‹ Prequel: Booze, Boys, and Buses
Status: Active

Mommy, Maid, and Mrs. Sanders

Chapter Five

The morning of my birthday came on Wednesday. Matt had brought me a nice breakfast to start the morning, and he had gotten Travis on the bus. The morning was perfect and nothing could have made me happier. Then out of the blue, Nana came into my room.

“Nana!” I shouted, holding my arms open, awaiting her embrace.

I would have liked to have kept her at my house considering her age. Seventy-four wasn’t something to take lightly, especially since she smoked.

“How are you doing sweetheart?” She asked, kissing the top of my head.

“I’m doing fine. Matt’s downstairs if you want to go talk to him so I can freshen up and come downstairs.” I urged.

“Okay dear, I’ll see you down there.” She stood up and went downstairs.

I gathered some clothes and headed to my bathroom. After washing up, drying and changing, I went downstairs where Nana sat watching the news with Matt next to her. Their casual talk stopped as I entered the living room.

“There you are. Babe Nana is going to watch the kids tonight and we’re going out.”

“We are? Oh, thank you Nana but you don’t have to do that. I have work tomorrow I can’t party too much.” I explained.

“Yes, but you don’t have to be completely belligerent to have a good time.” Nana said in a “know-all” way.

“Yes Nana I know.” I laughed at her. “I suppose I can go out tonight.” I kissed Matt and then walked to the kitchen.

The night came up fast and before I knew it I was dancing and grinding on my husband. Matt was holding tightly to my hips and he continued to kiss my neck and make me crazy.

“I’m going to go get a drink!” I shouted over the loud music.

“Okay!”

I walked up to the bar and ordered a rum and Pepsi. The bartender gladly filled out my order and I drank it quickly. This was my second drink and I intended to keep it that way. I really didn’t want to go to work completely hungover and throwing up. That wasn’t fun anyway, never mind trying to fill out people’s orders while holding back my vomit.

“Babe!” Matt shouted over the music.

“What?” I asked, sitting down at the bar.

“When are you coming back to dance?”

It was only then that I noticed I’d been sitting at the bar for a little while/

“You’ve been sitting here for forty-five minutes.”

I sighed. “I’m sorry.”

Maybe I had been drinking a little too much. I looked over at the counter and saw the three other empty Pepsi and Rum glasses I hadn’t remembered getting.

“Do you want to go home?”

The room was spinning slightly. I didn’t even remember getting home until Matt placed me on the bed.

“Maaa-” I lost the contents of my dinner all over the beige carpet. “I need some water!” I yelled.

Matt left me. Next thing I remembered was throwing up again. Then asking Matt for some water again.

* *

“Cassie.” My eyes fluttered open.

“Uhh.” I groaned, pressing my palm to my head.

“It’s seven-thirty.” Matt whispered to me.

I sat up slowly. “I need a shower.”

Without saying anything else I made my way to our bathroom and stood in the shower. I felt nauseous, but all I could do is gag, I wasn’t going to throw up. Even after a nice hot shower, I still felt like I’d been hit by a truck.

“I don‘t want to go to work.” I complained.

“Yeah I know baby, but you’re the one that wanted a job so bad.”

I glared at him. “You shut the hell up.”

He smiled at me and got up. “Nana got Travis on the bus this morning.”

“Okay good.” I said, getting my pajamas off.

He took a moment to look at my naked body. “Oooh.”

“Shut up.” I grumbled, getting my clothes on.

I walked downstairs and then sat down at the table. After drinking some coffee I felt a little better. I knew I would have to have some when I got to work as well.

“Goodbye baby.” Matt said, kissing me on the lips.

“Bye. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

I pulled into the parking lot at work. Flo was standing outside having her morning cigarette.

“Hello.” She said, smiling at me.

“Hi Flo.”

She looked at me strangely. “How are you feeling this morning?”

I knew she could tell judging by my appearance that I was doing just swell. “Fine thanks.”

“Don’t forget to be pleasant to the customers no matter how crappy you feel.”

“Yes Flo, I’m not stupid.” She put out her cigarette and followed me into the building.

The day was long and tiring, but that was the story of my life. Same old shit different day. Maybe Matt was right. Having a job wasn’t all it was cracked up to be. I would never be able to tell him that though. He wouldn’t ever let me live it down.

“I’ll see you on monday!” I said to Flo, before leaving the premises.

Home was quiet, and proceeded to plant myself on the couch as soon as I got there. Matt was downstairs with the guys as usual. Nana sat down on the couch next to my feet and started rubbing them. I groaned in approval.

“Thank you Nana.” I said, accepting the massaging motion she was placing upon my aching feet.

“You’re welcome dear. Consider this my birthday present to you.” She chuckled.

I was soon sleeping soundly. Matt must have carried me up to the room because I woke up in the middle of the night next to him.

“I love you Matt.” I smiled, stroking his face.

“I love you too Cassie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all liked this one! I know it's shorter than usual, but that's all I had to write for this chapter. The next one will be coming shortly :)