Status: Finished

Animal Attraction

Epilogue

|Two Years Later|

“Mom, calm down, it’s your wedding day, so relax,” I told my hysterical mother that was having doubts about getting married when she was already in her dress and just minutes away from entering the church to get married to David. “You can do this, you love David, it’s why you said yes in the first place.”

“You’re right,” she straightened up. “I said yes, and I do love him…okay, okay, I’m ready.”

“Are you sure?” I asked.

She nodded her head.

“Good because I did not just get into a dress so you could bail,” I grinned at her.

She hugged me tightly. “I love you so much, Erin.”

“Ugh, I know, mom, now let go, so I can walk down the aisle, so you can go.”

“Oh, right,” she said and let go of me. She fanned herself to stop the tears. “Let’s rock this shit.”

I giggled. “You cursed in the house of--ow! Okay, mom, all you had to do was say go,” I mumbled and rubbed the back of my head where she had smacked me.

The music started and the doors opened for me to walk down the aisle. The people turned and saw me. I held a polite smile.

At the end of the aisle, I saw David and next to David was Paul, his best man. David had become quick friends with Paul.

They bonded over their love for football. It was weird at first, but now it was just nice.

I couldn’t help but think of where Paul and I would be. It’s been two years since we’ve been together. I was already out of high school, and I was going to go to school in Port Angeles. Peninsula College.

Things between us weren’t perfect. Hello, it’s Paul and I, we’re not exactly perfect. We have had our fights that has caused to break up twice, but we’ve made up in less three days. We couldn’t really be apart from each other, so with me going to college it would make things a bit more difficult, but at least I wasn’t moving away.

Paul looked handsome in his suit. He was uncomfortable, I could tell, but he looked dashing.

Dashing… it reminds me of my dad, whom was sitting on the bride’s side along with his family… including his mother and father meaning… my grandfather and grandmother, whom I haven’t met yet because of the chaos of the wedding.

I only glanced at the elderly woman that had very expensive clothes. She scared me, and she wasn’t even looking at my direction. She had her chin up.

Her husband, on the other hand, my grandfather, had a sweet smile as he looked at me. He waved his hand, and I waved back. I got to the end of the aisle and looked at Paul.

‘You’re beautiful’ he mouthed.

I bit my lower lip and then mouthed, ‘Thanks’.

My mom walked down the aisle and ALL of the heads turned to see her.

I smiled proudly, she was so beautiful.

I looked to David, I saw the pink blush on his face and there was a glow too.

The ceremony went by in a blur, before I knew it, it was time for the I Do’s. I didn’t think I’d cry, but I ended up wiping my tears at the end.

At the reception, I was avoiding my father and anyone from the family. I didn’t want to meet my grandmother. She didn’t like me, and I didn’t want to say something rude. I wouldn’t care if she was old, I would curse her out if she said one mean thing about me or my mother.

I dodged Maggie two times, I make James Bond look like a fool that way I was being all sneaky, that was until I bumped into Paul.

“Oh, hey, baby,” I smiled and pecked his lips.

“What’s up with you?” he asked as he wrapped his arms around me.

“What’s up with me? N-nothing,” I scoffed and flicked my hand. “I’m just… talking to people.”

He laughed loudly. “You don’t talk to people. You’re sneaking around trying to avoid your grandmother. Now, your father has told me to kidnap you, if necessary, so you can meet her.”

“You wouldn’t dare,” I said and tried to get away, but he had his arms around me. “Paul! If you do this, we won’t have sex… ever again!”

“You wouldn’t last a week without me,” he whispered in my ear.

Goddarn it! He was right.

“Well… I could like… do something. Paul, don’t do this. That old hag hates me!”

“You need to clear the air with her.”

“I don’t! I’m fine just the way things are!”

He didn’t argue anymore. He easily picked me up and threw me over his shoulder, smacked my ass, and walked.

“You are so not going to get sex tonight!” I punched his back.

“I somehow doubt that,” he chuckled.

“Go to hell, Paul!” I growled.

He set me down on my feet when we were in front of my dad and my grandmother. I straightened my dress and held my chin up.

“Hi, dad,” I greeted him politely and then turned to my grandmother. “Mrs. Larson.”

