‹ Prequel: Booze, Boys, and Buses
Status: Active

Mommy, Maid, and Mrs. Sanders

Chapter Four

After a very long night of...well you get the point, it was a pain in the ass to have Travis waking me up at seven to go make him breakfast. However, that was my duty as mommy.

“Mom wake up.” He said quietly, shaking me.

“I’m up, I’m up.” I said, rolling out of bed.

I followed him downstairs and into the kitchen. He sat eagerly at the table.

“What do you want?” I asked, heading over to the cupboard.

“I want a cereal bar.” He shouted excitedly.

“Travis remember you guys finished them yesterday? Mom has to go grocery shopping. I’ll do that today after work and I’ll pick you up some okay?” I asked, pulling lucky charms out of the cupboard.

“Okay.” He pouted. Upon seeing the lucky charms he perked up. “I want those!”

“That’s what you’ll be getting.” I smiled at him and handed him a bowl full of lucky charms and poured some milk in it.

“Thanks mom.” He smiled at me before devouring the bowl in front of him.

I smiled at him and then turned into the living room. I flipped onto the news and dozed off a little while watching it. I jumped as Travis started yelling at me.

“Mom I’m going to be late!”

I looked at the time, it read 8:45. “Shit.” I stopped. “I mean crap.”

I got up off the couch and followed my son out to the parking lot. Travis hopped into the front seat of Matt’s new Chevy Silverado, and I jumped into the driver’s seat.

“Are you buckled?” I asked my son while buckling myself in.”

“Yes.” He smiled at me and I peeled out of the driveway.

After practically throwing Travis out of the vehicle, I ran over to work. I hated to be late anywhere, but it was especially bad when I had only just started working there. I was fifteen minutes late. Flo met me at the truck.

“Hey you’re late.” She said, dropping her cigarette and stomping on it.

“Hey I realize that.” I ran inside and changed into my uniform in the back after punching in.

Quickly I ran to the counter and began filling out orders with Flo. She was an annoying one. When we weren’t busy, she would make us both coffee and then ask me so much about the band that it made me sick. I answered all of her questions as nicely as I could, but boy was she obsessed.

“No one will know that you were late.” She smiled at me. “I won’t tell.”

“Thank you. Am I on the schedule for tomorrow?” I asked, getting into Matt’s truck.

“Nope. You are Wednesday though.” She lit a cigarette.

I thought about what Wednesday was. Oh shit.

“Can you help me find someone to cover for me?” I begged.

“Why?” She asked, looking at me quizically.

“It’s my birthday.” I smiled slightly.

“Oh wow, yeah sure I can help. How old are you going to be, twenty five? Twenty six?” She asked, trying to decipher my age by just looking.

Laughing between words I replied, “No, I’m going to be thirty four.”

She jumped back a little. “Honestly? You don’t look it at all!”

“Why thank you.” I smiled at her comment. “I have to get home though, Matt and Travis have got to be starving.”

“Okay, have a good night! I’ll get someone to cover for you this time, but next time you need to do it kay?”

“Okay.” I said right before backing up and heading home.

I pulled into the driveway, Travis met me at the door. That was always nice to know that someone wanted to see me when I got home.

“Where’s dad?” I asked, following Travis to the couch.

“Downstairs working.” He replied, beginning to twist at my hair.

“Oh really?” My tone was not a good one.

I stood up, regardless of the small tug my son inflicted on my scalp, and headed down to the laundry room. I heard the tumbling sound of the dryer and smiled. There was also clean laundry sitting in a basket with a note attached to it.

[i/]You said team work, so you fold and I switch?
-Matt[i/]

I smiled and ran up the stairs. The dishes were sitting all nice and clean in the strainer. Yet another note was attached.

[i/]I clean and you put away? Haha, I love you. We’ll cook dinner together tonight. Come get me when you’re ready.[i/]

My grin went from ear to ear. Trying my best not to trip, I ran down the stairs and leapt into my husband’s arms. He pulled me back and kissed me.

