Status: Thinkking about calling it quits

Why Am I So Confused If I Feel So Sure?

Johnny's

I walked down the stairs with Zacky’s hand intertwined with mine.

“What took you guys so long?” whined Rylee.

“Nothing,” I answered, trying to look innocent. I broke it because of my laughter. We all laughed at my attempt to look innocent.

“I’ll be right back,” I said, heading to the women’s bathroom.

I walked through the door and went to the sink. After washing my hands, in warm water, I grabbed some paper towels and dried my hands. I went back to the mirror and put some eyeliner around my big brown eyes; my eyes are such a dark brown they look black. I don’t like makeup but all I wear is eyeliner, lipstick, and sometimes blush. I combed the tangles out of my long, straight, pitch black hair.

I walked out and I saw the guys are playing pool and drinking, and the wives are sitting at a table with no drinks. I decided to go and get some drinks for us girls.

“Hey, can I get four shots and four Heinekens?”

“Sure,” said the bartender.

“Keep them coming, yeah?” I said.

I walk to the table and sat down at a chair.

“Wasn’t your hair short and curly at my wedding?” asked Arianna. “I’m pretty sure it was.”

“Wasn’t it like that at my wedding, too?” asked Rylee.

“Yeah,” I said as the bartender brought the drinks. ”It was but I decided to let it grow and I straighten it now.”

They all took a sip of their Heinekens.

“A toast to….knew things,” I said putting my shot in the air.

We all tapped glasses and then chugged them.

I laughed for no reason.

It made them all laugh.

I get a text message that says, “Sorry ‘bout not going to the beach the other day!”

I text, “It’s okay. I’m at Johnny’s, you want to meet me? I have a surprise!”

Zacky comes and takes my phone away from me.

“Hey,” I whine, jumping up.

“Relax, I’m just putting my number in,” he said, with a huge smile on his face.

I sat back down.

My phone makes the noise that means I got a text.

“Give it to me,” I shriek, trying to grab my phone from him

“No,” he said, moving away from me.

He read it and said, “Who’s Jess?”

“My friend, the one that made different plans. She’s the one who was supposed to meet me at the beach. The same day that we met each other,” I said.

He gave me my phone and went back to his game of pool.

After a while Jess arrived, my friend from the text.

“Jess!” Arianna, Rylee, and I screamed, at the same time.

“Beth I didn’t know they were going to be here! Hi guys! Is that the surprise?” asked Jess.

“No, look at the pool table,” I said, with a huge ass smile

She turned her head and screamed, “Oh my Johnny Christ!”

Johnny looked over at us. Jess turned red and turned her head away from him. After a while she hugged Arianna and Rylee.

“Hi, I’m Jess,” she said shaking Val’s hand.

“I’m Val.”

“I know who you are.”

Val just smiled at her.

When their game was over all of the guys came. All of them were standing by their girls, except for Johnny. He just sat by Jess, and she couldn’t have a bigger smile on her face.

“Who’s this?” asked Brian.

“Rylee’s, Beth’s, and my friend,” answered Arianna.

She waved her hand, still smiling.

“Hi, I’m Johnny,” Johnny said, putting his hand to shake hers.

They shook hands and Jess wouldn’t let go until I called her name for like the fifth time.

We all laughed.

“Sorry,” she said in a tiny voice.

“It’s okay. So what’s your name?” Johnny asked, with a chuckle.

“Okay, cool. My name is Jess.”

“Nice to meet you Jess.”

“You, too.”

They talked at a different table for a while.

Arianna and Brian were getting drunk as fuck. Val and Matt laughed, giggled, and whispered things to each other. Rylee and Jimmy were playing pool and getting drunk. Even though Rylee was a damn good pool player, she pretended to suck so Jimmy can hold her, show her how, and touch her hands to fix how she was holding the pool spear. I was texting Diggy, my other friend. Zacky was kissing my neck, drinking, and reading what she and I said.

She was coming to the bar when she had to go back to her house because she forgot her wallet.

I looked at the other side of the room because I was looking for the bartender. When I looked over I saw my ex boyfriend, Reggie, just watching me and looking very sad. I forgot that he’s still in love with me, and ever since we broke up he follows me everywhere!

I put my hand up trying to get the bartender’s attention, but she wasn’t looking. So I just tried to forget all about Reggie and I just looked the other way. But I could feel that he was still watching and I felt really weird.

