed and brought out to the stables.

Drustan then lead her out of the kitchen door and to the rear of the castle where a dozen horses nickered.

A young man was mucking one of the stalls but when he saw Drustan he dropped the shovel and hurried over, “Weh can I do for ya, M'Laird?”

“Saddle two horses,” he ordered.

“Uh... I can't ride a horse.” Camaron stated, eying on of the big beasts that was penned.

“Tis easy, ye'll do fine.”

Just as the boy tightened the clinch on the last horse, the maid Bessa, came out with a basket and handed it to Drustan. He thanked her and set it on the ground before grabbing the smaller horse's reins. “Put yer left foot there,” he directed pointing to the footholes. “Then swing yer right on over and sit in the saddle.”

“What if I fall?” Camaron asked, backing away from the horse.

“If ye fall twas yer fault. The mare is tame and mellow, she willnae rear or go any faster than Stomper.”

She reluctantly got on the horse, following Drustan's instructions of the T.

“Now hold the reins and if ye need her to stop, pull back on them.” He picked up the basket and mounted his horse expertly. Drustan kicked his horse on and Camaron's followed at a steady pace right besides Stomper.

“Why does she follow him?”

“We trained her to follow him. Whenever Stomper was out we tied the two together and she had no choice but to do the same as him.”

“What if she tried?”

“Stomper is bigger and stronger. He's male and dominates. He would never follow.”

She scoffed, “That's sexist.”

“No, it tis the way if life. Woman follow, men lead.”

“In my time woman can do what they want. Half the time a woman says jump and the man does it.”

This time Drustan scoffed, “and your time is nae in chaos?”

“No more than yours is, but we aren't having this discussion. You're supposed to be showing me around.”

He laughed, “We will go to the cliffs, eat, then I will show ye around.”