Different

Chapter 34

CHAPTER 34

~FRANKIE~


“I give up!” I said to no-one in particular, pushing my huge maths text book onto the floor in one sweeping motion.

Only it didn’t quite reach the floor because my foot got in the way...

“ARRGGHHHHH!!!” I screamed, hopping around in agony, clutching my foot.
Suddenly my phone burst into “Scream” By Misfits, signalling an incoming call.

Siezing it, and limping back to my chair, I held it to my ear.

“He-helloo” I winced, willing the burning pain in my foot to disappear.
“Hi Frankie, this is Tori. Indigo’s sister is in hospital right now with concussion and-”

I couldn’t believe my ears.

“Hang on a minute...WHAT?!” I interrupted her.
I heard her sigh worriedly down the phone.
“I know....Indigo’s really upset...”
“What happened?!” I gasped.
“I’m not quite sure....But she asked for you Frankie...”

I felt as if my heart had stopped. No. She wanted...me?
But...she had so many other people she could go to...I knew for a fact that EmahLee and Kyo were two of her best friends...
She wanted me.
And you know something else? There wasn’t anyone in the world I’d rather want me...

“I’ll be there” I told Tori, and pushed the end call button.

Grabbing my Jacket, I raced outside into the freezing weather.
It seemed to be skipping ahead, It was only October, yet the weather seemed to match that of December already....

I managed finally to reach the hospital, breathless and stone cold.
Rushing inside I stopped at the front desk, where an irritable lady was eyeing my black tight top and equally tight ripped Jeans with growing distaste.

“May I help you sir?” she said patronisingly.
“Josie Collins” I muttered through Gritted teeth.
“I’m sorry sir but you’ll have to speak up, I can’t hear you” she smiled sickeningly at me, a hint of a smirk showing.

“Josie Collins. Where is she?” I said loudly.
She didn’t try at all to hide the smirk at all now...
“I’m sorry sir but you cannot see her at this immediate time.”
“So could you tell me where the waiting room is then possibly?!” I tried to control my voice. The last thing I wanted was to be kicked out.
“Is this waiting room not suffice sir?” She asked, waving round at the one we were in, the smirk still wiped all over her face.

“Well, evidently not or I wouldn’t have asked!!” I almost yelled.
The grin froze on her face.

“Sir, I warn you, we don’t tolerate rudeness here, and I don’t want to ask you to leave so please-”

“Well show me to the waiting room then!” I spat, and searched my mind for inspiration, “Or I’ll have to ask your manager about it instead...”
That got her. It was funny to see how quickly someone’s attitude changes when it is possible they may lose their job.

“Of course! No Problem at all! Just up the corridor and to the left!” She trilled, the sickening smile back in place.

“Well thanks a lot” I said, with more sarcasm then gratitude.
“Bitch” I added under my breath as I walked briskly to where she had instructed.

Turning cautiously into the waiting room, I saw there were only 3 occupants in it. An old, tired looking woman who was asleep, Tori...and Indigo.

I rushed to her. They hadn’t noticed me, and Indigo was looking silently down at the floor, tears welling in her eyes as Tori tried to comfort her.

“...And it’s all my fault...” I heard her whisper as I neared them.
Slowly, I bent down towards her and lifted up her chin gently with a finger so she was looking straight into my eyes.

“Frankie!” she cried, and I encircled her in my arms.
She began crying again, and I tenderly lifted her face to look at mine again, stroking her tear stained cheek.

“Hey...Don’t cry Indigo!” I whispered to her comfortingly as she clung to me.
“But it’s all my fault...all my fault!” she whimpered to me.
“I very much doubt that” I smiled softly as I quietly lead her to the tacky plastic chairs, my arm hugging her to me.