Different

Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

Frankie

I couldn’t stop looking at her. Oh god this was such mess. Or rather I was. Why didn’t I tell her how I felt? Because it would be too soon. You barely know her, said a voice in my head. Liar! Said another voice scornfully. You’re just scared aren’t you? Scared of being rejected…
That’s not true! said the other voice indignantly. I am not scar-

Liar! Liar, liar pants on- Why the fuck am I arguing with my self? I thought exasperatedly, SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU!

Only I said that bit out loud…
Everyone stared at me. “Erm…Frankie…no-ones saying anything…” began Tori.

“I know I know. Sorry. I ‘m just excited. About the…erm…club. And I just talk to my s- actually it doesn’t matter…” I trailed of.

They smiled bemusedly at me, then shrugged and looked away as conversation broke out.
I slid down my seat, rolling my eyes at my stupidity. Indigo, who was sitting next to me, smiled sympathetically “You all right Frankie? You seem kind of…Jumpy” She said.

I smiled at her and straightened up. “Yeah” I said “Yeah I’m okay. Just talking to myself” I grinned at her.

She laughed. “Yeah I do that a lot” she said. I smiled at her, not really taking in what she was saying. She had such a lovely laugh. Her eyes go all big and her mouth goes crinkly at the edges.

Suddenly the car turned the corner to reveal Angst. The music was so loud you could here it as clearly as if it was being played through the stereo in the car. I grinned at Indigo as the car pulled into the edge of the pavement.

“You ready?” I asked her.

Indigo nodded nervously. She suddenly looked worried. “What if I don’t get in?!” She said, biting her lip.

“Relax it’ll be fine! We’re with Gerard remember?” I reassured her.

She smiled “Yeah. Yeah okay” She said, seeming to calm down a bit. “Thanks Frankie”

“Don’t mention it” I smiled at her, “Now come on lets get in there!”

We joined the ebbing queue which led to the source of the sound, and after a life time we were next.

The bouncer gave us the once over and everyone turned to walk into the club. I followed, but suddenly, the bouncer held up an arm to stop me. I banged into it, then looked up at him questioningly.

“I’m sorry but I can’t let you in” The bouncer said. I looked at him. He was about three times the size of me with muscles like bowling balls.

“Uhmmm…G-guys!” I called to their fast retreating backs. “GUYS!”