Different

Chapter 35

CHAPTER 35

~INDIGO~


I told him everything, the tears spilling out of my eyes as frequently as the words came tumbling out of my mouth.

I told him of how I should’ve come back to Josie when she called me.
And how it was my fault that I she had scars on her pretty face.
And how she wouldn’t tell me, didn’t trust me.

How When I found out...I knew it was all down to me...she got beaten up and god knows what else trying to protect me from her disgusting scumbag of a boyfriend.
And he just sat and listened to me the whole time, a reassuring arm around me.

I shut my eye’s and bit my lip, causing a trickle of crimson to run down it as I tried to control my sobbing, my breath coming out in ragged gasps.

“You hate me don’t you! Its all my fault and now you hate me...” I buried my face in my hands, wishing I could hide.

“Indigo of course I don’t hate you! Don’t be mad, I could never hate you!” Frankie gasped, pulling me into a huge hug.

“I’m so sick of always being the depressed annoying one!” I muttered, clenching my hands into fists so that they left nail marks on my palms.

“Number one, its okay to be depressed Indy! Every one feels like that sometimes, and you are no exception! And Number two, you are NOT annoying; in fact I couldn’t think of a less annoying person if I tried!”

I looked up to see him bent over me, his face a picture of concern. It was so cute the way his forehead was creased into a little frown, his mouth slightly open, lips wet.
What am I thinking?!
One minute I’m sobbing my heart out, the next I’m ogling him!
I’m so fucking stupid! I went to bend my head again but Frankie stopped me.
Holding me by the shoulders, he smiled gently.

“Indigo...I’m here for you. And it’s not you’re fault.”
I felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off me.
He didn’t think it was my fault?
Was it my fault?

My thoughts were broken off when a young nurse swept into the waiting room.
“Your sister is now free to go!” she smiled to me.
I blinked back tears of relief.

“She’s okay?! She’s not going to die?”

The nurse looked aghast.

“Of course not! She’s fine! She was just unconscious but she soon came around, and then we had to clear up her wounds. She was never going to die!” she looked at me concerned, “You poor thing, you didn’t think she was going to die did you?”

I looked down and avoided her question.
Because the answer was yes I really had...

Frankie saw I didn’t want to answer and squeezed my arm.
“Can we take her home then please? I think Indigo here could do with just going home...” Frankie said.

“Of course!” the nurse smiled, “You just need to fill out a couple of forms!”
I sighed. What was it with hospitals and filling out forms?
Frankie saw me sigh and laughed, ruffling my hair.
“You don’t like forms that much do you Indigo?”
“Not mad about them no” I half grinned. Relief was beginning to flood through me now I knew that Josie was going to be okay.

The nurse tilted her head to one sighed and cooed “Awww aren’t you and your boyfriend sweet together?”
I felt Frankie’s arm go rigid where it was around my shoulders, at the same time as I coughed loudly.

The nurse looked mystified.
“We’re not together!” Frankie tried to laugh.
“Nope!” I joined him, as he bashfully removed his arm from around me.

At that moment Josie walked out of the door.