Different

Chapter 20

CHAPTER 20

~Frankie~

Man I screwed up! She must have thought I was molesting her the way I was…oh shit…she must hate me! I sighed. Then I heard a Mikey yelp and realised I was still pinning him down, with his arm twisted round his back.
“Sorry!” I yelled, jumping up from him. Oops. I was so in thought I had forgotten what I was doing! He must have been like that for five minutes...

Mikey nursed his arm, glaring at me.
“I said…sorry…” I said defensively.
He just glared harder and turned sulkily to EmahLee, still shooting venomous backward glances at me.
I tried hard not to laugh. Mikey was pretty funny when he was sulking. Like a little kid…

“Awww come on Mikes!” I grinned dubiously, playfully punching him on the arm.
“Mik-EY! Not mikes!” He said, sticking out his bottom lip.
“Sorry Mik-EEEYY!!!!” I giggled, putting an exaggerated emphasize on the last bit.
EmahLee laughed.
“Mikes?” She looked questioningly at us, beaming at how funny it sounded.
Mikey’s head span round to face her.
“Yes?” he asked, a huge dopey grin on his face.
I cracked up laughing.
“I…thought…I…thought you didn’t answer to that lover boy!” I managed to choke the words out between giggles.

Mikey turned a fetching shade of beetroot and snapped at me.
“Don’t call me lover boy! And it’s not that funny!”

I was about to speak but Gerard suddenly decided to join in our conversation.
“And why shouldn’t he call you lover boy then?” he smirked, shooting a
I-know-you-know-I-know look at Mikey.
“Gee! I swear! If you…” Mikey turned to Gerard, looking slightly anxious and even more embarrassed. For some reason EmahLee almost matched the scarlet colour Mikey had gone now.

I looked from Mikey to EmahLee to Gerard then back.
“What?!” I yelled, “What happened?”
“Nothing, nothing!” Cut in Mikey, shooting threatening looks at Gerard.
“Well…..” Gerard began, sniggering at his little brother’s face.
“NO!!” yelled Mikey, “Gee I’ll never here the fucking end of it!”
“WHAT?! TELL ME!!” I shouted over Mikey.

Gerard had now decided to take the piss out of me instead.
He shrugged, a smirk playing on his face.
“Hmm…well…I dunno…If Mikey doesn’t want me to tell you then…” He said, slowly and teasingly moving away from us.
Mikey sighed in evident and open relief.
“TELL ME, TELL ME, TELL ME!” I leapt on Gerard back and w both fell down in a hopeless giggling mass.
“Mikey and EmahLee made out!” Gerard shrieked, obviously not able to keep it to himself any longer.
My mouth fell open. Surely Mikey was way too shy for that!
“No!” I gasped “Really?!”
“YEAH!” Gerard cried, laughing almost as much as Indigo was when I was tickling her.

“NO! We didn’t! I didn’t! We didn’t even get to kiss cos of Gerard!” Yelped Mikey, then turned white when he realised what he had just said. EmahLee, in complete contrast, was blushing enough for the both of them, staring down at the floor.
Gerard and I looked at each other than both erupted into howls of laughter.
“DIDN’T GET TO?!” I yelled.
“So you ADMIT IT! YOU WERE GONNA KISS!” screamed Gerard.
Mikey buried his face in his hands.

Ann and Indigo who had been having a quiet conversation with Sammi and Kyo, looked round at us in amazement.
“What’s so funny?” Sammi asked, a smile on her face as she looked at us rolling round on the floor, crying with laughter.
“Mikey…he…he!” tried Gerard.
“Him…and EmahLee…they…they!” I gasped.
“THEY KISSED! HAHA!” we both yelled. There was a point when you got so hyper, you went completely insane and laughed mentally at everything said. Gerard and I were way past that stage…

LATER

“You know, that day wasn’t too bad as far as school goes!” I grinned at the rest of the group as we made our way to the car.
Ann laughed.
“Yup!” she smiled.
“Hey why don’t we do something tomorrow? Bob, Tori, Ray…all of us!” Indigo said.
“Naw but I promised I’d go with Bob. He’s babysitting this girl’s sister. The girl he met at the club, y’know?”

I stared at him.
“Bob…baby-sit?” I said in amazement.
Gerard laughed.
“Yeah! He’s a big softie really Frankie!” He said.
“So he’s trying to impress her by what…babysitting her sister?” Ann giggled.
“Yup! The girl’s coming too. They’re going to the zoo!”
“So…why does she need him too baby-sit if she’s gonna baby-sit her sister with him anyway?” Indigo looked puzzled.

“Beccaauuuussseee, they both fancy each other like mad and that was just an excuse to get together!”
“Oh! I get it!” grinned EmahLee, “So what’s her name?”
“I dunno…Bob’s very secretive about these things…” Gerard shrugged.
“Hey! Why don’t we all come too!” squealed Sammi.
“Yeeaahhhh! I’m sure Bob won’t mind!” Gerard clapped his hands together.

He reached into his pocket and brought out Mikey’s phone which he still had. Ignoring Mikey’s indignant cries, he dialled Bob’s number and put it to his ear.

“Hello Bob! It’s me! What do you mean who is this? I said! Me! Ohhhhh! It’s Gerard.
Mm-hmm. Yeah, well I was just ringing up to say, y’know that girl you wanna snog? Yeah you do…You both fancy each other like mad I can tell! Well, anyway…you know you were going with her and her sister to the zoo? Well we’re all coming too! So instead of the three of you, there will be all 8 of us lot coming too! That’s cos Tori and Ray can’t come they’re busy. Isn’t that great! The more the merrier! What do you mean no way? It’s already sorted! Ouch stop yelling! Have a nice day, byyeeeee!”

And with that Gerard switched off the mobile and beamed.
“So, did he say yes?” Kyo asked.
“Well…not exactly but I’m sure he meant to say it! And I know what time they’re going! So it’s all good!”

And so it was settled. Well, according to Gerard…