Status: Thinkking about calling it quits

Why Am I So Confused If I Feel So Sure?

Meetings

Bethany was scared to ask him.

“Just do it you big whimp!” she thought aloud.

Beth, what her friends called her, wrapped herself in a towel and slowly walked toward him. She had a bathing-suit on but she felt cold, all of a sudden. Beth was at the beach, Huntington Beach to be exact. It was a perfect beach day.

“Hi,” she said weakly.

“Hi, can I help you?” he said as polite as possible.

“My friends were going to meet me here, but they made a slight change of plans. So I saw you here all alone and wondered if it was fine if I sat with you. Unless you’re here with someone else and I’m intruding, or something,” I rambled.

He snickered.

“Sure,” he said trying not to laugh.

“Cool! I’ll go get my stuff!” I said quickly before he could change his mind.

When I got back, with my cooler and towels, he had his shirt off. I have to admit he is pretty damn SEXY! I kept staring at his arms until I noticed I was looking like a complete fool.
He had trunks, sun-glasses, and a hat on.

“You like Avenged Sevenfold?” I asked because of the tattoo of the deathbat he had on his chest.

“Yeah, do you?” he asked, seeming totally interested.

“Yes!” I said, kind of rudely.

“Who’s your favorite in the band?” he asked, sounding really excited to know.

“What kind of favorite? Like best at playing or best looking?” I asked.

“Both,” he answered after a pause.

“Okay. First, at playing, is Jimmy, then Brian, next Matt, then Zacky, last Johnny. And best looking is Zacky, Jimmy, Johnny, Brian, and Matt,” I said after a long pause.

“You like that crazy ass guy, Zacky?” he said sort of shocked.

“Yes, he is really HOT!” I said.

“WOW,” he said.

“What, is it a crime to think he is hottest guy on earth?” I asked sarcastically.

“No, I’m just shocked, I guess,” he answered.

I laughed.

“But it’ll never happen.” I said, sounding sad.

“How do you know? You could meet and then date one day,” he said, trying to sound sure
and sincere at the same time.

“For starters he’s dating Gena that bitch!” I said, sinisterly.

He laughed out loud. He had such a sweet laugh.

“That she is. She doesn’t get along with the other guys and she’s too clingy. It looks like that to me, anyway,” he said, sort of angrily.

A moment passed by before he asked, “I got tickets and backstage passes to see Avenged Sevenfold, do you want to come?”

“Of course,” I answered, completely shocked.

“Cool, it’s at the pier on Main Street.” he said as he got up.

“Shouldn’t I give you my number so you can pick me up?” I asked.

“Nah, I’ll meet you there.” he said.

“Okay,” I said, still dazed.

I got up and took off the towel I wrapped around myself. I was really hot under the towel on a hot 85 degree day.

“Nice tattoos,” he said.

“Thanks,” I said.

He was looking at me from head to toe.

“What?” I finally asked.

“I NEVER saw that bathing suit on VU.com!” he said, still looking at me.

“I made it.” I answered, sounding very proud of myself.

“That’s a really nice suit,” he said.

“Thanks,” I said, blushing.

“Well listen, I gotta run,” he said sounding disappointed.

“Oh, well I’ll see you at the concert?” I said, hopefully.

“Of course,” he answered.

He opened his arms, and I hugged him. His arms were big, strong, and had sleeves.

“Bye,” he said, after hugging me for some time.

I waved at him while he walked away, trying not to look disappointed.

“Wow,” I said, while watching him go out of sight.

“SHIT!” I said, angry. I forgot to ask him his name.

“Oh, well,” I said, while shrugging.