I put my hand back up and she saw my hand so she ran right over.

“What can I get you?”

“Um…… Zacky what do you want?” I asked him pushing him away.

“A bottle of Jack and some………..”

“Coors Light,” I answered for him.

“All right,”

“Why did you order Coors Light?” asked Zacky.

“’Cause you’ve been drinking a lot of strong shit, so I ordered something lighter,” I said.

“Fine,” he said, sounding a little mad/ irritated.

I looked over at Reggie. He was with his friend, Fred, and he looked at me every minute or two.

“Here you go,” said the bartender, putting our order on the table. “Enjoy.”

“Thanks,” I said smiling.

There was a long awkward silence between Zacky and me.

I looked over at Jess and Johnny. They were laughing, talking, and drinking some beer. Jess looked at me and waved. I gave her the sign to come over here. She got up and then Johnny got up; they walked over hands intertwined and eyes glued on each other.

“Can we join?” asked Jess.

“Sure,” I answered quickly before Zacky could say no.

Johnny sat across from Zacky and I while Jess sat by me and Johnny.

I whispered this to Jess, “Reggie is here.”

“Where is he?” Jess whispered back.

“Over there,” I said while pointing down low so Zacky and Johnny won’t see.

She looked over and quickly looked back at me.

“He saw me,” Jess said, looking very nervous.

“He did?”

“Yeah, he did. Does he still follow you everywhere?”

“Basically, but not when I go to work, the store, or your house only at night or when I got to the beach.”

“He’s a psycho.”

“I know.”

“What did you see in him?”

“I don’t know that’s a great question.”

“What are you guys talking about?” asked Johnny.

“Um….nothing really,” answered Jess.

We all talked for about ten minutes when Arianna, Brian, Rylee, Jimmy, Val, and Matt decided to join us.

Then I looked at the door and I see Fred leave. I quickly look over at Reggie and he went to the bartender to pay. I look away and I guess I looked weird or something because Matt asked, “What’s wrong Beth?”

“What?” I asked

“What’s wrong?” he asked again.

“Nothing,” I said.

“You sure?” asked Rylee.

“Yeah,” I said.

“Meet me in the bathroom,” I whispered to Jess, while standing up.

I walk through the door and run to the stall.

“Beth?” asked Jess.

I start to hurl in the toilet.

“Are you okay?” asked Jess.

“Yeah,” I lie.

I walk out of the stall and went to the sink to wash my face.

“Do you have gum or something?” I ask.

Jess pulled out a strip of gum and gave it to me.

“Thanks.”

Jess and I walk out of the bathroom. She goes back to where she was sitting and so do I.

After like a second of sitting Reggie comes over and says, “Hi. I’m Reggie.”

Everyone said hi.

“Can we help you?” asked Brian sounding annoyed.

“Yeah I need to talk to Beth,” he answered.

“How do you know Beth?” asked Rylee.

“We’re dating,” he answered.

“Beth you’re dating him?” Zacky asked.

“We broke up like what a week or two ago?” I said.

“Then why do you want to talk to her? How did you know she was going to be here?” asked Jimmy.

“I’m sorry but is that your business?” Reggie asked clearly avoiding the other question.

“What do you want, Reggie?” I asked.

“Can we talk in private?” he asked.

“Fine,” I said getting up.

He walked to another table.

“It’s fine. It’ll only take a second,” I said to everyone.

I walked away and Arianna, Rylee, Zacky, and Jess all looked at me. I could tell they were going to watch me.

“What do you want?” I asked sitting down.

“How can you let that man whore kiss you?” he asked.

“That’s none of your business,” I answered.

“It is my business. We just broke up.”

“We broke up a week or to ago.”

“But I love you, Beth.”

“Well that’s too damn bad ‘cause we’re never getting back together.”

He grabbed my arm really tight, obviously angry.

“What?” he asked

Zacky came rushing over.

“Let her go,” he said just as he met with the table.

“Go back to where you were,” Reggie barked.

“Reggie let me go!”

I kicked Reggie in the nuts and he let me go. He yelled as I got up.

“That wasn’t very nice,” he said.

I tried to run past but he grabbed me again.

He stood up and kissed me. I tried pushing him away but it was no use.