“Erin,” she gave me a nod back.

“You know my name? You don’t call me bastard child, anymore?” I asked as I crossed my arms across my chest

Once over the phone, I heard her call me that when I was talking to my dad. I’m not going to lie and say it didn’t hurt because it did. Most grandmothers loved their grandchild, especially the first one, but no, she really, really didn’t like me.

“We’ve come here for peace, Erin,” my dad spoke.

I narrowed my eyes at the elderly woman. “Really?”

She nodded her head. “My son… and his family, my family, has come to accept you. I should too.”

“Good thing I don’t need your approval,” I turned my back to her, but my dad grabbed my arm and turned me back.

“Listen, Erin,” he warned.

“Okay,” I said and rolled my eyes.

I was just protecting myself. I didn’t want to hear anymore insults from her. I just wanted to get on with life.

“You are important to them, which means you are important… to me,” she had a hard time saying that, I could tell.

“Sounds cool,” I muttered.

“I’ve made mistakes when it has come to you and your mother,” she admitted. “I shouldn’t have… butted in, but… well, there is no excuse for what I did.”

“You’re forgiven.” I smiled.

“I never asked for--”

“Mother!” My dad warned like he had with me.

My grandmother reacted the same way I did, huh, so that’s where I got it from.

“Oh, all right, I’m sorry for outing you like I did. I had no right. You are… my fist grandchild and I shouldn’t have… neglected you.”

“You’re forgiven,” I flashed her the same smile.

There was an awkward silence that fell down on us.

I scratched the back of my neck the same time she did too. We both noticed it and dropped our hands to the side and cleared our throats. It was so freaky how alike we were.

“Erin!” my grandfather called out. “It’s so wonderful to finally meet you! Come here you!”

“I hate heels,” I told Paul as I sat down on a chair, removed my heels and placed my feet on his lap.

He chuckled and started to massage my feet. His large, strong hands were really good at giving massages. I tilted my head back and let out a small groan of satisfaction.

“Are you too tired to come somewhere with me?” he asked me. I tilted my head forward to look at him. He had a sweet smile on his lips, and his eyes pleaded that I go.

“Will you carry me?”

“Of course.”

“Then, yes, I’m yours.”

He picked me up bridal style. He carried me all the way to the car.

“Where are we going?” I asked him. “We can’t leave the reception.”

“I already asked your mom and dad if I could take you, and they said yes.”

He set me on my feet to open the door for me. I got inside of the passenger seat. I didn’t mind leaving for a while.

As he drove, I turned up the radio and song along with whichever song I knew. I didn’t know exactly where we were because it was already night, but I knew we were in La Push. He stopped the car, and then I knew exactly where we were.

It was where we cliff dived.

There was a fire going on. He and I approached the fire, and I recognized which fire was turned on. It was the one where I had kissed him, where he had imprinted on me.

“Aw, you’re a romantic, Paul,” I hooked my arm through his.

He kissed the top of my head.

“Don’t tell the guys. They’ll totally won’t let me live it down,” he chuckled.

We sat down on the log and watched the fire go. I turned to him and he turned to me. No words were needed as our lips connected and we showed each other how much we loved one another. There was no rush in the kiss.

It was the kiss that left me breathless, but I didn’t want to breathe as long as his lips were on mine.

Eventually we pulled out and leaned our foreheads on each other. Our breathing labored, and with smiles on our lips.

No need for lovey dovey speeches. We knew how we felt for each other.

I loved him.

And he loved me.

That’s all we needed.

Our animal attraction became something pure and beautiful.

After another wonderful make out session, I got up and headed towards the cliff. Paul watched with a smirk as I reached behind me and unzipped the dress. His eyes became worried.

“Erin! It’s freezing!” he got up from the log and followed me. I was already at the edge of the cliff. “You can’t do that.”

I smirked and kicked the dress away. I released my hair from its prison.

“Watch me.” I did a backward somersault and went straight into the water.
♠ ♠ ♠
What can I say guys? Thanks for sticking through. You’re all wonderful and I appreciate you guys commenting and sending messages and banners. I hope this has been worth your time.

Erin’s bridesmaid’s dress

Jacob Story: Time Won’t Heal This Damage