Different

Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17

~EmahLee~

I was worried about Indigo. I really was. But she was with Frankie. That was good. They seemed to be getting closer and closer lately. And they thought I didn’t notice! Ha! I smiled to myself. It was kind of cute the way they were never apart though. And Indigo wasn’t the only one to feel that way about a guy.

I looked up at Mikey who was walking me to my class. He saw me looking at him, and smiled warmly. His beautiful features etched into a smile like that just for me. I looked at his tall slender frame and folded arms, his bag swinging on his shoulders with every stride he took. I shivered. He was so perfect.

Mikey looked at me with hi big brown eyes. Then he looked down at the floor again. I wondered why he was so shy. He cleared his throat.
“You cold?” He asked me, trying to sound aloof and casual. I looked at him non plussed. Then it clicked. He must have heard me shiver.

It was hardly cold, and the beginning of autumn almost now, but I nodded and looked up at him, waiting and interested to see what he was going to do. He suddenly turned as if he made to hug me, but then turned away again and shoved his hands in his pockets. He coughed, and when he turned round again I could see that he had gone bright red. He handed me his Black jacket, with a strangled “here” and turned away again, still trying to act s if nothing mattered to him at all. But the fact that the tips of his ears and the back of his neck were as crimson as his face had been when he had been facing me, was giving him away.

I smiled.
“Mikey” I began, anything to attract his attention so that I could see his face again.
He spun round, and I took in his milky white skin and tufty brown hair, suddenly shy.
I loosened the grip on my bag, and struggled to find something to say now that He was looking straight at me.
“I…uhmm…This is…a nice jacket!” I blurted out the first thing that came into my head, fondling the black sleeve with my thumb.
He grinned.
“Thanks” he beamed. “Gerard got it for me last Christmas”
He looked so cute and happy, and so like a little kid that I just wanted to reach up and give him a hug.

Only I couldn’t. Could I? Oh sod it, I thought, and stood up on my tiptoes, encircling my arms around him. He seemed taken aback at first, but then I felt his strong arms wrap around me, and I disappeared into his affectionate clasp.

I took a deep breath, inhaling the luxurious smell of…well…Mikey. He smelled lovely. I smiled into his shoulder. They should bottle this stuff!
I laughed silently, and Mikey looked down at me, smiling shyly. I looked up at him through my lashes.

“You know…I haven’t known you that long…” Mikey murmured, his voice so close I could hear the vibrations “…But I like you. A lot
I couldn’t believe it.
“I …I like you too Mikey…” I whispered, and he bent closer, sending shivers down my spine. Just as our mouths were inches from colliding, Gerard’s voice rang loudly through their ears. They sprang apart quicker than was possible.
“Hey Mikkkeeeyyy! MIKEYYY!” yelled Gerard in a singsong voice.

“WHAT?! What is it Gerard?!” Mikey snapped, his face bright red.
I just stared down at the floor, praying Gerard hadn’t seen us hugging. If he had we would never hear the end of it!

Gerard raised an eyebrow. This seemed to be a habit of his. That and running in on awkward situations.
“Well sorrryyyy!” He said sulkily, pouting. “I just came to return your phone! But next time I wont BOTHER!” and he folded his arms lie a little kid. Sometimes I wondered if Gerard was actually the Little brother and Mike was the older one…

Mikey sighed.
“Okay Gee, I’m sorry. Just try to give us some warning next time, okay?!” He said wearily.
Gerard beamed. “Okay!” He said happily. Then he looked suspicious.
“Why? Have you two been making out or something?” He asked.
“NO!” yelled Mikey and I simultaneously.
“Okay, okay!” said Gerard, holding up his hands. Then he hit Mikey playfully over the head.

“Ouch!” yelled Mikey, “Gerard! Mum says it’s wrong to hit!”
“Well Mum isn’t here is she bitch?” giggled Gerard, and skipped off to join Ann, who was wearing a bemused expression on her face.

It was only after Mikey had walked me all the way back to my class that I realised I was wearing Mikey’s Jacket still, and after all the fuss about the mobile phone, Gerard had actually walked (or skipped) off with Mikey’s mobile still in his pocket…

~Mikey~

I was so close! So close!! I was gonna kill Gee when I got home! I blew my hair out of my eyes and stared dreamily out of the window. She was so lovely. And kind. And hot. And nice. And hot. And Funny. And hot….and…okay! So maybe I had a crush on her! But she said she liked me! And I was so CLOSE! I buried my face in my hands and sighed dejectedly as I thought about her. But at least she let me get that close. So there was still hope. My thoughts changed from angry to ones of undying passion for EmahLee, hardly noticing the screwed up bits of paper bouncing off my head as the jock pelted me with them. I looked up and out of the window towards EmahLee’s classroom. Yeah, I smiled to my self, life cold be okay sometimes. And then a bit of paper hit me on the nose…