“Are you happy with my work?” He asked, kissing me again.

“What do you think?” I asked.

“I’d say yes.”

He kissed me even more passionately. I heard some cheers from the sound board speaker. I looked into the sound proof recording room where the guys all stood watching. My son was on the drum set.

“Maxie!” I shouted, running in through the door and grabbing him against my chest/

“Mom.” He said, making some fake choking noises.

“I missed you sweetheart.” I kissed his cheeks mercilessly.

“I missed you too mom but you don’t have to kill me.” His cheeks were red by the time i was done kissing them.

“How is he doing Jimmy?” I asked, looking from the floor to Jimmy’s face.

“He’s actually doing awesome. He’s a natural.” He seemed quite pleased with his work.

“Oh good that’s awesome.” I directed myself to Max. “How was school today?”

“Good, I didn’t get into any trouble or anything!” He exclaimed.

“Show me what you learned.” I urged, watching him.

I watched in amazement while my child of twelve years old pulled out a drum solo it would take even some of the more skilled musicians a while to learn. I knew it was from some of Avenged Sevenfold’s earlier work.

“Wow! After two days?” I clapped a little.

“That’s [i/]all[i/] we’ve been working on the past couple days.” Jimmy smiled, showing his pride.

“Well, I’d say you did a brilliant job.” I smiled and patted Jimmy on the back.

“I’m so proud of my son.” Matt said coming in behind me and putting an arm around me.

“Me too. I hate to cut this short, but I have some laundry to fold and some dishes to put away.” I waved goodbye to the boys and went upstairs.

Travis was watching Spongebob Squarepants on the television. He looked up at me and smiled.

“Do you have any homework?” I asked, sitting down next to him.

“Dad already helped me do it.” He told me.

“Really?” I’m sure the surprise was apparent on my face.

“Yeah. Dad’s good at math.” He told me.

“Really.” Now I was seriously holding back a laugh. “May I see your homework sweetie?”

“Yeah.” He got up and ran over to his back pack which hung neatly on the backpack rack Matt had made for the kids. “Here.”

I looked over the homework. I guess that what people told you was true. You learn something new about a person every day. Every answer was right. Then again it was fourth grade math. I knew a lot of men still though that couldn’t add two plus two.

“Very good.” I smiled and handed him back the paper.

“Did you doubt my mad skills?” Matt asked, walking into the living room.

“Yes.” I chuckled slightly. “I did.”

“I proved you wrong.”

I laughed at him. “If you know one thing about women, it’s that we’re never wrong.”

I walked away from him and started putting dishes away. He walked in and pulled out two pots and a casserole dish.

“You wanna do something easy like tuna casserole?” He suggested, looking for some peas in the cupboard.

“Yeah sure.” I agreed, putting a cup in its place. “Travis! Go downstairs and bring up the laundry for me to fold please!” I shouted into the living room.

“Okay.”

He was so good to listen to me when I asked him to do something. I was so proud of Travis every time I heard a screaming kid in the store. He was always good. Never did he yell or scream or shout. I say no and he listens. He was such a good kid.

“Are you going to make him your slave?” Matt asked laughing at me.

“Well, I didn’t have kids just to repopulate. I plan on making them do all my dirty work.” I laughed at him back.

“Awesome.”

The guys all piled up from upstairs and said their goodbyes. I gave Max a hug and a kiss goodbye. He waved and left me standing at the door as I watched Jimmy and Liana drive away with my son in their Camaro.

“He’s going to be fine.” Matt said encouragingly.

“I know, I just miss him a lot sometimes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all enjoyed this. I've been in a writing mood lately. Some feedback would be good. If you haven't read the first story in this possible trilogy please do so. Also if you haven't subscribed yet then please do so. Michiebrokencyde has a new story up! If you like Bring Me the Horizon you'll love it. Very good! Enjoy :))