Different

Chapter 6

CHAPTER SIX

Indigo-


I looked at EmahLee, who was looking so anxiously at me. And then I looked up at Frankie. I couldn’t believe he had actually done that to Jake! And for me! We had only just met. He was such a wonderful person. The sudden urge to kiss him grew so strong that I had to look away from him and down at the floor.

I didn’t think he’d really appreciate it seeing as I was covered in blood and everything. Hah! Assuming he even wanted to kiss me in the first place! I mean who would want to? Freak. That was me.

But somehow Frankie was different. He didn’t hurt me. He didn’t laugh at me. He was so gentle. And funny. Friendly too! And now I had seen the protective side of him. He was right. He certainly could fight for his size! He was the only one who didn’t seem to hate me. Him and EmahLee.

But that Gerard guy seemed friendly too. Why were they being nice to me? I didn’t know. But I did know one thing. I really appreciated it. More than you can imagine. To know that someone cared about me. Wow.

I mean there was my Mum of course. She had to love me though. It was like that. We’re family. Though Josie certainly didn’t seem to see it like that. Why did she hate me? It hurt so much. We were so close. But she thinks I’m a weirdo. Just like everyone else. I quickly wiped a tear away from my face so no-one would notice. Why was I so stupid to cry about something like this? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Gerard was still holding his hand out to me. I trusted him. I had to. Slowly, I reached out my own hand to grasp his so he could pull me up.

Suddenly the school bell rang for lessons. I froze. We all stared at the classroom door, hardly daring to move. Our hearts were beating so fast it was impossible.

The footsteps neared. Closed and closer. The pain in my nose was getting unbelievable. I was going to pass out any second.

Suddenly the door opened. The teacher who was standing there almost fainted with shock.
“What on earth is going on?!?! My goodness! Oh my god! We have to get you to hospital immediately! Questions will come later!” The panicky teacher seized the phone on the desk and began to dial for an ambulance.

10 minutes later, a couple of men rushed in holding a stretcher. God knows why. I had broken my nose not my leg! I was rushed to the ambulance. Frankie was running behind us, with the teacher who was unsuccessfully trying to hold him back.

“BUT I HAVE TO GO WITH HER! I HAVE TO KNOW SHE’S OKAY!” he was shouting.
“NO! Frank STOP!” the teacher finally managed to grab hold of him.

I was scared. I didn’t want to go with these men alone! I wanted Frankie to come! “Fran..ki..e!” I managed to yell. I didn’t know if he had heard me.
I was desperately straining round; looking for him or EmahLee, but the pain was growing to much. Suddenly everything went black.