Different

Chapter 16

CHAPTER 16

-INDIGO-

I stared blankly at Frankie. He knew. He knew that my sister was a prep that hated my guts. He knew that my sister was going out with the guy. The guy who hated me. Hated me so much, that he beat me up till I was nearly unconscious, and broke my nose.

But then Frankie did the most wonderful thing. He didn’t put it against me. He didn’t ask questions. He simply pulled me into a huge warm hug.

I clung to him, unaware of half the school goggling in our direction. Unaware of the car full of people who were my friends looking at us then one another with sympathetic but knowing looks.

We broke apart and Frankie did something that took me completely by surprise. But that wasn’t to say I didn’t like it. He took my head gently in his hands and kissed the top of it.
I looked up at him, amazement in my eyes.
“Don’t worry about it kay? Everything’s gonna be fine Indigo. Everything’s gonna be fine…”

Mikey cleared his throat back in the car.
Frankie looked at me with those beautiful eyes and steered me towards the classroom, giving a brief look towards the others. “I’m gonna take Indigo to our classroom kay?” he called out to them.

“I’ll see you later Indigo!” called EmahLee, as the others yelled out similar things.
I waved half heartedly to her and smiled. I was still in a daze.

“Frankie I-”
I began, but as he turned to look at me, my words were cut short. I couldn’t say what I was about to say. He was so beautiful. And there was no wayhe would like me! Not like that! I had to face up to facts.

“Yeah?” he said softly. He was being so caring and gentle, such a different side to the jokey, hyper Frankie he normally was.

I faltered and stammered on my words, before settling to a simple and lame “nothing…”
He looked at me. As if he knew something. Then he blushed and looked down, fiddling with the hem of his tee.
“…kay…” He said quietly.

We reached the door and he held it open for me.
“Thanks” I smiled as warmly as I could at him, to show I was feeling better.
His face broke into a bashful smile and he shrugged.
Eyes turned to us as we walked to our seats.
They all seemed to have hear about what Jake had done to me. And what Frankie had done to Jake…
“Hey frea…”
Began one of the jocks half heartedly, but his voice trailed away as He received a threatening glare from Frankie.
I couldn’t believe t. It couldn’t be…they all seemed to be…no! but…they all seemed to be sort of…scared! Of Frankie!

“You feeling any better?” Frankie grinned at me, trying and failing to stop himself proudly cracking a grin at the Jocks fear.
I laughed. Hang on…I laughed? I was feeling depressed a minute ago! Just because Frankie kisses the top of your head and he’s hot and you fancy him like mad and-
Stop it! I told myself sternly. Frankie is a friend! That’s why he makes you feel so happy and so much better and excited and special and… oh god. I really had to make up my mind! Did I like him or not?

Well…I knew the answer to that. After all...wasn’t it just a minute ago I was about to tell him that I did?

I got out my sketchbook and began to draw. I wasn’t really paying attention to the paper, but instead arguing with the confusing thoughts about Frankie that were rapidly flowing into my head. I noticed Frankie looking at me and glanced down at my sketchbook.

Oh shit.
No wonder he was looking at me like that…

I had drawn him

Okay I thought to myself, maybe I DO like him…