Status: Completed :D/D:

In Fate's Hands

Chapter 12

“That’s typical of Ethan. Get drunk and not come to school the next day.” I said, walking with Nick into first hour.

“I don’t know, I have a feeling he’ll be showing up.” Nick said, looking around the room. “Have you seen Ian?”

I shook my head. “He has no reason not to be here today. And today of all days for a no-show. Did you talk to him at all last night?”

“Yeah, I talked to him on the phone for a while.” Nick said.

“Did you tell him what we did last night?”

He shook his head. “I’m not planning on it.”

At that moment, Ian flew into the room, right before the bell rang. He was slightly disorientated and dazed as he walked to his desk next to Nick.

Nick met him halfway, taking his stuff and helping him to his desk.

“Why are you so late?” Nick asked, giving him a quick kiss before sitting down.
He took a breather before speaking. “I woke up this morning and remembered what day it was. So I had to hurry and bake something to celebrate the occasion.” Ian said, digging in his backpack.

Nick and I were both confused about what he was talking about.

Ian pulled a container filled with brownies, and another with cookies. He set them on Nick’s desk and pulled him out of his desk and into his arms, their lips colliding.

“Happy one year anniversary, honey.” Ian said, beaming as they were nose to nose.

Nick picked Ian off the ground and hugged him, twirling him around once before setting him down again. “I can’t believe you remembered! Thank you so much.” He whispered something in Ian’s ear, and it was obviously dirty because Ian got a really satisfied look on his face after Nick was done. They kissed once more before sitting in their own desks.

A huge “aww” erupted from the class, more specifically, the girls. I swear every girl in our school was in love with them.

Ian and Nick looked at me and smiled, motioning for me to come over to them.

I just smiled and got up. They pulled me into a group hug, both of them kissing one of my cheeks.

“How are you, hun?” Ian asked, a smile permanently attached to his face.

“I’m doing alright. I don’t even need to ask how you are, you’ve got it written all over your face.” I said. I couldn’t stop smiling, either. It was contagious.

I felt a hand slip around my waist and jumped at the unexpectedness. I turned my head and saw Ethan. I smiled at him and turned around, planting my lips on his. “You’re slightly late.”

“I spent too much time in the bathroom this morning.” He said, smiling.

He has such a cute smile, he should use it more.

I noticed that his cheek was red and slightly irritated, but I didn’t bring it up.

“I thought you weren’t gonna show.” I said again, turning to our circle again.

“I was thinking about it, but decided against it.” He said, laughing a little, but it died down as soon as Ian looked at us, slightly confused, maybe even a little disgusted.

Before Ian said anything, Nick whispered something else in his ear. I heard little bits and pieces, saying not to be too harsh, that he can trust Ethan.

Ian still had a stubborn look on his face as he crossed his arms and pursed his lips, looking him over.

“Alright, alright, have a seat. Take your seats. I’m sorry I was late, the teacher’s meeting ran longer than expected…” Mr. Smith rambled on as everyone groaned at the sight of him.

We all sighed.

“We’re talking later.” Ian told Ethan, pointing to him.

“Alright.” Ethan said, sounding nervous as we went to our seats in the back of the room.

He looked at me and whispered, “What the fuck?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know.”

Ethan kept looking at me, making me blush and smile, covering my face. He laughed and smiled a toothy grin, looking away from me. He snuck little glances at me throughout class, distracting me from taking notes.

The bell rang before we got homework, Ethan and I waiting up for Ian and Nick. I helped Nick carry one of his presents from Ian to his locker, since our lockers were so close.

I opened my locker and Ethan leaned up against the locker next to it. “So what’s Ian’s deal?”

I sighed. “He’s always been really, really protective of me. I don’t know why, but he’s always watched out for me and Nick more than himself.” I explained, shutting my locker softly. “He doesn’t want me getting hurt. Not saying you’re going to hurt me or anything, but-”

Ethan pressed his lips tenderly to mine, sliding his hand on the side of my neck. “I would never hurt you, or do anything to put you in harm’s way.” He said quietly, staring straight into my eyes, sweet and considerate.

I grabbed Ethan’s free hand, lacing my fingers with his, smiling a small smile. “I know you wouldn’t.”

My body was suddenly shoved into the lockers we were standing by, Ethan following. We hit them hard.

I heard laughter, and when I turned around, it was Kaedyn and Keegan. They were smirking, looking extremely satisfied about their doing.

“What the fuck is your problem?!” Ethan yelled, getting off the lockers and going towards the twins.

They said nothing, just continued to look at him.

Ethan let out a short laugh. “Is it seriously still about this, Keegan? You can’t get your mind around it? Or is it that you can’t believe it? Do you need proof?”

He pulled me into him and kissed me, and even though I was basically being used as a demonstration, I still felt the passion in it.

Our lips parted and Ethan turned to the twins, keeping his hand around my waist.
“There’s your fucking proof. Now get over me, get over yourself, and go fuck yourself, or Kaedyn, since you‘re basically the same person, and you‘re so into each other.” He smirked.

They both got the same surprised, pissed expressions on their faces.

Ethan and I smirked and walked away from them.

“What the hell was that all about?” I asked as Ethan walked me to my second hour.

“Keegan’s pissed that you’re above him. Kaedyn’s just playing along with it, anything to be a bitch.” Ethan said.

“Anything to please his bitch.” I said quietly, making Ethan burst out laughing.

When we got to my class, he hugged me, still laughing a little. He kissed me. “See ya.”

I smiled and waved, walking into my always talkative study hall, taking my seat next to Ian, who looked slightly pleased.

“What are you smiling about?” I asked.

“It’s amazing.” He said.

“What?” I asked, now confused.

“How much a person can change in less than twenty four hours, all because of one special person.” He said, smiling at me.

I blushed and hid my cheeks, smiling profusely.

“You’re head over heels for him, and he is for you. The concern Ethan had for you in the hall just before was radiating off of him, his face said it all.” Nick said. “Not to mention the scene before Keegan and Kaedyn interrupted was one of the most adorable things I’ve ever seen.”

I pushed him a little bit, my cheeks burning with embarrassment. “Stop it!”

“I’m just telling you that I approve. Nick told me he gave him ‘the talk’, so my work was already done.” Ian said like it was no big deal.

“What talk?” I asked, confused.

“You know, the basic ‘fuck with my best friend, I’ll fuck you up’ thing. Scaring him a little bit.”

I just shook my head. “Why am I not surprised.”