Different

Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9

Frankie-

We had been so involved in our embrace that we hadn’t noticed more footsteps leading towards the bright white door of the ironically dull coloured room. In fact there were many footsteps which echoed along the bustling hospital corridor. The door burst open, and in stumbled the laughing, talking mass of Gerard, Mikey, Ann and EmahLee.

Indigo and I sprang apart. They stopped and jaws dropping, stared at us, dumbstruck.
“I didn’t know you and Indigo were like…together” Gerard said, scratching his head and looking confused. “You never said Frankie”.
Indigo and I both began to talk at once, gabbling different excuses and versions as to why we were in this awkward situation.

EmahLee started to giggle. “I think what they are trying to say is that they are NOT together” She said, sounding bemused.
Gerard raised an eyebrow. “…Yet” he finished for her, smirking slightly.
Ann and Mikey were looking at us too.
“You two looked pretty close back there to me…” Ann said.

“Anyway! Yeah! You’re here! And you all came!” I rambled on, anything to draw the attention away from the “happy couple” that consisted of Indigo and me. I mean, we weren’t even together!

“Yeah! I was just coming to see how Indigo was doing, and I met this lot on the way! Sorry, I don’t know all your names…” EmahLee said, glancing at Mikey and Ann quizzically.
“I’m Mikey – Gerard’s brother, and this is Ann, Gerard’s…how should I put this? Luverrrr…” Mikey Said, grinning at Gerard, who pushed him playfully back in reply, then kissed Ann on the cheek.

Indigo was beaming round at everyone. She seemed so happy. The tears on her cheeks, though dried were still traced there, as if reminding her of the ghost of her past misery.
Why was she suddenly so happy? There was so much more to Indigo then I knew, so much I wanted to find out about her. Could she possibly be made that happy by just being told she was beautiful?

I guess she didn’t get told that that often. Not because she was ugly or anything. No. She was hauntingly beautiful with her pale skin and emerald eyes. It was because of the way she was treated by the jocks. Like scum.

Or maybe it was because it was me who told her she was beautiful. No. That couldn’t be it. I snapped out of my trance as Mikey began to talk again.

“Well anyway, Gerard told us what happened with Indigo and every thing, and we decided to come along with him. Those jocks really went too far this time. I mean, they’ve never done anything like this before…”He continued.


-Everyone’s POV-

Suddenly Ann sat bolt upright from where everyone had managed to somehow squeeze onto the tiny bed.
“I have just had the best idea!” She exclaimed, her eyes sparkling.
“What’s that hon?” Gerard asked, smiling and kissing her on the tip of her nose.

Ann beamed round at them all. “Well, Gerard and Mikey, you know Ray and Bob are coming back from vacation on Saturday right?” she said excitedly.
“Yeah…about time! We haven’t seen them in ages!” Gerard grinned happily.

“So…how’s about we all go to angst together!! Ray and Bob can meet everyone! It’ll be awesome!” Ann finished up, looking round at us expectantly.

“Brilliant! And with Ray and Bob!!” Cried Frankie happily, and then looked very confused. “Hang on a minute…who are Ray and Bob?” he said.

“Oh they’re real old friends of ours…you’ll get along really well!” Ann enthused.
“Isn’t Angst supposed to be that new club that’s just opened?” Indigo said looking almost ecstatic. She had never been to a rock gig, or club, or anything like that. She had no-one to go with.
“And Tori will have to come as well of course!” said Gerard winking.

Indigo looked confused. “Tori? Who’s Tori?” she said.
“That would be Ray’s girlfriend! Just don’t ask them what they did on holiday whatever you do…they might take it a bit too literally!” grinned Gerard and everyone laughed.

“Oh my god it’s gonna be so great to see Tori again!!” shrieked Ann, going into one of her usual Hyperactive moments and literally bouncing up and down on the bed.

“I know you’re on a sugar rush babe, but cool it just a little!” Gerard said laughing. Ann just giggled.

“You want laughter? I’ll give you laughter!” Gerard said, and tackled her to the floor, tickling her within an inch of her life. Ann tried to fight him off but it was no use and in the end she gave up in complete hysterics. Gerard finally stopped tickling her and immediately started to make out with her instead, moaning a little as he drew his arms around her. This consequenced in a chorus of jokey complaints from the others.

“Guys get A ROOM!” yelled Mikey, who until now had hardly spoken. Everyone burst out laughing at this, even Gerard and Ann, who had come up from air and were scrambling back to the bed.

All this time EmahLee and Mikey had been really quiet. Too quiet. What was going on with those two?

They kept glancing up at each other then looking down and blushing furiously.
Only Indigo seemed to have noticed though.

She leant forward so that no-one noticed and whispered to EmahLee.
“What’s up with you and Mikey?” She said.
EmahLee jumped. “What’s up with me and Mikey? Nothing’s up with us! I don’t know what you mean! It’s not like I like him or anything! Ha-ha! I mean why would I?!” EmahLee rambled.

Indigo looked at her. EmahLee was blushing. Blushing! But EmahLee was never shy! What was going on with these two? She thought. Well actually she could hazard a pretty good guess…