When he stopped I managed to break out of his grip. I went beside of Zacky and tried to hold him back, but he was too strong and angry.

Zacky ran right up to Reggie and put his face in his, and said, “You better stay away from Beth.”

“Make me,” Reggie said back.

Before Zacky could do anything Matt and I grabbed him and Jimmy and Brian grabbed Reggie.

“I got him,” said Matt.

I walked over to Reggie and told Jimmy and Brian to let him got but to hold him again if he tries something, and they did.

“Just go away and never talk to me again,” I said.

“But you belong with me and I love you,” he told me.

“Well I don’t love you and I don’t belong with you.”

“You’re scared and you don’t know what you want. I know what you want!” he yelled at me.

“No you don’t! And I’m not scared!”

“Matt! Let me go!”

Matt did what Zacky said for some reason.

Zacky walked past me and straight to Reggie. He punched him really hard in the face.

“Hey! If you’re going to fight take it to the back,” said the bartender.

“Hey! I’m here,” yelled Diggy. “What did I miss?”

Reggie and Zacky headed for the door. We all followed them.

“Zacky Vengeance?!” screamed Diggy.

“Yeah, we’re sort of going out now,” I said trying to keep up with them.

“What the hell did I miss?” asked Diggy.

Arianna and Rylee explained everything to her.

We were outside and I ran to Zacky.

“What the hell are you doing?” I asked him, while trying to look in his eyes.

“I have to show him that you’re mine, not his,” he answered, looking very serious.

“Are you going to chat or are we going to fight for her?” asked Reggie.

“We’re going to fight and I’m going to win,” said Zacky sounding sure. “And if I win then you
have to leave and never let Beth or I see your face again!”

“And what if I win?” asked Reggie.

“Then you can have Beth and I’ll never speak to her again.”

“I’m not a trophy! I can’t be won in a fight, I have to be won by the heart,” I said.

They didn’t care what I said.

Soon a huge crowd formed and they had video cameras.

I quickly kissed Zacky and said, “Be careful, sweetie. I love you.”

Why did I say that? I barely know him and I told him I love him!

But then again I might love him. I don’t know what to feel.

Next thing I know they were fighting. Zacky just punched Reggie in the face and Reggie fell to the ground. When he got up he kicked Zacky in his nards and then punched him in the gut.

I was about to cry because I was nervous and scared for Zacky, because Reggie taught people how to fight like a crazy bastard.

Arianna, Diggy, Rylee, Val, and Jess all went around me and said it was okay. But I knew they didn’t know that for sure.

Jimmy came to me and said, “He’s tough, he’ll be fine. Don’t worry.”

Zacky got up and punched him in the face again, and then kicked his nuts. He came to me and said, “Don’t worry.” He kissed me and then kicked Reggie in the ribs.

“Stay the fuck down, bitch!” Zacky screamed with hatred.

Reggie was bleeding in his mouth and his face.

Zacky went on top of him and did the F-You on him. He went back on him and held his leg and pulled it by his head and said, “Tap out! Tap out, now!”

But some how Reggie got out of it and when he stood up he punched Zacky in the eye. He kicked Zacky just about everywhere and Zacky just lay there, motionless.

I was about to run to him when Jimmy held me back. I struggled to get free of his grip but it was no use.

“Let me go! Jimmy!” I kept yelling.

Then Zacky got up and kicked Reggie in the nuts when he wasn’t looking, and he fell right to the ground.

Jimmy let go of me.

Zacky kicked his head and then he didn’t move so Zacky came to me.

“Hey,” he said.

I pointed to Reggie because he was getting up.

Zacky jumped on him and punched his head.

“Tap out! Tap out!”

“Okay, you win,” Reggie said while taping.

Zacky got up and so did Reggie. Reggie punched Zacky one more time right in the freaking head and left.

Matt, Val, Arianna, Brian, Rylee, Jimmy, Jess, Johnny, Diggy, and I ran to him.

I bent down to him and he put his head up and looked at me.

“Are you okay?” I asked, with tears in my eyes.

“Yeah,” he answered.

“Whatever you want, name it,” I said.

“Let me take you out on a date.”

I chuckled.

“Of course,” I said with a huge grin.

“And can you take care of me while I get better?”

“Of course,” I said.

“What the hell?” Diggy said, still standing up. “I don’t get a single hello?”

We all laughed at her sarcasm.