Different

Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

- Indigo -


I walked out into the burning summer heat, and over to our old car. It looked so funny next to all the other posh cars in the neighbourhood. I climbed in and closed the door, josie of course slamming hers in the temper tantrum she was having. Soon we would reach Einstein elementory, and she wouldbe all sugar and smiles. She was a different person. A fake. And she certainly wasn't the Josie I knew. Not one bit.

As we rounded the corner, Einstein Elementory came into view, and I felt horrible, sickening nerves sweep through me. maybe today will be different, I thought hopefully, though I knew it wouldn't be. My Mum drove off without bothering to call out goodbye to me, looking flustered. I watched as Josie hurried off in the opposite direction, tossing back her hair and smilng to some friend of hers. Looks like I was invisble again. Shakily, I looked left and right, before turning to make a dash for the classroom, but not before...

"Hey freak! Where do you think you're going?"

I froze, hardly daring to turn round.

"It's polite to turn to face the person who's talking to you LOSER! are you to thick to work that out you sad little emo? Nobody cares about you!"
That did it. "ME thick?! Look who's talking! The only thing that got you into this school was money! Why can't you just leave me alone?" Oh shit.

Why did I have to open my big mouth?

Now I was really in for it...I watched as the jock (who's name was Jake) stood looking non-plussed, as if trying to work out what I had said (though come to think of it, that seemed to be exactly what he was doing...) then he clenched his fists, and his face contorted into a horrible leer.

"GET...HER...NOW!!" He suddenly snarled, and began to run after me. All I could think of was one word. RUN.

I panted as the classroom came into view, still hearing Jake and his gang yelling things like, "Freak! Emo! i'm gonna knock the shit out of you!" and "You're gonna regret you ever said that you little slimeball!"

I raced towards the classroom door, a pain in my side from running. finally I reached it, and with a surge of relief I wrenchedit open, but not before hearing,
"You gotta away this time but we'll get you at lunch you little asshole!!"
I walked towards my seat, still panting, sitting down heavily in my chair, and recieving weird looks from Mrs Watermann.

I was the only student in the classroom. I reached into my bag and brought out my sketchbook. Trying to push cries of "I'm gonna get you at lunch!" out of my throbbing head, I picked up a pencil and began to draw. After a while, I felt slightly better. Ilove drawing, it always takes my mind of things.

- Frankie -

I stood outside the door of my new classroom, trying to convince my still jittery self to open. Finally, I took a deep breath and twisted the handle, stepping into the room. I was immediately greeted with a silence which had obviously just replaced the usual classroom chatter which had been going on before I opened the door.

The whole class gawped at me, but the teacher gave me a pinched smile.
"Come over here dear!" She said, making it sound more like an order than a friendly offer. I shuffled nervously towards her desk, shutting the door behind me.
"Now. this is Frank. he has joined us this year. Any thing you would like to say Mr iero? Something about yourself?" Oh god, why did teachers have to be so akward?
"Ermmm...my name's Frank and ermm...i go to this school now..so yeah" I muttered.

I looked around the class and saw a girl I hadn't noticed before, because she seemed to be the only one who wasn't staring or whispering.She seemed to be sketching. She had Jet blackhair like mine, and bright green eyes. As she brushed her hair behind her ear, I could see tjhat she had two peircings in each ear. She also had a lipring. I touched mine absentmindidly.

She was wearing ripped Jeans and a misfits T-shirt. She had on black and white striped arm warmers too. I hurried over to the spare seat beside her, and whispered, "mind if I sit here?" She looked up, startled and stared at me, but then nodded and smiled.
"Yeah, sure" she mumbled, and blushed I felt myself blushing too. Why was I blushing? it's not as if I liked heror anything. Not in that way. Of course not. I mean we had only just met hadn't we?

The teacher looked at me, her beady eyes narrowed, completely forgetting her kind teacher act. "Mr Iero, I do not believe saying you could sit there, I was infact goingto choose a place for you my self, Nevertheless, There will suffice."
I blinked twice."Erm...sorry...ok" I said.

Mrs Watermann, as she later announced herself to be called, went back to sorting through papers on her desk., and I was finally free from my new "introduction" to the chool.

i looked back at the girl I was sitting with. She had gone back to her drawing.
"My name's Frankie by the way" I informed her. She looked up.
"umm..yes..I know" she said. I frowned slightly.
"You do? How come?"
she smiled. "You already said. In your Introduction?"
I blushed."Oh! yes! I ermmm...I forgot! haha!" Oh god shut UP! I thought to my self. And why did I have to blush again? Fortunately, she didn't seem to think I was a COMPLETE idiot. Either that or she was a very good actor...
"S'ok" she said, grinning shyly. "And I'm Indigo".
"Indigo. Like that blue kinda colour right?" I could of hit myself. What a stupid thing to say! Man I was really screwing up today.
"uhh...yeah. Stupid huh?!" She said, laughing nervously.
"NO! I mean erm, no, it's a nice name! Really!" I smiled at her. She smiled back.
"Thanks..."